[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

How can I make both a drogue parachute and main parachute on the same parachute part?

in the features it says this:

•Two parachutes on one part: Tired of adding both drogues and main parachutes on your ship? What about having both of them in one single part, without the bugginess than the stock parachute module gives? RealChute now supports having more than one parachute on the part, and makes them work both simultaneously!

How can I make both a drogue parachute and main parachute on the same parachute part?

in the features it says this:

•Two parachutes on one part: Tired of adding both drogues and main parachutes on your ship? What about having both of them in one single part, without the bugginess than the stock parachute module gives? RealChute now supports having more than one parachute on the part, and makes them work both simultaneously!

By using the double cone chutes or the stack chutes. The presets can already give you a main/drogue combo premade.

Thanks, I tried it on the vanilla parachutes, thats why it didn't worked.

By the way I have bobcat's soviet pack installed but I don't get a parachute editor when I click on the soyuz parachute, I have the latest version of modulemanager and I also copied the modulemanager files of your mod in the realchute folder.

Edited by stupid_chris

By the way I have bobcat's soviet pack installed but I don't get a parachute editor when I click on the soyuz parachute, I have the latest version of modulemanager and I also copied the modulemanager files of your mod in the realchute folder.

That's because it's meant to not be tweakable since they are historical parts.

I'm trying to use this mod and I've encountered a problem with the editor window in the VAB : when I right-click the chutes I have placed on my ship, the tweakable "Toggle Info" does appear, but I can't edit anything. The window only contains information about the current chute but there is no way to modify it. In addition, the chute's diameter is always the same and does not adapt to what's underneath it.

My installation is a fresh one, since I did not use this mod before the latest version. I have put the RealChute folder inside GameData, and the ModuleManager configs inside this RealChute folder. I also have put the 2.0.3 version of ModuleManager, since I was using a more recent one. What am I doing wrong ?

EDIT : I've tested it with just the RealChute mod and ModuleManager 2.0.3, and it still does not work.

Edited by Jashin

I'm trying to use this mod and I've encountered a problem with the editor window in the VAB : when I right-click the chutes I have placed on my ship, the tweakable "Toggle Info" does appear, but I can't edit anything. The window only contains information about the current chute but there is no way to modify it. In addition, the chute's diameter is always the same and does not adapt to what's underneath it.

My installation is a fresh one, since I did not use this mod before the latest version. I have put the RealChute folder inside GameData, and the ModuleManager configs inside this RealChute folder. I also have put the 2.0.3 version of ModuleManager, since I was using a more recent one. What am I doing wrong ?

EDIT : I've tested it with just the RealChute mod and ModuleManager 2.0.3, and it still does not work.

You have to use the ActionGroup mode. Then the edit menu will appear, you can change all settings and use two buttons two toggle through the different sizes.

You have to use the ActionGroup mode. Then the edit menu will appear, you can change all settings and use two buttons two toggle through the different sizes.

Thank you so much ! I derped hard there. It was indicated in stupid_chris's last post about the new version, but there was nothing about that in the OP. Now back to the tinkering of my ships ! Much obliged to you for the solution.

What Starwaster said. If the altidude is 0 it won't work, just touch down normally and the rest will happen on it's own.

GASP! It worked perfectly! (I had previously been arming the chute with an action group)

AAZQcH7.png

(You can see the parachute begin to deploy)

A1FtO0Z.png

Fully Deployed

have aktuell version of realchute in carrere mode have i a big chute (mexicanhat Version) on the little standart capsule. was have i make not rigth .

kopie gamedata to my gamedata .and from the modmangerdir gamedata.use modulmanger 2.1.5

have aktuell version of realchute in carrere mode have i a big chute (mexicanhat Version) on the little standart capsule. was have i make not rigth .

kopie gamedata to my gamedata .and from the modmangerdir gamedata.use modulmanger 2.1.5

You need to rescale the part via that action groups window :) Just do as if you wanted to edit action groups, click on a parachute, and use the "next size" and "previous size" buttons at the top to change the part so it fits :)

