Science and the moons

I am scrounging for science to unlock my exploration tech to facilitate landings on the moons of Kerbin. After a mission out to the edge of Kerbin's SOI, I feel confident enough with my deign to enter the SOI of either Minmus or the Mun and conduct science above their surface. My question is, does either moon offer more science than the other? Would the Mun be easier due to it's larger SOI, or would Minmus be easier due to its ease to escape back to Kerbin from?

Thank you!

If this is your first landing, Minmus might be easier - everything happens much slower in the lower gravity. On the other hand, instead of landing on your first attempt, try some orbital missions first. Orbital return missions to the Mun and Minmus have plenty of science potential without landing, if you've never been out of Kerbin SOI before.

I plan on doing orbital first yeah. Even though the EVA packs would be good, I'd feel bad sending them out there without a ladder to get back in after landing. Hopefully orbital operations will give me enough science to unlock the first tier of ladders

The science modifier values for the relative locations of each celestial body are available on the wiki at:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Science#Celestial_body_multipliers

The button to make that a pretty link isn't working on my interface, and I'm not in the mood to look up html code for this.

Anyway, it looks like Minmus experiments are a little bit more valuable than Münar experiments. Godot is right, though, the Münar surface has way more biomes, which means more locations where you could repeat the experiments.

Edited by LethalDose

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.