Hi there :>

annikk.exe

Hi all,

I have played KSP for a long time. I focus mostly on design, although I have been to various distant worlds such as Duna, Laythe, etc. I mostly like to design aircraft, SSTO's, boats, and other unusual things.

I exclusively play with stock parts. I have never used mod parts, although I certainly agree some of them are very cool. :>

I recently completed a longtime goal which was to perform a manned return journey to Eve using a single rocket, with no refuelling on the way, no undocking and leaving parts in orbit, no space junk... and of course, the kerbal had to walk around on Eve then ultimately return home in the same craft that brought him there.

It was an incredible challenge as anyone who has attempted a takeoff from Eve will know, however after about 2 months and several complete redesigns, I managed to nail it. :>

Here's a screenshot of the design that finally did it:

SiqTJrt.png

So yea hi, just checking in. :> Hopefully I gain the ability to post attachments soon, I have crafts to share.. :>

Hi all,

I have played KSP for a long time. I focus mostly on design, although I have been to various distant worlds such as Duna, Laythe, etc. I mostly like to design aircraft, SSTO's, boats, and other unusual things.

I exclusively play with stock parts. I have never used mod parts, although I certainly agree some of them are very cool. :>

I recently completed a longtime goal which was to perform a manned return journey to Eve using a single rocket, with no refuelling on the way, no undocking and leaving parts in orbit, no space junk... and of course, the kerbal had to walk around on Eve then ultimately return home in the same craft that brought him there.

It was an incredible challenge as anyone who has attempted a takeoff from Eve will know, however after about 2 months and several complete redesigns, I managed to nail it. :>

Here's a screenshot of the design that finally did it:

SiqTJrt.png

So yea hi, just checking in. :> Hopefully I gain the ability to post attachments soon, I have crafts to share.. :>

Ok Well now I know what I would need to do an Eve mission with one vehicle......yeah I need more practice docking I think. :wink:

Impressive ship, but I think you might be a few chutes shy, seriously though from what I have been told Eve is a chore to get off of. I landed, sort of, on Eve, well more like hit it going really fast, but I did get there and that is a start.

Thanks for the kind words guys. :> I will search for some of Whackjob's designs..

The parachutes were sufficient. The legs and parachutes both have detachment systems so I don't have to carry them with me during the Eve ascent. Note the drogue chutes have XL's stacked beneath them via cubes. :>

Thanks for the kind words guys. :> I will search for some of Whackjob's designs..

The parachutes were sufficient. The legs and parachutes both have detachment systems so I don't have to carry them with me during the Eve ascent. Note the drogue chutes have XL's stacked beneath them via cubes. :>

Yeah I caught that, does theotherchute stay on or does it explode when the lower one goes off? I also thought I liked a lot of chutes of ships, but I think you have me beat on that one LOL.