[Pic Heavy] The Kerbal Space Program Chronicles: Alan's Crew....

BlazeKerba

Kerbal Space Station Alpha

Server: ksp2.zone-51.org

Mission: Orbit Eeloo [scrubbed]

New Mission: Provide a Checkpoint/Refueling Station for ships intending to make long voyages to outer planets, and more.

Crew: (Names keep changing whenever I reconnect and such so I'm sticking with these names I jotted down.)

Mk2 Lander-Can

Captain: Kolonel Alan Kerman

Commander and Communications: Lieutenant Kolonel Jenbur Kerman

PPD-10 Hitchhiker Storage

Science: Kaptain Gus Kerman

Intelligence: First Lieutenant Hans Kerman

Engineer and Technician: Major Rayely Kerman

Security and Technician: Kaptain Barttrey Kerman

PPD-12 Cupola Module

Pilot: First Lieutenant Billy-Bobvan Kerman

Crew Reports

Kolonel Alan Kerman: At first we were thinking, man this is absolutely insane, there is no way in Kerban h-...ahem, no way we would make it to Eeloo, not with THIS huge rocket underneath us. Yeah, Space Command slapped this fat, multi-engine rocket underneath us and said we'll do just fine. They are positive this version will make it into outer space unlike the others that blew up horribly on the launch pad...wait...WHAT OTHERS?! EXPLODED?! GET ME OFF TH-

*Rocket Launches*

*2 Hours Later*

First Lieutenant Billy-Bob: I have no idea what the others were freaking out about. Yeah, I could see them on my monitors, strangely enough. They were all freaking out, and such but hey...I'm the one at the NOSE of the bloody rocket here!! I'm the one piloting us to Eeloo!! I should be the one freaking out, but nooooo. I have to be the brave one, the one who is strong and not a scared-y cat.

Lieutenant Kolonel Jenbur: Well we just ditched out first stage rockets once they ran out of fuel but we made it into high orbit without a problem. Our second-primary stage rocket, the center one that still has fuel, is being used to maneuver out of Kerbin but once that runs out of fuel, our second stage rockets, another set of six, will be fired to help us continue our course out. And um...well we'll see I suppose.

*ten days later*

Kolonel Alan: Mission Control, I am afraid to report that we did not have enough rockets to achieve a maneuver towards Eeloo, and even if we did, we would of ran out of fuel before establishing an orbit around Eeloo, which would of set us probably spinning out of the solar system. At this time, we are currently orbiting the Sun itself. We have also deployed our solar panels and discovered that Eight out of Eighteen Solar Panels are being blocked and unable to produce power from the sun. But the ten that can produce power, are more than enough to keep our power supply for...well indefinitely. And surprisingly, food supply is NOT a problem! We some how developed a taste for interstellar matter....

Major Rayely: *Video Transmission...Rayely facepalms* The Kolonel has no idea what he is saying and thank god he's in the Lander-Can and not in the Hitchiker Storage with us.

YEAH! *Gus, Hans, and Barttrey aka Bart said in unison*

Major Rayely: Anyways, yes I managed to make the food supply more...infinite...by using interstellar matter as fuel source for this...ummm...mkgyvered food replicator system...its not PERFECT but it gets the job done.

Kaptain Gus: We just wish Bart would stop eating the bean burritos, we don't exactly have the perfect oxygen filter/recycling system on board.

*Loud fart is heard.*

BART!! *Shouted practically everyone.*

Kolonel Alan: That's it, I'm going to eject this fool out into space! C'mere you litt-

*30 Days Later*

Lieutenant Kolonel Jenbur: I honestly have no idea what Kerbal Space Command is thinking right now. I mean, seven guys...GUYS...MEN...stuck in a tin can, with only three separate rooms, luckily I get to hijack the Cupola Module every now and then for some alone time, but then they get rather cranky. We try to play some games every now and then but that doesn't seem to work half the time. *sigh* Wonder how my kids are doing....

Kolonel Alan: Jenbur! It's time to establish comms with Command.

Lieutenant Kolonel Jenbur: Oh right! Almost forgot.... Ahem *presses a few buttons, erects all Comm systems.* Let see, power from the Solar Panels are stable, battery packs are charged, comm system is online.... Ah here we are. Space Command, this is Kerbal Space Station Alpha, do you read?

Kerbal Space Command: *Static...* -ead you.

Lt. Kol Jenbur: Say again, Command.

K.S.C.: We read you, Alpha.

Kolonel Alan: Command, are you ever going to send those rockets we need so we can maneuver towards Eeloo and achieve orbit?

