Krags PlanetFactory. Updated Jan 22

Kragrathea

Bug report. Ever since installing the mod, if I time warp in with lights turned on, it lights up the dark side of the surface. The light dissipates as soon as I switch back to 1x.

That happens without the mod. I've seen it happen before.

Im having trouble installing this plugin. I put the plugin data into the plugin data flolder and i stuck the plugin in the plugin flolder. The new planets are there when i open the game but the textures are not. Can someone help me with the installation process?

You're not installing it properly. Just drop the PlanetFactory folder into the GameData folder. No need to fiddle about with the ksp/Plugins and KSP/PluginData folders, they were deprecated in version 0.20.

Is it possible to add proper asteroids with this? I have a few nice looking models.

If it is, I'm making a Death Star next!

-

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/33713-Asteroids-2-0-Now-with-Gravity-!!!!

-

1jqQMvf.jpg

You can but some programming will be required since all the planets are currently hard coded. I do have an idea and will talk to Krag about it.

I am not sure who it was that suggested adding a black hole to the mix, but I think its a great idea! Also some asteroids would be neat to see. Speaking of that I was wondering if its possible to add an Easter egg. Take for example rather than adding a planet you add a large ghost ship like the one from battle star galatica or the death star, and make it so that its not viewable from map view. Would that be possible?

Sorry I dont have time to respond to a lot of the good questions/ideas. Here are a few randomish responses

Not working? Make sure its installed right. The stuff goes in GameData not Plugins.

"Default" texture somewhere? Means there is a missing texture. I fixed Sentar in Dec 3 version. See it somewhere else let me know.

Create/Delete planets? I plan to make the system configurable from a cfg. Then you should be able to create (and yes disable) CelestialBodies. If you are resourceful there is a lot you can already do with the current version.

Tadpole. Liked it. But no plans to change descripts. Other fish to fry.

Edited by Kragrathea

For anyone not liking the idea of a star 'orbiting' another star, that's precisely what happens in a binary system. Technically they orbit each other, but it's all relative anyway.

I'm interested in the colour of Serious - it needn't be the same size or colour as Kerbol (not sure if KSP will allow a different colour of starlight), though it should most likely be the same age (so if it's larger, it'll possibly be later or post main-sequence having 'aged' more quickly than Kerbol, and if it's smaller, it'll be earlier main-sequence).

Sorry I dont have time to respond to a lot of the good questions/ideas. Here are a few randomish responses

Create/Delete planets? I plan to make the system configurable from a cfg. Then you should be able to create (and yes disable) CelestialBodies. If you are resourceful there is a lot you can already do with the current version.

I already have a planet configured and textured. I'm betting it's not loading because of those terrible .bin files. You should feel proud Krag. You crashed notepad. :)