[0.23.5] Realism Overhaul: ROv5.2 + Modlist for RSS 6/30/14

NathanKell

Sorry for a stupid question. Was there an attempt to join realism mods into one (join forces working on it)? LOL. Too many mods to update/install always in fear of screwing something up.

Additional parts can be separate mods but core functionality can be joined (reconfiguration of parts/solar system/research tree recalibration).

:)

Edited by USAGuerrilla

frisch: the information you seek is scattered across the Addon subfora, mostly the Dev one. More help is always awesome! What sort of component are you envisioning?

USAGuerrilla: Not really; KSP is modular enough that it'd be a shame to ruin that. For example, a number of people play RSS without Realism Overhaul (or even Real Fuels and FAR!), and some people play Real Fuels without RSS, and some people play RPL with otherwise stock KSP (!).

Further, the way modding works, what would be the point of joining cfg patches with a TreeLoader-based tech tree with various dlls that change other things? It's not like they all go in one massive .MOD file...

Hi! I have a problem. I installed KW, NP, AIES, FASA, etc and installed the engine configs and this RO and so on and so forth. When I start the game, it loads to the AIES_Aerospace/Engine/AIESconstelacion/part/liquid/Engineconstelacion on the loading bar then stops dead. Any clue on why this happens?

Can't help without log.

Upload your output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Can't help without log.

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log

Here you go!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26857895/output_log.txt

mmmm...looking at it...

You've got two ModuleManager***.dll, get rid of the 1.5.7.

I'd grab the latest ModuleRCSFX too...HERE.

Did that, uninstalled AIES too, now it hangs on a FASA part. Still doesn't load. :C Click the dropbox link in my last post, I put the most recent output_log in there.

Did that, uninstalled AIES too, now it hangs on a FASA part. Still doesn't load. :C Click the dropbox link in my last post, I put the most recent output_log in there.

Well...tell you what...Start fresh. Get a copy of KSP, then install the latest RSS, RO, RF, StretchySRB, DRE, FAR, RealChutes, EngineIgnitor, ModuleRCSFX, AJE, dtobi's KM_Gimbal, TAC LifeSupport, and HoneyFox's ETC. Now delete everything in the RedAV8R folder of RO, and download all the latest revisions of the packs available on my thread. Install FASA, and then make sure you grab EITHER SFJackBauer RealEngine OR RftS engine pack. Try that first. Then add on AIES, KW, and NP.

Well...tell you what...Start fresh. Get a copy of KSP, then install the latest RSS, RO, RF, StretchySRB, DRE, FAR, RealChutes, EngineIgnitor, ModuleRCSFX, AJE, dtobi's KM_Gimbal, TAC LifeSupport, and HoneyFox's ETC. Now delete everything in the RedAV8R folder of RO, and download all the latest revisions of the packs available on my thread. Install FASA, and then make sure you grab EITHER SFJackBauer RealEngine OR RftS engine pack. Try that first. Then add on AIES, KW, and NP.

That's what I did, though - I made a fresh, second install, installed RSS, DRE, FAR, Chutes, Stretchy/Procedural parts, ModuleRCSFX, Gimbal, AIES, KW, NP, SFJB, and RO. I skipped the life Support and EngineIgnitor stuff because I don't like having to deal with those, and I deleted the ETC cfg like that one post said to.

Did you delete everything in the RedAV8R folder of RO and get the new files on my page HERE?

Well, while you SHOULDN'T have problems without TAC LS and EngineIgnitor they ARE on the dependency list, if you don't use them you are on your own. I don't see RF, or AJE on that list you have either.

Did you delete everything in the RedAV8R folder of RO and get the new files on my page HERE?

Well, while you SHOULDN'T have problems without TAC LS and EngineIgnitor they ARE on the dependency list, if you don't use them you are on your own. I don't see RF, or AJE on that list you have either.

Whoops, I forgot the RF. That might be the sticking point, I'll try doing those and seeing if they work.

I'll check the addon / dev forums. I was thinking of starting with something straightforward like an engine - maybe a nuclear lightbulb - I have some old NASA documents so can do fairly realistic parameters. Solar sails would be fun, but they are so large that I'm not sure there is a way to make them work in the system.

Then I'll think a bit. Realistically I don't have a lot of time to work on this - I do have a day job.

frisch: the information you seek is scattered across the Addon subfora, mostly the Dev one. More help is always awesome! What sort of component are you envisioning?

USAGuerrilla: Not really; KSP is modular enough that it'd be a shame to ruin that. For example, a number of people play RSS without Realism Overhaul (or even Real Fuels and FAR!), and some people play Real Fuels without RSS, and some people play RPL with otherwise stock KSP (!).