K.S.C.: Negative, Alpha. We have decided to scrub that mission and assign you a new long term mission. You are going to be the fueling station for all coming and going space crafts that may need the fuel to reach other planets in our system or return home. We will be sending a fueling pod to you, actually right now. *Back ground: 3...2...1...We have Lift Off!* See, it's being launched as we speak. Every so often we'll send a ship to refuel your fueling tanks so you can continue to be a Fueling Station, and of course transfer a new crew over so you can come home. We don't intend to keep you up there forever.

Crew: *Huge Sigh of Relief*

Kolonel Alan: Ahem. That's great news, Command! Does such pod also carry some solar panels?

K.S.C.: We have established the pod to extend Solar panels when electricity is needed, they are also placed so they won't be blocked by your current Solar Panels, so that you can continue to maintain power. Wouldn't want to overtax your power supply without enough panels to recharge them.

Kolonel Alan: Of course. When will we be seeing it?

K.S.C.: Probably after several days, maybe ten...twenty, give or take.

Kolonel Alan: Copy that, Command. We are sending our current stored data now and ending transmission.

K.S.C.: Good luck Alpha, and whatever you do, don't light a ma- *cuts off.*

Kolonel Alan: Why did you cut it off while they were speaking?

Lt. Kol Jenbur: Oops, sorry.

*20 days later*

K.S.C.: Alpha, do you read?

Lt. Kol Jenbur: We read you Command, we just activated the comms array, whats up?

K.S.C.: Well we ran into a problem. One of our pilots down here was trying to remotely control the fueling pod towards your station so we could dock it and have the ability to run as a fueling station but um...well something went horribly wrong. Some how one of the fuel lines ruptured and took half the tanks with it, now it only has two instead of four fueling tanks. And we lost the main rocket booster that was moving the ship so the only thing left is a bunch of RCS, which is completely insufficient to reach your station, so we may have to make another attempt....

Lt. Kol Jenbur: Okay, I'll inform Kolonel Alan then.

K.S.C.: Where is he right now?

Lt. Kol Jenbur: Sleeping, we think. We'll contact you again shortly! *Cuts the feed.*

*ALTERNATE TIMELINE #1*

A player that was trying to bring the Fuel pod to the station...well the sync system got glitchy and apparently in HIS eyes, his Fuel pod crashed into K.S.S. Alpha, destroying both the station and the pod, and killing everyone on board the station. The Kerbal Space Command is calling this the Alpha Disaster and while they are preparing to launch K.S.S. Bravo to orbit the Mun, they have begun making modifications in hopes to make it more...safe. Like, Escape Pods. Maybe. Budget is rather tight so....Coffins anyone?

*57 Days Currently*

Kolonel Alan: Row...Row...Row your boat...Gently down the Streeeaaam.

1st Lt. Billy-Bob: I think he's lost it man.

Lt Kol Jenbur: They never thought of putting a medical doctor or a Psychiatrist on board. They sure will now....

Major Rayely: Just give him some space, he needs to take care of himself from now on.

Kaptain Gus: Hey, Jenbur! I think you need to get onto the comms man, it looks like that fueling pod is on its way here.

Lt. Kol Jenbur: Right! *Returns to the Lander-Can* Activating Comm systems.... Command, this is Alpha do you read?

K.S.C.: It's about time Alpha, we were beginning to worry. We re-established control with the Fueling Pod and discovered that the RCS is sufficient enough to get it to your station.

Lt. Kol Jenbur: I was about to say, we're seeing right now and I was worried that it was out of control.

K.S.C.: Nah, we would of warned you first.

Lt. Kol Jenbur: ... Right. Anyways, we're seeing it real close now.

K.S.C.: Uhhh...scratch that Alpha. It just ran out of RCS Fuel, there's no chance of it reaching you now. We're going to terminate it and try again. Command out.

Lt. Kol Jenbur: Wait!!

Kaptain Gus: Did they just cut us off?

*End of Logs*

At the moment this is as far as I've gone, still attempting to get a fueling pod to the station. Someone else took control of the current Fueling Pod and tried to get it to the station on RCS but then it ran out of fuel despite how CLOSE it was. So far, it continues to orbit the sun with 6 screaming Kermans and 1 happy Kerman.

So yup. HI guys! :D

Edited by BlazeKerba
Due to unfortunate circumstances, renamed this article to include more than just KSS Alpha...Welcome to my Missions :D

*Due to unfortunate circumstances, I tried to find out why it was lagging so bad when I tried to use the VERY same rocket design to get Station Alpha into space and of course into Sun's Orbit, on a MUNAR ROVER to put on the MUN...I just didn't understand it. I tried many things and nothing would resolve until finally, I just took all KMP folders out of the game (placed them in Multiplayer-Disabled folder) for the time being because it just wasn't working. Even when I didn't use the rocket or the rover, it still lagged bad so I just gave up.

