Munation - Constellation Replica with Ares V, Ares I, Orion and Altair

Nephf

Great job on these! :D Assuming the Ares V and Altair lander will follow the Ares I, do you have any plans for the Space Launch System (SLS), considering it is the current plan for the future of NASA exploration? Oh, and one thing: solar panels on the Orion MPCV? Not trying to bug you, magnificent job, far better than my garbage. :wink:

Edited by Woopert

Great job on these! :D Assuming the Ares V and Altair lander will follow the Ares I, do you have any plans for the Space Launch System (SLS), considering it is the current plan for the future of NASA exploration? Oh, and one thing: solar panels on the Orion MPCV? Not trying to bug you, magnificent job, far better than my garbage. :wink:

Come on, wait for Ares V until you come with SLS. But I have some problems with an accurate Altair replica. And the Orion has Solar Panels, I just didn't open them.

Looks awesome, but the core stage should be longer

I know, but then it gets heavier and heavier and heavier...

That's amazing! What is the part count on this beast?

Edited by Nephf

The Ares I first stage is solid fueled, it's a space shuttle booster

I know the first stage is an SRB, but I was going more for an accurate appearance and performance. Unless bigger SRBs get added in the future, I think liquid fuel is the way to go.

I know the first stage is an SRB, but I was going more for an accurate appearance and performance. Unless bigger SRBs get added in the future, I think liquid fuel is the way to go.

I don't think so. Liquid Fuel is just wrong, and the diameter has to be bigger at the end of the rocket to place large engines.

Edit: who gave this thread a low Rating?

Edited by Nephf

Nice rockets Sir:)

Isn't that little too small Ares 1?

You used orange tank while wikipedia says that Ares 1 got 5.5 meters dia and kerbal wiki that orange tank got 2.5 meter diameter, so there is an error somewhere or I messed up informations?

Nice rockets Sir:)

Isn't that little too small Ares 1?

You used orange tank while wikipedia says that Ares 1 got 5.5 meters dia and kerbal wiki that orange tank got 2.5 meter diameter, so there is an error somewhere or I messed up informations?

Just saying:

Kerbin radius: 600 km

Earth radius: 6000 km

DV for LKO: 4500 m/s

DV for LEO: 12000 m/s

Edited by Nephf

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.