Welcome our new Team Members!

HarvesteR

Not quite twice as fast. You must allow some time for the programmers to make sense of the other programmer\'s code (the reason I don\'t work with anyone else on a single project) and also the upload time will still be whatever it\'s going to be: twice as many programmers doesn\'t suddenly double your upload speed believe it or not! :P

Time and again, my experience, adding people to a late project makes it later. :)

But seriously now. \'tis wonderful to see people being added to the project, gives me the feeling they want this to succeed and see it as something that will. Since there\'s not any release moment pressing down their necks, adding people to a project usually means that they see it as something that will be a success and either generate a ton of money or that allows them to mark their territory in the game market.

Either way, I\'d take it as a good sign.

False!

Er, no, I can\'t find the quote, but it goes something like this:

An executive at GenericCompany INC. asks head programmer to have his best coder write a program.

The head programmer replies, 'It\'ll take a week.'

The executive asks, 'What if you put your best two coders on the job?'

The head programmer frowns, 'Then it will take four weeks.'

The executive, not understanding the situation, asks, 'Ok, what if you put the whole department on it?'

The head programmer replies, 'Then it will never be done.'

• 3 weeks later...