More over, I tried deleting the KMP folder in Game Data and replaced it clean from the Zip File, and it still lagged, despite the fact I could not get my player token back. I grabbed the same player token fire, transferred it over, but...point is I lost control of KSS Alpha in that server so, if anyone wants to in that server, go ahead and shoot it down, its useless now, especially since its stuck in Private instead of Public.

Thus, I am forced to move K.S.S. Alpha into Single Player for the time being and will continue updates, I should rename this topic though, as I will attempting a launch of the same Rocket with the Rover to the Mun....

*Edit: Well...I had to delete everything that was from KMP, otherwise it would lag. Except for the Rover, which surprisingly survived. The Rocket Design must of had some serious issues, I don't know why but it was lagging so bad I just couldn't keep it. And the funny thing is, nothing was changed to the rocket itself. I just detached it from the station added it to the rover and thats it. 2 parts as added though, but thats it. It worked fine on the station but not on the rover and after trying it on the rover, now the station don't want to go up without taking lag with it. *sigh* I have to rebuild from scratch, this will be a moment.

Edited by BlazeKerba

Prologue

Kolonel Alan: I don't believe it, I mean, it was all a dream but it feels like it was so real!! I mean, REALLY REAL! We were all on a space station, and and in orbit of the sun and and-

Jenbur: ALAN! It wasn't a dream. It was a simulation.

Alan: A Simu-Wha?

Jenbur: *Facepalms* SIMULATION!

Alan: A Constipation?

Jenbur: For the love of, SIM-YOU-LAY-SHUN! Simulation. Something that feels real but wasn't real, to get you prepared for the real thing.

Alan: Bah, whatever. And then....

Jebediah: Kolonel Alan!

Alan: *Stood at attention* Sir, yes, sir!

Jebediah: Knock it off. Need you to go collect samples outside...go on...shoo. Consider it a mission.

Alan: But...but...no rocket? Really??

Jeb: Yes, no rocket.

Alan: Then how can it be a mission?!

Jeb: *sighed then Jenbur whispered something* All right, I just thought of a brilliant idea. *Jenbur facepalms* We will stuff you inside a Command Pod, then we will place the pod on the launch pad, then you will exit the pod, pretend you're on another planet, make crew reports, EVA reports, and collect ground samples of any and all kind that you can obtain. Think of it as a simulation.

Alan: YAY!!! A Simulation! WOOOO!!! *Hurries off to the Vehicle Bay.*

Jenbur: How the heck did he get Kolonel?

Jeb: He was the last officer alive in his unit during the Kold War with the Rocks trying to steal all out snacks...that was a long...bloody war.

Jenbur: Yeah....

*End of Log....*

Basic put. I sent Alan on a scavenger hunt outside KSC...and gathered some SCIENCE!

Mission One

Kolonel Alan: Jenbur! Billy-Bob!

Jenbur and Bob: Yes?

Alan: We finally got the next mission! We're going to try to orbit the planet!!

Jenbur and Bob: YESSSS!!

Alan: Suit up boys!

*10 mins later, in the Rocket. Everyone speaking to another over the radio because it has three Command Pods attached to it....*

Bob: Hmmm, I don't know...I'm not sure if this thing will make it. I've done the numbers and-

Alan: Look, I chose you as our pilot, so be out pilot and after we lift off and reach the necessary distance, begin to establish an orbit.

Bob: Aight, Kolonel, you're the Mission Commander.

Alan: Darn right I am...Darn right.

*Few moments later, rocket launches*

Jenbur: Hey I can see my house from here! Command! Command! I can see my house from here!!

K.S.C.: Good for you, Jenbur.

Alan: Are. We. There. Yet?! *Shouts over the radio.*

Bob: Almost. There.

*Moments later*

Bob: Sir, I'm afraid we are not going to be able to establish an orbit. But we are getting some pretty interesting data. I'm collecting as much as I can and sending as much back to Command before we run out of power.

Alan: Screw that, we're all out of snacks!! Get us back home pronto!!

Bob: Roger! Except we have no rockets or fuel, so we'll be back home eventually....

Alan: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! IT. WILL. BE. TOO. LAAAAAATE!!!

Jenbur: Told you to stop eating your backup snacks before we left!!

*End of Log....*

Mission is Complete. All Kermans returned to Kerbin safe and sound. The Parachute was capable of safely landing three Command Pods. At one moment, I seriously thought it wasn't going to completely deploy and allow the bottom pod, Jenbur, to be smashed into the ocean. It also had Landing Legs, which survived but wouldn't of helped much if the Parachute had failed....

