Not your typical, not your typical multiplayer thread.*

Multiple people flying multiple vessels will not work. (Correction: It's been worked around with a mod)

Why not make it possible for two or three (sessions would be small) people to build a rocket together in the VAB, and fly it together? One person would assume flight control, others assuming "flight engineer" positions, responsible for looking after fuel, electrical, and whatever other systems are implemented in the future. Of course how you decide to role play it is up to you.

Perhaps I should clarify that this proposition is different from suggested multiplayer implementations and current mods on the grounds of having multiple people fly in ONE ship, and the ability to aid each other on missions as such. Each player is more or less assigned a Kerbal, as opposed to his/her own flying session. Reason for clarifying this was, while yes, Multiplayer is on the WNTS list, it's an entirely different concept NOT constrained by the same reason that doomed multiplayer to the WNTS list in the first place.

Happy flying.

I've used telemachus, while fun and innovative, it does not give the level of immersion I believe would stem from this type of multiplayer.

For example, my buddy is out on EVA performing science, while i'm inside the cockpit determining the re-entry procedure. Communicating through VOIP would only make this the most immersive space simulation/game to come. At least that's how I feel about it.

Any takers?

I've used telemachus, while fun and innovative, it does not give the level of immersion I believe would stem from this type of multiplayer.

For example, my buddy is out on EVA performing science, while i'm inside the cockpit determining the re-entry procedure. Communicating through VOIP would only make this the most immersive space simulation/game to come. At least that's how I feel about it.

Any takers?

I may not use telemachus, but I do agree with your conclusion

I don't see how flying a vessel should be fun for 2 players. Yes, there might are a few situations like EVAs or pumping fuel, where a few more hands would be helpful... but KSP was designed with only player in mind and most of the time, an additional player could only watch. And at least i cannot see any reasonable way to change that.

It's called "what not to suggest", now "what not to discuss". :)

This thread can stay, as long as it doesn't go haywire... in which case, I or one of the other moderators will step in.

Although I, personally, don't really think there's a great deal of merit to having multiple people per vehicle until KSP runs smoothly enough for some Star Fleet-style motherships.

I can imagine, and would be interested in, a system that puts one player in mission control back on Kerbin and one or more in the ship itself. Mission control would be the only player that has access to the map screen and manoeuvre nodes and would thus be responsible for coordinating the mission. Any nodes they planned would still show up on the Nav ball of the other players. On the ship itself, there probably isn't enough to do on any given command pod to be worth splitting between players. But when a ship has more than one command pod, you could assign one player to each. So you could have one player in the mothership and one in the lander, for example. Or one controlling the ship and one handling the satellite probe it launches. The problem I forsee is that whoever is playing Michael Collins doesn't have much to do while he waits for Neil and Buzz to return.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.