[REQUEST] WWII AND COLD WAR ERA aircraft (secret, developing, famous, not famous, all welcome)

Goodle...

What should we go towards?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What should we go towards?

It is quite possible to build an ME-262 configuration* aircraft, at least with FAR.

Vessel: ME-262

Mods used: FAR, B9, StretchyTanks, KerbPaint, Procedural Wings

Engines: 2x TFE731

TWR: 4.23

Craft file: http://www.virindi.net/junk/ME-262.zip

Piloting notes:

-Enable SAS. Start at 2 clicks above 0 throttle, rotate at 50m/s. Once you are airborne slowly increase throttle and retract flaps. Sea level cruise throttle is 1/3.

-To land, set throttle to 1 click above zero. Extend flaps to full. After touchdown, tap the brakes...if you hold them down, the aircraft will tip.

-Handling in the air is about what you would expect from a jet fighter, but it is stable and very difficult to spin out of control :)

EjdX3dB.png

*Yes, I know the real ME-262 did not use pitch stabilators. They just fit best.

How to make it not tip when braking: go to action groups, then remove the front wheel from the "Brakes" action group. Now, only the back wheels will brake, and your plane won't topple!

Nice and nimble P51-D! thus, poll results: we are encouraged to advance into the jet age. Good job! we are getting popular. i also plan to allow WWII concept crafts into the thread. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! We are proud of you guys (especially blackholesun and trollwinski:cool:)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ybbo8d Download for the p-51D, keep in mind that it has 300+ parts, and it makes my pc lag like crazy (gtx 580, i7 2700k @ 4.5ghz, 8gb 2133mhz ram), mods needed (i think) are: b9, kerbpaint (if you want the colours, not really needed), firespitter, procedural wings.

parts that are used that i don't know what mod pack they belong to: mini intake scoop, liquid fuel drop tank, invisible strut.

please tell me if you encounter any problems whatsoever and i'll try to find a fix (if the game tells you a part aka mod is missing for example).

This is also the updated version, increased the overall lenght of it by lengthening the nose and tail a bit, looks better now imho.

Launch tutorial: THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, follow this or the p-51d will roll it's wing into the runway every time.

1. let the back wheel hit the ground and wait until the craft is still.

2. startup the engines and apply a bit of throttle, enough to make it move but still keeping it's back wheel on the ground.

3. hold S the entire time. (or pitch up, whatever you prefer i call it.)

4. keep applying throttle whilst still having the back wheel on the ground.

5. if you followed everything correctly, the craft should start lifting off, as soon as it

's atleast a meter or two above the runway, apply full throttle and raise the gears.

the reason for doing this is cause the b9 wheels are a bit unsteady, atleast for me.

der3Uvah.jpgaOrjIezh.jpgc1znHiEh.jpgnUeacToh.jpgZqntloch.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtiss-Wright_XP-55_Ascender

Crew: one pilot

Length: 29 ft 7 in (9.0 m)

Wingspan: 40 ft 7 in (12.4 m)

Height: 10 ft 0 in (3.0 m)

Wing area: 235 ft² (21.83 m²)

Empty weight: 6,354 lb (2,882 kg)

Loaded weight: 7,710 lb (3,497 kg)

Max. takeoff weight: 7,930 lb (3,600 kg)

Powerplant: 1 × Allison V-1710-95 liquid-cooled V12 engine, 1,275 hp (951 kW)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.