Mission Two

Jebediah: Kolonel Alan.

Alan: Yes, sir?

Jebediah: Stop it.... Ahem. Even though your attempt to orbit the planet has failed, we still gathered enough science for the Committee Board to provide us some more funding in our research and we are now more than capable of orbiting the planet. So we will be launching you and your team immediately.

*End of Log*

Sorry, couldn't come up with anything cheesy at the time and I know how to make exceptional AAR logs, I've done them before on some other kind of game that I mentioned in my Intro post that there is a possible chance of it being shut down but anyways....How about I just show you.

Mission Three

Munar Mission

Command Pod One

Kolonel Alan - Commanding Officer

Alan reporting. I have been informed that this next mission may result in not me returning to Kerbin, at all. But they were being pushed by the Committee Board to get to the Mun as soon as possible, no matter what the cost! So the Engineers and Technicians worked around the clock to build a rocket capable of sending me to the Mun. It is pretty much the same rocket design we have been using for the past missions with the three Command Pods and such, but more modified to be able to complete the task that I am about to make.

After seeing the Rocket, I was actually beginning to believe that there may be a possible chance that I would be able to return home after all. But to make sure that no other brave and capable Kerbonaut has to endure my prolong adventure on the Mun, or steal my huge supply of snacks that I had stuffed into both Command Pod Two and Three, I requested to do this by myself. Apparently even before I made that request, both Jenbur and Billy-Bob took a vacation...so I was going by myself no matter what. Very suspicious....

Well when it was time to launch, I got on board into Command Pod One and began my systems check. Well to cut it short, I used my primary booster, one that had the most fuel out of them all, to try and get me maneuvered to the Mun. At first I noticed that I was falling back to Kerbin and thought, oh man, I'm going to have to abort!! But then I noticed that the fuel in my main booster was about empty, and well. You see, I seriously thought I would make it back because the Techs strapped four rockets onto Command Pod Two, to use to safely touch down onto the Mun and I figured it would have more than enough fuel to get me back to Kerbin. Well apparently the Egg-Heads at Command were right and I was wrong. I had no choice ditch the main booster, and fire my Munar Rockets, which eventually pulled me out of Kerbin's orbit and put me right on course towards the Mun, in which case I throttled all the way back to cut the engines off so I can save the much needed fuel, and to my surprise, I had quite a lot.

Then I reached, THE MUN!!! WOOOO!! I have never been SO HAPPY IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! But yes, I reached the Mun, I began to use my Munar Rockets to immediately slow me down so I would be heading straight to the Mun. And as I began to get real close to the Mun, I adjusted my ship and fired the Munar Rockets just enough to slow me down. With several more burns here and there, and the extended landing gear on Command Pod Three, I managed to land safely onto the Mun! And then that is when I checked my fuel gauge. My Munar Rockets only have a total of 54.04 Liquid Fuel left out of the four fuel tanks for the four engines. Even if I made it off the Munar's surface, which I am pretty sure I would come crashing back down if I attempted to do so, the Mun does have a bit of gravity, small, but enough to grab my ship and slam it into the surface if I were to attempt to leave. With that being said, I collected all the data I could and I am attaching this Report to the data stream. I only hope that I have enough power to transmit it all.

I just hope that no one has forgotten about me. Well, I am SO GLAD that I packed a lot of SNA-

*End of Report. Transmission was lost, due to lack of power from Munar Lander One's end.*

Plans to save Alan: Under discussion.

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!

Edit: Even though Alan is stuck on the Mun, he is VERY VERY HAPPY ABOUT IT!! Stupid Kerman lol.

Edited by BlazeKerba
One last thing

1208EB0384911D2DA8E276DDD2171362600A81EA

From Kerbal Space Command:

We have found a photo that Kolonel Alan was able to send to use with his transmission. Luckily he sent it ahead of his Report, otherwise we wouldn't be able to see it. It looks like he's doing good. He's got a real big smile on his face (was a fat smile, took it a little take) along with our Kerbal Space Program Flag! As well as the craft he used to get to the Mun safely. It is too bad that he is out of fuel. Poor man. (Could use the Cheat Debug Menu of infinite fuel but...naaaaah. Wouldn't be fun!!)

After a long discussion, we decided we will do everything we can to make Alan's life on the Mun as enjoyable as possible. We already sent up another rocket, dubbed Mission Four.