Man, Chris you had to do that to you profile pic didn't you? XD

Now I feel my soul being drained out by Gunter all the time

Blame Nova for that :P

But yeah, just came back from my actually last exam. WEnt bettter than last time and it should be good this time. I'll be taking a few more days to rest and take back that sleep time I spent studying and shall be back soon :)

Oh and something I forgot about:

I shall be taking over EVA Parachutes from Kreuzung and giving it a little RealChute flavour as well as some refactoring of the code. This won't be done for the very next release, but it should be pretty soon :)

I shall be taking over EVA Parachutes from Kreuzung and giving it a little RealChute flavour as well as some refactoring of the code. This won't be done for the very next release, but it should be pretty soon :)

Those are some great news :D Btw how easy/complicated is it to do a MM for a part to allow it RealChute Editor support? I'm speaking of THIS . There is still a old config from Taki117 around but it is pre 1.0 So yeah how eays making support for 1.0+ RC?

Those are some great news :D Btw how easy/complicated is it to do a MM for a part to allow it RealChute Editor support? I'm speaking of THIS . There is still a old config from Taki117 around but it is pre 1.0 So yeah how eays making support for 1.0+ RC?

Pretty easy, just a matter of adding a ProceduralChute module.

Hi Stupid_Chris I use your mod its very good however I have struck a problem using the new Bobcat Home 3 system the command pods parachute turns invisible still functions and deploys correctly but its due to the MM config written for the old HOME System could you advise what changes would need to be made so all the HOME chutes are visible

Oh yes. YES YES YES.

I've got some thoughts regarding this that we'll discuss via PM.

So, I'm having a problem with Real Chutes. I am using it along with the RO/RSS setup (and other required mods). I'm pretty sure it's Chutes though, as whenever I try to use a re-sized stack/radial chute, the chute icons won't appear in staging on the launch pad. Attempting to reload and edit the craft, lead to out of memory crashes or freezes. It may be a conflict with some other mod on the list, but... Here's the link to my most recent output_log from experiencing this problem. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31137162/output_log.txt

So, I'm having a problem with Real Chutes. I am using it along with the RO/RSS setup (and other required mods). I'm pretty sure it's Chutes though, as whenever I try to use a re-sized stack/radial chute, the chute icons won't appear in staging on the launch pad. Attempting to reload and edit the craft, lead to out of memory crashes or freezes. It may be a conflict with some other mod on the list, but... Here's the link to my most recent output_log from experiencing this problem. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31137162/output_log.txt

Seems you're running out of memory. I could drop the blame on the amount of mods you have, but I should minimize it anyway. I tried to make the method that caused the error a little more discrete memory wise, hopefully it fies it, else you'll have put the axe somewhere I'm afraid :/

Seems you're running out of memory. I could drop the blame on the amount of mods you have, but I should minimize it anyway. I tried to make the method that caused the error a little more discrete memory wise, hopefully it fies it, else you'll have put the axe somewhere I'm afraid :/

Yeah, the memory crashes are just a fact of life with a large mod list. Not sure that the other behavior I've experienced is memory related though. Sorry I forgot to mention it in the initial post, but there's more going wrong than just the icon not showing in staging when that happens: I'll launch the rocket, and it won't move. Oh, the clamps have released, engines are fired, >1.2 TWR/SLT on the pad. Just won't move. Can't even make it tip over. Just sits there, engines going. Other times parts mounted before/above a stack chute will just fall off as soon as physics finishes loading on the pad. I'd been trying to re-create that event when I got a memory crash, which is the log I uploaded. Should I try again and just post the log if I manage to re-create on the pad, without a memory crash?

As for chopping down the mod list... I still haven't gone as far as removing parts I don't use (career mode game, haven't maxed the tech tree yet), but once I know what I don't actually use/need(re-size dependencies of parts I do use in some cases), that should help with the memory crashes a bit. Though even then, I've learned that memory crashes are just a fact of playing with this large a mod list. So I save a lot and only do three or four scene switches at max, before closing out of the game and reloading the game.

Otherwise, great mod, it's really added to the overall depth of designing a payload that'll survive re-entry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.