Krags PlanetFactory. Updated Jan 22

Kragrathea

Are there any other planetary systems available, aka, has anyone made other planetary system via PlanetFactory CE that we can used in place of the standard Krags planets? I'm looking for someone to make a good asteroid mod, just a few asteroids maybe a "comet"

Are there any other planetary systems available, aka, has anyone made other planetary system via PlanetFactory CE that we can used in place of the standard Krags planets? I'm looking for someone to make a good asteroid mod, just a few asteroids maybe a "comet"

I too have been looking for more planets that can be added to the normal planetfactory directory...

I too have been looking for more planets that can be added to the normal planetfactory directory...

I think there's a list in the Planet Factory CE thread under Add-on Development. Or just look through the Releases forum, there's a few (Sido's Urania system, Poryy's system, etc).

Inaccessible and Ascension still turn black (I run a mac so you may have only fixed it for PC users)

Good job fixing the time warp problem. That was one of the main reasons I had to get rid of the download. (Now I can't run it because takes up too much memory)

I think there's a list in the Planet Factory CE thread under Add-on Development. Or just look through the Releases forum, there's a few (Sido's Urania system, Poryy's system, etc).

If we want to add in addition to the currently available planets in the game?

Inaccessible and Ascension still turn black (I run a mac so you may have only fixed it for PC users)

Good job fixing the time warp problem. That was one of the main reasons I had to get rid of the download. (Now I can't run it because takes up too much memory)

Then it must be due to your system. They work fine on my computer. :sealed:

Oh, I've tried with Thud. I've even encased the probe in those structural panels, but when you plow into the surface at some 4.1 km/s, nothing helps. :cool:

Low Thud orbit is scary. So much speed.

Now it's Serious and Joker time.

Edited by lajoswinkler

Then it must be due to your system. They work fine on my computer. :sealed:

Oh, I've tried with Thud. I've even encased the probe in those structural panels, but when you plow into the surface at some 4.1 km/s, nothing helps. :cool:

Low Thud orbit is scary. So much speed.

Now it's Serious and Joker time.

I tried getting rid of Ablate, Inaccessible, and Ascension to try to get rid of some unneeded memory but when I did Sentar system become a second Jool, Duna, Minmus, and two extra Tyllos.

[EDIT] replied in wrong forum, so deleted my post. Dunno how this had happened...

Edited by Nereid

• 2 weeks later...

Something is very wrong with mine. The other star is Kerbin, Joker looks like Minmus, Sentar looks like Jool and all the other planets and moons are stock ones.

EDIT:And now its Effed up my KSP. Time to Reinstall. Uggh.

EDIT(Again, Uggh):Messed it up. Mod's still fine.

Edited by Pockrtplanesairways

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something strange about Pock.

When i time accelerate low over surface, lander starts to move in another direction. when i exit warp i starts to move n previous direction back again.

Hi folks,

Just installed this. Looking forward to playing with it. Looking around in the tracking center couple of things don't look quite right:

1. I don't see Serious. Where should it be, in case I'm just not looking in the right direction, or far enough away.

2. When I zoom out from Kerbin in the tracking center it looks like a star. Could this be connected with the apparent lack of Serious?

3. Sentar looks just like Jool. I am using the active texture management mod, so it could be because of that.

I've put the PlanetFactory folder in GameData (I tried it in PluginData but got no new planets that way). The PlanetFactory.dll is also in the GameData folder. Have I done that wrong?

Cheers!

Is the Dll in the PlanetFactory folder or is it just laying around on its own in the GameData folder? That may be your problem as I think it should be in PlanetFactory/Plugins.

There's no Plugins directory inside the PlanetFactory directory. So I've got PlanetFactory.dll just in the GameData folder.

Update: tried putting the dll into a Plugins directory inside the PlanetFactory folder. This didn't change anything.

Edited by gleedadswell

Hi folks,

2. When I zoom out from Kerbin in the tracking center it looks like a star. Could this be connected with the apparent lack of Serious?

Cheers!

Wonder whether this is connected: I now have some science, all from on and around Kerbin. The items are there in the persistent.sfs file. But in the science archives if I click Kerbin no experiments show up as done. The reason I wonder whether it is connected is that since Kerbin is showing up in the tracking center as a star it strikes me that it could be somehow misidentified in the configuration?

Oh, also, none of the PlanetFactory planets show up in the science archives. Is this normal?

Edited by gleedadswell
update

Confirmed. The configuration seems to have some sort of confusion between Kerbin and Serious. In either map view for an active spacecraft in Kerbin's SOI or in tracking center focused on any spacecraft in Kerbin SOI if I double click anywhere (except on Kerbin or on a spacecraft) it zooms out from Kerbin so I see a star and it tells me the focus is on Serious. So Serious seems to be at the same location as Kerbin at the moment.

You installed it wrong. Just drop the folder into gamedata, that's all there is to it.

The above was a response to the issue, reported by plinyvic, me and several others, with Serious engulfing Kerbin and all Planet Factory planets using skins of stock planets. Dropping everything in gamedata doesn't fix it. So far I have tried:

everything (PlanetFactory directory and .dll) in GameData: results in problem reported above.

directory in PluginData, .dll in Plugins: same problem

directory in GameData, .dll in Plugins: same problem

directory in GameData, .dll in PluginData: no planets other than stock - mod not installed at all

everything (directory and .dll) in PluginData: no planets other than stock

I messed around with Plugins and PluginData because in the .zip of the mod most of the files are inside a directory called PluginData.

So, having tried all of the above I'm at a loss. How do I get this thing to work? I tried the above in a clean directory with just the stock game and this mod, so this isn't a problem of conflicting mods.

Ah, ha! Got it!

I was taking the PlanetFactory directory and dropping that into GameData (because that is more like a lot of other mods where the zip contains a GameData directory and you copy what is in it into your own GameData directory). But I should have been dropping the PluginData directory from the mod zipfile into GameData. So for clarity, those others of you who have had this problem, the correct directory structure is:

KSP_Home/GameData/PluginData/PlanetFactory/ (contains a bunch of files)

KSP_Home/GameData/PlanetFactory.dll

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

First just make a copy of the science trees before you log off mission; after you leave missions the science tree crashes to stock; archives dont work...

As for the plugin dir in gamedata that is not correct; you shouldnt have any plugindata dir at all; they can jjust go in their respective main dirs; ie planetfactory/plugindata etc...this brings up an interesting point tho...

I just looked in my dir and I have no Plugins dir; any dlls should go in that dir but I dont know if this even matters; but I gonna try this...

cdr zeta