4C52303B0BD626FBFCE31AEED0AC265DCDE4EBA6

Sorry, Lieutenant Kolonel Jenbur and First Lieutenant Billy-Bob failed to take pictures while on mission. But they did gather a lot of data, for SCIENCE! Which also gave us, can you guess? . . . MORE FUNDING! But before we can go do some more R&D'ing, we decided to relaunch Mission Four (Really got to name these rockets better...) as Mission Four Point One... no... Mission to Minmus! That's right! Our Kerbanauts are going to MINMUS! But they won't be landing because we can't risk that, we just want to gather some Reports and data from the crew while orbiting and EVA'ing and such. More data, more SCIENCE! More SCIENCE, more FUNDING! More funding, more RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT! Now that's what I call a days work gentlemen!!

Oh...and for some reason we decided to send Lt. Kolonel Jenbur alone to Minmus. Have fun Jenbur! Don't get stranded or you don't get paid!

*Moments later....*

It has been quite some time but we are now receiving data from Jenbur, and as well as images from time to time.

195D13D1EEECC50E115F877385A8D22FA1B1D160

Here is the Mission to Minmus in orbit of Kerbin with the One, Two and Three stage rockets gone. It has its main booster, the center with the most fuel and the three rockets needed to get to Minmus and home.

371542AD7CC3345C902D5AECCA5A2AD11240F8FC

Here is Jenbur now approaching Minmus, he's state that it was quite a pain to reach Minmus, that he had to constantly find the correct time to make the right maneuvers in order for him to make it here. Well good work Jenbur! And thank you for all the data you sent us! Oh forgot to mention it also has the Science Lab Jr on board, or whatever the Egg-Heads here called it, hehe. So we received more data than we expected but we did forget to attache the Mystery Goo on board so we have no idea what reaction it has to seeing Minmus, but since we haven't even planned on landing on Minmus, well...it don't matter.

But now you can see that the main booster is long gone, obviously ran out of fuel and Jenbur has stated he had to be real careful with how he used up his fuel so he had to conduct maneuvers that only required few seconds of burst. Good work is all I can say there, Jenbur! Billy-Bob here is feeling rather disappointed that he didn't get to tag along....

284539A8E77F14331B05B7DBCD233F78CE2C2D02

Here is Jenbur now approaching Kerbin! Well now, it sure has been a long flight Jenbur! Can't wait to bring you home my boy.

5517EC5C24DB974BAAD4187175660C0DAF3AE0D0

Jenbur reported that even though his last three rockets had plenty of fuel, like half a tank in each tank, he decided that they were no longer needed and jettisoned them. Our later reports indicated that those rockets landed in the ocean...I hope those tanks don't spring a leak, really don't need that kind of publicity on our hands....

2318AA999A862404497FA5BC43DB2CC0857BB99A

And Jenbur has returned!! For some reason he decided to cut two of the three parachutes, which I think was a bad idea and you can see why. He cut them about 300-350m above the ocean and apparently the impact not only sent the Science Jr down into the depths of the ocean, but also clip those landing legs clean off. Billy-Bob is feeling better now, he is glad he didn't tag along, as he is afraid his weight would of made the impact worse and end up losing the Command Pod 2 with him in it. Watching him imagine himself sinking deep into the depths of the ocean is priceless.... Welp, time to recover the pods! For SCIENCE!

After many many many many attempts to land a Communication Pod, with Solar Panels and a Staypunik attached to it, as close to Munar Lander One, this is as close as I could get without crashing and burning like mad. I do not have the Landing Guidance System from Mech attached yet...sadly...it would of helped A TON probably. But yeah...no rover or buggy yet. Boy or boy I hope that when I do launch a Rover and Buggy, that I can get it a lot closer than this...or send a Kerman with the Rover and drive it to Alan....tsk tsk.

Here is the dark side of the mun.

34F76B7FC8A695B6DF26412890D72B6F023478EE

I watched a video while ago to make a Rover/Buggy, some of you may have seen me talking about it when I did it in a KMP server.... Anyways, the dude said he landed the last rover on the Dark Side of the Moon and had no power and BELIEVED that side of the moon remains dark for ALL ETERNITY. Not really. Just Time Warp and walla. Someone should slap him upside the head for being a dummy lol.

And now the Light Side :D the sun HASTH ARRIVEDATH!! And so my solar panels do their job even tho Alan Kerman is REALLY far away and would take quite a bit for him to mun walk/mun run to it. Could I RCS to it? I could couldn't I? But Imma save that RCS fuel for when the Rover arrives.

A2F34DDEE736F1A9354F21C69717641A71EDB913

Okay okay, for reasons unknown to me, I tried to get the Communication Lander CLOSER to the Munar Lander One and THIS TIME I DID IT! I mean LOOK at this!

58FB2A91BBD6CBBCF71D7A3D040C39E83F654E89

From 980ms away to a killer 57.5ms away!! Woot woot, excellent piloting from Mission Control I do say so myself.