Further, the way modding works, what would be the point of joining cfg patches with a TreeLoader-based tech tree with various dlls that change other things? It's not like they all go in one massive .MOD file...

So I've got a fairly frustrating issue that keeps cropping up. I can't tell if the problem resides with Real Fuels, Engine Igniter, or with the parts themselves, so I figured I'd put it here. Anyway, here's what's happening:

Certain engines that require pressurized fuel tanks will *sometimes* claim that they are not connected to pressurized tanks, and thus show that they have no fuel, even if they are clearly attached to a pressurized service module full of the correct fuel types. Reverting to the editor and removing / adding the engine again will often correct the issue, but not always, and this issue doesn't always crop up on the first activation of the engine, so reverting isn't always an option as the mission may have been going on for some time.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you been able to correct it? I have considered removing engine igniter, but I'm not convinced that this is the source of the issue as it still only happens with certain pressure fed engines and not others, leading me to believe that there may be a combination of factors leading to this issue rather than a single culprit....

We need the actual log, not the crash folder.

SpacedInvader: I would suggest asking on the EngineIgnitor thread as well. I haven't seen that, but I don't actually play much at all...

We need the actual log, not the crash folder.

SpacedInvader: I would suggest asking on the EngineIgnitor thread as well. I haven't seen that, but I don't actually play much at all...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26857895/output_log.txt Here you go.

You appear to have your GameData inside KSPModAdmin? Or at least that's somehow where RSS is looking for the heightmap.

"G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSPModAdmin\GameData\RealSolarSystem\Plugins\PluginData\EarthHeight.png"

And it obviously isn't finding it there, which is the cause of your problem.

Does KSPModAdmin do weird things to paths now?

You appear to have your GameData inside KSPModAdmin? Or at least that's somehow where RSS is looking for the heightmap.

"G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSPModAdmin\GameData\RealSolarSystem\Plugins\PluginData\EarthHeight.png"

And it obviously isn't finding it there, which is the cause of your problem.

Does KSPModAdmin do weird things to paths now?

Huh. That's strange. Maybe because I launched it with modadmin it did that? I certainly didn't move the folders around. Lemme try launching it normally.

Out of memory crash. Remove some part mods and/or set use more aggressive reduction in ATM.

(You can tell because, in the log, right above all the listings of DLLs and the Crash!! at the end, it says "could not allocate memory")

Nathan: are you planning to incorporate those new 'NASA' parts to your RftS configs? It kinda looks funny when i got KR-2L sitting there, but it is still stock configuration, as are most likely others as well? NovaPunch (i think) has some engines still in stock fuels too. And when i looked on FASA Saturn stuff, engines have 1000KN of thrust....right...not :D But then, i do understand that you get busy with all these mods and real life (probably)... :)

While I have to fix it up for the latest TVPP before official release, on the last page or two of the RftS thread is a prerelease of v3 that does support the NASA parts.

And thanks for understanding. Yeah, things are kinda hectic. :D

HPvaq6F.png

haxing for science

QOyplfU.jpg

wat

t0F3hGX.jpg

Florida's strange pit of doom and rockets

z9fI5jf.png

Gone when scaled space shows the atmosphere texture

eaSky5E.jpg

Inside the atmosphere, scaled space shows that an ice age has just froze the world except KSP.

Ok I am having a few problems with my recent install of RO. I am running RSS 6.x with the real sized Earth system and the planet factory planets. Other than some minor issues with Pwings, where my control surfaces don't adjust completely, press G and I can change the length, T and I can change one sides width, but when I hit R it does NOTHING, but I will figure that out.

The problem I am having is with RT2 in RO, for some reason it is not seeing RT2. It is giving me no faults in the output log that I can find, but it is showing purple boxes in place of the RT2 icons. And none of the antenna are showing in the parts catalog. It also has given me two sets of B9 parts yet online 1 B9 is installed.

Ok I am having a few problems with my recent install of RO. I am running RSS 6.x with the real sized Earth system and the planet factory planets. Other than some minor issues with Pwings, where my control surfaces don't adjust completely, press G and I can change the length, T and I can change one sides width, but when I hit R it does NOTHING, but I will figure that out.

The problem I am having is with RT2 in RO, for some reason it is not seeing RT2. It is giving me no faults in the output log that I can find, but it is showing purple boxes in place of the RT2 icons. And none of the antenna are showing in the parts catalog. It also has given me two sets of B9 parts yet online 1 B9 is installed.

Did you remember the RT2 community hotfix?