[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

Well when you first install ATM, first loading should be long. The following ones should be faster.

Yeah should be, but the next one also take a long time not as the first one but still longer without ATM

Getting much closer this time, GS, the ALCOR pod is the only one I have that seems to have issues now, and even then, it's only with the RPM screens. All other pods that use RPM seem to have no issues. I think ALCOR has some serious custom RPM stuff that needs some config tweaking for.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The screens work mostly, but most have a white background, and the cameras don't work at all. Ironically, the screen with the keyboard below it seems to be less affected and has black backgrounds most of the time, but I have it trying to display a camera view in the screenshot, and it comes out as a grey background.

Any ideas as to what needs tweaking to get these issues resolved? Should I go get a clean log for you (somehow I forgot this step when starting testing...)? Note that anytime I change out ATM configs, I clear the texture cache first, so that should not be an issue.

Can anyone please help!!!!

Every time i try this mod it stops KSP loading! Any ideas anyone??

Could realy do with this mod as i only have 4GB of ram and this game kills it :huh:

KSP WILL LOOK LIKE IT FROZE (WHITE SCREEN) SIMPLY WAIT, AND IT WILL EVENTUALLY LOAD.

As stated in the OP by rbray

I've tried all ways to solve the RPM / ATM problem. If I find a way I will make a config. But for now a blacklist config is the way to go and will be included in future packs.

Thanks go to Einarr for help in solving this issue.

So to fix the ATM / ASET RPM issue use this config - Download here: ASET Blacklist Config

Am I reading the thread correctly that there is a problem with this mod interacting with Interstellar? Because if that's the case, perhaps that explains why my game freezes on loading WarpPlugin only when I have this mod also installed.

I edited my configuration files to stop an exception occurring yes. See this post here:

post1116712

Forgive me, but I must not be understanding what to do with that file you linked. I tried merging it with the existing BoulderCo folder in GameData and replacing the contents, I tried taking just the WarpPlugin piece and switching it out, I tried deleting the WarpPlugin cfg from the file, none of it seems to make any difference. If I include just that folder and not the ActiveTextureManagement one, the game crashes when it finishes loading (I presume from an Out of Memory error).

I hate to impinge upon the thread again, but would anyone mind explaining to me how I'm supposed to use this? I'm not especially familiar with modding.

Make sure Active Texture Manager is installed as you had it before and as it says in its installation instructions.

Find the ActiveTextureMangementConfigs file in KSP Game Data the address will look something like this:

KSP_win\GameData\BoulderCo\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs

Remove this file to desktop for safe keeping in case it does not fix your problem you can change back easily.

Open the Download and find the same folder in the Regular settings the address will look something like:

Green_Skull_ATM_configs_v1.0\Regular settings\GameData\BoulderCo\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs

Copy the file from the download and paste into the Boulder Co folder in KSP Game Data. Again the address is something like:

KSP_win\GameData\BoulderCo\ActiveTextureManagerConfigs

If this doesn't fix your problem then you need to send me a log file from KSP when the problem occurs...

The fix I made was for a Null Reference Exception caused by ATM making map markers unreadable. This was not causing the game to not load.

Edited by Green Skull

TextureReplacer and ATM conflict for me if I use a config for ATM. It causes nasty shadows and black patches on kerbals. I've tried all combinations with no luck.

screenshot12_zps6718248b.png

Edited by Green Skull

TextureReplacer and ATM conflict for me. It causes nasty shadows and black patches on kerbals. I've tried all combinations with no luck.

Were you only having problems with the Kerbal textures? I've been using it for planet and skybox textures with no ill effects.

With kerbals only yes. What works for one system does not always work for another. I run NVIDIA GFX and have no problem with the ASET pod for instance but I get patches on the suits with a TR config. On a MAC or AMD GFX the problems may be different.

this mod is awesome for me ... any chance or plans to add AeroJetKerbalDyne to the list? The mod is a beast!! 160.36 Megs outta the box. Looks great but it's images are 1024*1024 .. I'd love to use it but I can't afford the space!! orrrr Is there a way to add it in ourselves?

nm i just read the config file. this mod is awesome

Edited by positivewun
q answered

With kerbals only yes. What works for one system does not always work for another. I run NVIDIA GFX and have no problem with the ASET pod for instance but I get patches on the suits with a TR config. On a MAC or AMD GFX the problems may be different.

Try explicitly disabling compression and mip mapping in TextureReplacer. A bug was preventing TR from recognizing ATM.

Thanks for making this! I play on Linux using the 64-bit client and this is great because, despite what you'd think, the 64-bit client still won't go over 3.5 GB of RAM. Once it hits that point it just closes with no errors and a clean log. No idea why.

Anyway, great job!