CE7168313F5CA8EAED97915E5967FE22E86FB8A8

Here is Alan standing in front of the Communication Pod with the Com Pod's lights on, why I do not know because it ain't the dark side yet and the Pod doesn't necessarily have a LOT of power for overnight lighting. I mean, 680EC man. Not entirely a lot.

Munar Mission Control

Communication Pod One

Kolonel Alan - Commanding Officer

Mission Control, this is Kolonel Alan reporting. Thank you very much for sending the Communication Pod to the Munar Landing site! I was watching from the Munar Lander with complete awe when I saw the Communication Pod land just a smudge under 60m away from me and boy was I happy! I eagerly jumped out of my Munar Lander and wobbled my way over to the Communication Pod. Though I swear I thought it was going to lad like 2km away from me, if it did, BOY would that be a trip! Sure would help me work off all those snacks! *Pats his belly.* Which reminds me, thanks for the more snacks!!

I don't know why you sent another Science Jr with the Communication Pod, I suppose it helped with supporting the Landing Legs and these three rocket engines you got attached to it but oh well. I decided to open it up and you wouldn't believe what I just found! MUNAR DUST ON ALL OF THE SAMPLES!!! I will be sending the data to you right away with this message! Along with some more reports from me. All I can say is, thank you very much and I can't wait for some more updates in the future.

Kolonel Alan, Munar Control out!

From Mission Control:

Our next step is to launch a ISA Mapping satellite to map the Moon. But first, we need to use that data we received to research some more important equipment to unlock the ISA Mapping tools. More updates to come, Mission Control out.

This is from Mission Control, and we've finally been called the Kerbal Space Corp!

ksclogo_by_blazeblack-d6v09uo.png

Tada, we even have our own banner.

Now, where were we.... Oh Right!

Well we been doing a lot of work and can finally build out first Rover for Alan on the Mun! Here is the Rover Mark I that we created!

96E4EBF100AD9F2AE1362AA04C558E1190112133

That is Lieutenant Kolonel Jenbur standing in front of the Mark I. We had to make multiple modifications to the front ladder there because every single time, Jenbur would, for unknown reasons, fall right off once he reached the top, never making it back to the Lander Cab we placed there. So we added some more ladder bars and finally, Jenbur was able to make it back to the Cab with ease.

C4F4663E38DA3A2EBB51F965377418F7E0B98446

You are probably wondering, why the landing legs? We like to consider them parking legs or kick stands in a way, but why need them when we got brakes? No idea, we were just throwing in ideas for the time being.

B4D43791DC5D3696D57B50974DEEC7128815AEF8

Now you are probably wondering, why the Fuel and Rockets? Well, we had no idea what the speed would be for this thing, and we wanted to see what would happen too. So we had Jenbur drive the Rover all the way to the Airstrip there, reaching up to 21 m/s! Not bad for a rover. Yes it has TONS of battery power, so it should not die on Alan while he is exploring the dark side of the moon, BUT if the batteries were to die in some odd way, he can extend the solar panels and wait for the sun to arrive.

Once Jenbr got to one end of the Airstrip, he straightened himself out, put the pedal to the metal, reached to 20 m/s before firing the eight rockets (small, so very little power behind them) and generated to 52 m/s! And for some unknown reason, we never set up a switch to turn the engines off...so he crashed into the ocean... BUT HE IS OKAY! *coughs*

16BB752AF437D57279B694C335C57839A4E99EF1

When we took out the landing legs, the rockets, the fuel, and rearranged the solar boxes when we realized they opened up the panels in a odd way but now fixed that...we began to realize how heavy the front was and worked around the clock to balance the weight out. It was important because, holy crap it would throw the rocket off real bad. Well that is what we came up with! So yeah, some day, Alan will have a buddy! But we intend on sending the Rover to the Mun on its own, so Alan will continue to be alone sadly.... Oh and we added a Docking port! So once we start sending up structures so Alan can set up a Mun Base, hey we still having devised a plan to save him and we may never will *coughs* BUT doesn't mean we can't get a Mun base established while he is there!!! So he can use the Rover to get it all set up!!!! AREN'T I A GENIUS?! *Says Jebediah btw, as Jebediah was placed the Director of the KSC...in case no one knew....*

73D62C6B7972EA6846D18A6A322E38C84A25EF3C

Lieutenant Kolonel Jenbur and First Lieutenant Billy-Bob testing the docking system with two of our Mark I.I Rovers.

