[0.23]asmi's ECLSS Mod (current version - 1.0.15) - Life Support Mod

asmi

Works like a charm! Lovely! Wonderful!

Thanks so much for your patience, Asmi! áÿðÑÂøñþ ÷ð òÑÂÑŽ òðшу Ñ‚ÑÂöõûую рðñþту!

Tried re adding this and my framerate stuttered into unplayability. :( I don't know why its not working on my system, and I don't know which files to send you, or where to find them.

Log file is in the folder KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Also it would help to know your system specs and mods you use.

This plugin is optimized for multi-core CPUs so the more cores you've got, the faster things will work.

H'mm, that is a new one on me.... I am having an issue with not being able to 'recover' my capsules after a successful or unsuccessful flight, until i have exited the program and come back in. I can then recover IF it is the first thing I do. But I have NO idea of which mod is causing that 'feature'.....

How did you recover him? Using in-flight recover, or the Satellite Map from Mission Control?

I tried to repro this, and wasn't able to. Someone on my techtree thread mentioned this as well. I have so many mods I had assumed it would do it for me as well.

I got the "recovery but kerbal is not removed" when using the satellite map. I once went back to the main screen and tried again with the satellite map, no luck. Then I tried recovery from in-flight and that recovered Jeb for me. This was after an mun-flyby flight with EVA, a splash landing in water, an EVA in water with failure to get back into the capsule, at which point I recovered the vessel first from ingame, and then I wanted to recover Jeb from the satellite map.

(ECLSS 1.0.5, RT2 1.2.7, DeadlyReentry v3)

Edited by Daid

I PMed you with all the details - I hope it's the right file.

What's your processor, memory and videocard? Just out of curiosity.

Someone else was mentioning slowdowns with a 2.2Ghz CPU. I mean, there is a limit to how much hardware can handle, optimizations aside. :)

Windows 64, Intel Core i5-2450M, 2.5Ghz, 6GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT520MX.

I have issues when I have tons of mods and debris but when I'm playing almost pure stock (maybe 100MB of plugins and mods) and everything works flawlessly and then I install ECLSS and FPS drops to 10-15 frames, well, something's wrong :)

Edited by czokletmuss

Windows 64, Intel Core i5-2450M, 2.5Ghz, 6GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GT520MX.

I have issues when I have tons of mods and debris but when I'm playing almost pure stock (maybe 100MB of plugins and mods) and everything works flawlessly and then I install ECLSS and FPS drops to 10-15 frames, well, something's wrong :)

It's not the quantities of parts/mods, it's what they do. And since ECLSS is actively doing something 'all the time' is probably why it's causing such a strong impact to your game. Each time the program cycles, it's going through the ECLSS code as well. Unless a part does something it'll have more of a memory footprint than a performance hit. (Obviously RAM limitations aside)

I'm surprised you are able to run the game decently with a 2.5Ghz processor, I get tiny lag spikes (even without ECLSS) and I have an i7-2600k @4.0Ghz.

Maybe the great Asmi has more optimizations he can pull out of his hat. ;)

It's not the quantities of parts/mods, it's what they do. And since ECLSS is actively doing something 'all the time' is probably why it's causing such a strong impact to your game. Each time the program cycles, it's going through the ECLSS code as well. Unless a part does something it'll have more of a memory footprint than a performance hit. (Obviously RAM limitations aside)

I'm surprised you are able to run the game decently with a 2.5Ghz processor, I get tiny lag spikes (even without ECLSS) and I have an i7-2600k @4.0Ghz.

Maybe the great Asmi has more optimizations he can pull out of his hat. ;)

I run a 2.53 ghz processor and run the game fine with ECLSS (now with the new update), don't just assume!

Hmm I seem to be having problems getting ECLSS working on my install. I've verified the game cache, removed all other non-default mods but I still can't seem to get past the main menu. Here's my log up until the point it freezes

What's your processor, memory and videocard? Just out of curiosity.

Someone else was mentioning slowdowns with a 2.2Ghz CPU. I mean, there is a limit to how much hardware can handle, optimizations aside. :)

That was me, and like I had stated before, I believe it has to do with the fact that ECLSS is running its code on ALL flights, to include unmanned probes, debris, and quite possibly flags. So after a launch in a new save, I'll create 10-20 pieces of debris and all of a sudden see everything slow down. I need to test this theory again, but this is what I'm hypothesizing.