PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

Hi Folks!

I know you want me to work on the habs, but I made a VASIMR engine and argon tank instead.

T6eUA3g.jpgSkXzyZZ.jpg

Uses the NearFuture plugin to get variable ISP/thrust settings, like the real thing.

I recommend to use this with the whole Near Future propulsion mod or else you may have problems to generate the crazy amounts of electricity this thing consumes.

It's based closely on the Ad Astra lunar tug concept.

download

Apparently I'm supposed to include a license for addons, so:

I licence this work under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Gonna work on the IVA's now, since you all seem to want them badly.

Looks like NearFuture's argon tank, engines are really nice though!

Been looking for an inflatable Hab module for a long time. Love it.

Got it up on my station without much trouble see the pictures below.

2 suggestions.

1. Make the end caps surface attachable, for RCS, batteries, solar cells, etc...

2. Make a version without the end caps. Then people could build to match thier own style.

Station%202.png

Station%201.png

From quite a ways back? But what mod are those solar panels from? :)

WOW, I like this inflatable living section, WITH the darts! And all the other parts look great! I'm planning an interplanetary Kethane mission and will definitely use this one!

Awesome work, keep it up, I will check this topic regularly! :)

Sorry for double-post, but the Orbital Orb is very brittle isn't it? It explodes of you drop or loudly sneeze at it! Also, this mod seems to have gone quiet (too quiet) and I was wondering about release for the new propulsion system as well as plans for 0.23

The argon tank is just brilliant! Porkjet, maybe you should do a kind of very-near-future station parts with the same barebones look - a LFO equivalent in multiple sizes would make my christmas! (Ok maybe not quite, but still)

I have some secret plans for the inflato. I still wish the core was smaller but meh.

I'm working on the internals, which takes a hell of a lot of time.

xD2o6pY.jpg

Thank you for the Orbital Orb, it is just what I needed for my small lander transport and refuel station.

Cool ship! Yo dawg, I heard you like spheres. The glowing window is a cool idea i think I'll add that.

Also, should I change the Orb into a controllable command pod?

I'm working on the internals, which takes a hell of a lot of time.

Cool ship! Yo dawg, I heard you like spheres. The glowing window is a cool idea i think I'll add that.

Yeh, that's probably a good idea! Also, do you have any plans about implementing a Gemini-style 2 man capsule? There are some out their, but they all clash with the stock textures. And with inflatables, what about inflatable tanks for bases and stations?

Yo dawg, I heard you like spheres. So I put spheres on your sphere so you can sphere while you sphere

:)

That sounds like an excellent idea! The Orb would make for a great lander capsule. On a related note have you considered creating a command pod? Something similar to the Nautilus-X concept?

I have that one old inflatable hab that's basically a balloon. It comes as a small square you attach radially and inflates into a lopsided condom. I had updated it to work in .20 but haven't used it in a while. It was created by nhnifong and was in the BACE module pack. Something similar needs to be remade as a sleeping/emergency shelter, as for the IVA I don't think it would be hard, mostly folding chairs and inflatable beds.

screenshot72_zpsb0d04cf7.png

Edited by NNYGamer

Because this particular pithy practice is a personal pet peeve of mine.

Ack! You win. I dunno what you win but you win.

And more dart boards... and tape.....

No! No more dart boards in the inflato-hab! Jeb's breaking the bank on duct tape alone...

Sorry if someone already said this, but the rotating hab module (which is awesome, I love that it spins by itself) seems a little small. Like, kerbals would need to crawl through it, which seems to defeat the purpose of having a spinning shelter. Is it possible (I'm not a modder, so I really don't know) to just bump u the scale. If the central core were 2.5M instead of 1.25 I think the scale would be pretty spot on. Plenty of room for Jeb to run laps.