F2218DF515013412EAAF4EF71C61AFBFBB9BB0EF

Well I must strain that, with our current technology, we been struggling to get the Rover up into space and set it off towards the Mun for quite some time that we decided that enough was enough. That one fuel tank you see there on the other side of that larger tank, is to help counter balance the weight because we could not get the Rockets attached underneath the Rover, since we still have a lot of researching to do....and well, we just gave up and attached some structures and a docking port underneath as you may be able to see there. We intend to send this rocket up and Orbit Kerbin, then we will launch a similar Rocket, capable of attaching itself to the Rover and then launch it towards the Mun. Of course, we COULD use the Rockets attached to the Rover to get it to the Mun, but we are afraid that we may not have enough fuel to safely land the Rover...in which case, we are not going to risk it.

501D189214DE37512F8ECF04D4D0253CB4A45E96

And finally here is the Rocket that has been launched and is taking the Rover to Orbit Kerbin.

Edit: As soon as I returned to the game, the darn rocket was spinning out of control inside the atmosphere, and i was like 'WHAT WHAT WHAT?!' *facepalms* I may have to HyperEdit this Rocket into the Orbit of Kerbin and just set it off towards the Mun. As much as I do not want to, this is becoming a paaaain. I might try something else though....

Edited by BlazeKerba
Sorry, forgot, I turn the UI off :P So no overheat indicators....

Partial Update

Well, nothing has been working. it just kept getting worse and worse and worse and I was ready to just HyeprEdit the darn thing up there until I realized that I as going at this, THE WRONG WAY! I mean really, talk about Uber Facepalm through the skull. I mean, if you've guys seen the screenshots, it should of clicked already, if not, then don't feel bad, because THIS is what I should of done. Oh and I kept forgetting to boot Jenbur out of the Lander Cab, it's like, DUDE, you are NOT going to the MUN! I know you miss your buddy Alan but you are STAYING here pal!

BBF7972470F8DCB0828DEC4FB09F6E4C54FDCFE1

I hope this works....

Update!

We were successful in getting the Rover, TO THE MOON! Though we been noticing that the rover keeps leaning either to the left or right. Its not a perfect Rover that's for sure, we may end up sending a better version to him later but for now that's the best he's going to get, and not only that, since it landed over a km away from Alan's location, we were able to Remotely control the Rover to him. We even had to deploy the Solar Panels due to that the Rover lost over half its battery power. Can you believe it? All that battery power of 6750, and its down to less than half, sheesh.

Well I had to lose a couple of the larger tanks in order for it to get off the ground, but otherwise here it is.

DF4F8501B2D9760EAE0CB7EBAF846C5623108543

I'm getting really annoyed over the fact of how much this game lags after this Rover started getting closer to the two landers. I mean, my laptop was handling it fine long ago, it has a quad core and i think 4-8 gig ram, so I don't know what the heck is going on, and the video card is definitely up to date. But I just don't understand much of it anymore. I just hope that future updates would help lessen the lag a bit, if not all of it. Which is why the graphics are nearly all the way to the Lowest it can be but it still lags, looks like I'll have to increase that Master thing down to 0.03 FPS...yeesh.

F0119FEECBC61F31CEBFCA70B26AE5B943A69AFD

Yeah I got it on Auto-Pilot to the Munar Landing Site, and I even increased its speed to 22m/s with that thing, which is nice, and the heading lock helped keep the rover from drifting to the left or to the right too. Um, yeah this time I could not get it to land any closer to the Munar Landing site due to the lag. The lag would totally mess up my slow decent and I would crash and burn, one time even took one or both Landers with me and it was just horrible. Oh and yeah, Solar Panels are out recharging the batteries for me.

07A1F05073F88FAB5F3C07E35A55FAA552565029

And here we are. Rover Mk I.I has arrived at its destination and is awaiting Alan to climb on in and take her for a spin. But for now, um...I accidentally loaded a older Quicksave which threw me off. I still had all my saved rockets an such, and I loaded this older quicksave before the Rover landed, so thank god for that. But it meant the loss of my ISA Mapping satellite, which sadly, after upgrading the satellite, I will hyper edit it into orbit of the Mun. I know, I know not very Kerbanian but I'm sorry, it was a struggle to get that bugger up there and I just want it there after I had already gotten it there before and I really want that map, really really do so I can have Alan start exploring without exploring blind!

Indeed. I even had the Inline SAS installed or whatever it is, and its TORQUE was TOTALLY too much for the Rover to handle, it kept trying to pop wheelies without end. But when I disabled the Torque from the ISAS, it practically drove without a problem! It was good for helping out in balancing the weight but jeez lol. I guess it'll be time to launch some modules so Alan can start building a Munar Base for the all new Munar Command :D. Should make a flag for this....

