[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

I'm very glad to hear it (your coming back obviously, not your burning out at work, hope the latter wasn't too severe) and very much looking forward to an upgraded version, this tech tree is what taught me to play RSS on the level I currently do (I went all the way to a Saturn orbiter, a manned Venus fly-by and a manned Mars landing in my career mode save).

Alright, so I just burned myself out at work again. Probably going to take another leave soon. So I might as well come back and feel useful here. Give me a week or two to recuperate and i'll kick the engines back on.

Sorry to hear about the burn out, I assume you are in IT in your professional career since you are so proficient here? All I can say is I've been in IT over 35 years and burn out is like one of our annual seasons.

In regards to the current issue with TechTree, ThorBeorn has already thrown in the comment I was coming here to post, pointing you at Tech Manager utility. According to the author it is written to be complimentary to Module Manager. The only downside I see to it is that it expects to use a full tree.cfg file and not manage changes to the tree provided as patch files.

I have tried running the last pull code from GitHub along with 0.25 and all the mods listed in the WIP thread that would still load along with 0.25. When someone is ready to discuss a bug report on those results just tell me where and when to post it?

Mike "Hilsh" (everyone calls me that including my wife) Hilsher

Well good that I read the topic over and over and got my question answered by doing that.

I really hope it will be updated soon to 0.25, I really love to use it without RSS/RO once it is as for now it simply freezes at the loading screen due mods are outdated I guess.

Edited by Sakai

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm just doing a quick post to apologize for abandoning the project and thanks for all those who've supported and the rare few who managed to enjoy it. ;)

Never managed to get ye olde life back on track so I'm still twitching in some ditch somewhere.

Best community I've ever had to privilege to interact with, thanks again and all the best.

Don't work too hard my friend, you live once so you need time to relax. Come back if/when you feel like messing with rockets again.

Cheers Ratzap! I learned tons working on this!

I have to say ironically I gave 1.0 a spin yesterday, and I kind a like what I see. I dust off the cobwebs and fire up RSS/RO and this new realistic progression career mod 'RP-Zero' I think is the name. Stock Kerbal is so darn small, even after all this time away. lol

I thought RP-0 was not yet updated to 0.90?

I would love to see what another techtree mod does with the CTT base for a more realistic progression (since my SETIctt is somewhere between stock-gameplay and realism).

I thought RP-0 was not yet updated to 0.90?

I would love to see what another techtree mod does with the CTT base for a more realistic progression (since my SETIctt is somewhere between stock-gameplay and realism).

It might not be, I think that Nathan mentioned it wasn't up to speed just yet. So you might be correct on that, I'm completely out of the loop at this point. :P

If I can help out with RP-Zero or do an RPL reboot down the line I'd be more than happy to. From what I saw my woes of making tech trees and dealing with short comings of the only tool available at the time, are gone. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.