[0.23]asmi's ECLSS Mod (current version - 1.0.15) - Life Support Mod

asmi

Believe it or not I tried putting that code in the resource.cfg for ECLSS it didnt make any changes.

Here is the resource.cfg code that I modified

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Oxygen
density = 0.00000143
unitCost = 0.8
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = CO2
density = 0.000001969
unitCost = 0.8
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = O2 Candle
density = 0.03
unitCost = 0.8
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
}

I hope asmi comes back soon, because the modding community is going through hell right now

I hate to say this, but if this broke on 0.24 then 0.24.1 would have broken it worse. The functions used to retrieve resource information from parts changed. I'm surprised nobody here has started talking about logs. Probably because there's no active developer to ask for logs, but you people need to start looking at your output_log.txt or player.log files when this problem happens. (ksp.log will not do at all so dont bother looking there. At best it will tell you there was an error but no detailed information about where)

You're likely looking at a minor re-write and recompiling against 0.24.2 binaries.

I hate to say this, but if this broke on 0.24 then 0.24.1 would have broken it worse. The functions used to retrieve resource information from parts changed. I'm surprised nobody here has started talking about logs. Probably because there's no active developer to ask for logs, but you people need to start looking at your output_log.txt or player.log files when this problem happens. (ksp.log will not do at all so dont bother looking there. At best it will tell you there was an error but no detailed information about where)

You're likely looking at a minor re-write and recompiling against 0.24.2 binaries.

if the game doesnt crash then it doesnt generate logs, so I dont know why you are accusing me for not sending you the logs but yea TBH I think this topic should be locked until the author comes back. this is generating alot of confusion especially to new players.

Edited by zgrillo2004

if the game doesnt crash then it doesnt generate logs, so I dont know why you are accusing me for not sending you the logs but yea TBH I think this topic should be locked until the author comes back. this is generating alot of confusing especially to new players.

WOW, what??????

I'm accusing you? You need to calm down and re-read what I posted. I'm not accusing anyone and I'm not asking for logs, I'm saying to you all that are discussing this that YOU need to look at YOUR OWN LOGS.

When you do that you won't have to speculate about what's going on with the mod.

That's #1

#2: I don't know where that rumor about logs not being generated except for crashes started, but it needs to stop. KSP always generates logs. CONSTANTLY.

It generates two different logs, one more detailed than the other. That's output_log.txt if you're on Windows or player.log if on Mac or Linux.

And finally, #3, EXCUSE ME for stopping in to offer information. I don't know what the hell possessed me. It won't happen again.

WOW, what??????

I'm saying to you all that are discussing this that YOU need to look at YOUR OWN LOGS.

That right there shows that im the idiot and you are the smart one..... like I said it doesnt generate the output log. I dont see it anywhere in the game directory. I appreciate your help though I apologize for being harsh Edited by zgrillo2004

if the game doesnt crash then it doesnt generate logs, so I dont know why you are accusing me for not sending you the logs but yea TBH I think this topic should be locked until the author comes back. this is generating alot of confusing especially to new players.

Go to KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Read the last page. People already mentioned that resource query methods changed, so of course the method (from earlier KSP) that ECLSS calls is going to be missing.

Also, I would suggest apologizing to Starwaster.

Edited by NathanKell

Read the last page. People already mentioned that resource query methods changed, so of course the method (from earlier KSP) that ECLSS calls is going to be missing.
So basically that means that ECLSS is broken because of this

What a shame this mod is not being worked on. Couple with Paul's Universal Storage, these mods were great.

Paul, Tac life is ok, but do not like of those cans. Your solution is rather unique and fun to have on board. Kudo's, mate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm literally waiting on resuming my game until ECLSS gets updated to .24.2 ;.;

Don't. Get TAC or something, ECLSS might never come back at this rate. Version 2.0 was coming, then Asmi got saddled with serious RL problems. Maybe it'll return someday, but I wouldn't count on it.

What a shame this mod is not being worked on. Couple with Paul's Universal Storage, these mods were great.

Paul, Tac life is ok, but do not like of those cans. Your solution is rather unique and fun to have on board. Kudo's, mate!

Thank you, Daishi is the genius behind the modelling, I just do the config and balancing work.

The next release will have new TAC parts so you can get the TAC fun with our parts. We'll also be producing parts for Interstellar Life Support for those wanting a more streamlined life support mod.

Although I hope Asmi is able to come back once his family issues are resolved.

Don't. Get TAC or something, ECLSS might never come back at this rate. Version 2.0 was coming, then Asmi got saddled with serious RL problems. Maybe it'll return someday, but I wouldn't count on it.

Dragon do you know if it is possible to set up the displays in the Bobcat Soyuz etc to use TAC values rather than ECLSS? MM Config perhaps?

Nope, I would've done it if I could. I'm afraid the display will be nonfunctional until Asmi fixes ECLSS. I might try asking Mihara about chances of RPM plugin running the display (then it'd be possible to adopt for other LS mods), but that's for the far future.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done some testing of this mod in 24.2 and had a go at the source code, got it to compile against 24.2 and it works, waiting for approval from Asmi to make a fix release.

Edited by Shasol

Good news everyone, i have been granted permission by asmi to take over the development of this wonderful mod. Expect a fix release in a separate thread within the next couple of hours.

You, sir, are a lifesaver (ha, get it?)! My career mode is saved all because of you! Can't wait for the release!