Greetings Kerbanians! This is the Kerbal Space Corp bringing you some important news!

We are getting closer to establishing a Kerbal Munar Command on the MUN! And guess what, we have finally built, the MUNAR MODULE! This module is capable of being used as a Command Module for the Kerbal Munar Command, as well as have Living Quarters and Gym in one Storage Unit, and a Kitchen and Dining Room in the second Storage Unit! This means that not only Alan, but two other Kerbals will be able to live on the Mun, INDEFINITELY! But at the time, Kolonel Alan is the only Kerbal on the Mun.

I know I know, we were intending to save Alan when we launched him in the 'Mun or Bust' program, but lately we have been leaning more and more torwards a Munar Command Base on the Mun. And each time we send a Kerbonaut to other planets, we will be slowly working on establishing a base on those planets! Which means, extensive work and docking, refueling, maneuvering and more!! So yes, after the Kerbal Mun Command is established, there will be a Kerbal MINMUS Command! Won't that be exciting?! Not to mention, Lieutenant Kolonel Jenbur, who he and First Lieutenant Billy-Bob first orbited Minmus, has been our selected candidate to be the Mission Commander of establishing the Minmus base! Of course we will send probes first to analyse every bit of data, find out what Minmus has, what to expect, and more! We totally have to beat the Brits on this one...so lets get to it!

007A1357803D54F4E6BA8B3AB77642D6417DEFF8

That's it right there, the Munar Command Module just behind the Rover Mk I.I . Though we did had to make some slight modifications to the Rover Mk I.I, we found that the unmodified was too low to dock with the Command Module in order to tow it. Truth be told, the Command Module is capable of driving itself, thanks to the Lander Cab, but that didn't quite stop up! NOPE! So we just lowered the wheels down as much as they could go as well as lower the axles as far as they could go and then walla, the Rover Mk I.I gained a bit of height and was now capable of using its Rear Hatch to dock with the Command Module!

As you can see there, Lt. Kol Jenbur and 1st Lt Bob were going to set up a temporary test command base at a specific spot on the Continent when ummm...this happened.

CB35312DD60D1BEC807BECA88FA46393F4056200

The Rover missed an invisible rock, but NOT the Command Module!! (Low res = INVISIBLE ROCKS D:> ) And when the Command Module hit the invisible rock, well it took out one of the wheels, then the end of it began to drag, and Bob began hearing explosions behind him. He was tempted to bail out of the Command Module when Jenbur came to a complete halt after he too heard explosions. Bob happened to be in the front Storage Unit and not the Rear one, lucky him. And so when Bob and Jenbur checked on the damage, they knew they had to return to Kerbal Space Corp to get the Command Module repaired for it's delivery to Alan.

In fact, we will also be delivering the modified Rover Mk I.I as Kolonel Alan has the unmodified one, which will not help him. No worries! I'm sure we can do it....

F0077044CEC201602FEE552CB1CA4B03BB6D7754

After extensive trials, we FINALLY got both the Command Module and the new Rover Mk I.I to the MUN! Oh and if you're wondering what that is attached to the rear of the Command Module, that is Kolonel Alan's requested, brand new, Experimental Rover Mk II.IIa!! Um...yes we had multiple versions, sorry we did not tell you ahead of time but we felt it wasn't necessary. But this Experimental Rover is very useful! And the reason for the 'a' behind the '.II' is because it has a special attachment that is allowing it to be docked to the rear of the Command Module. Sorry, but the Experimental Rover was too short and Alan didn't want any changes made to its height. So, we came up with a way for it to dock with the Command Module, and even a way to decouple the attachment, problem is, once it is decoupled, that is the end of it. We did not think of a long term on this, but we figured Alan won't forget to apply the PARKING BREAKS! He better not, we are seriously not bringing him a new one, or remotely controlling it back to him...No. Just. No.

In case you were all wondering how far away did these land from Kolonel Alan? Well as much as we tried, we...experienced some serious technical difficulties and this is the best we could get without intense catastrophic failure.... Oh and to certain we made this clear, these were sent alone, remote guided. We will send two Kerbals to the Moon to be assigned under Kolonel Alan's command at the Kerbal Munar Command.

5F30C3C46701533401E17E94B93AF72A0809B337

So with the Command Module and Experimental Rover in tow, the Rover Mk I.I headed straight for Kolonel Alan's location. After extensive waiting time, we did hear that Kolonel Alan has received the two Rovers and the Module and began heading for a location that he believes to be suitable for a Kerbal Munar Command. When will we find out, will be in time.... For now we are deciding to build a Orbital Space Station around Kerbin! We are about ready to launch the first station already! Can't wait.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.