Crafts For Ants, i would like to see your Ant engine craft.

Moonfrog

yes it is minmus, I was really surprised that those ant engines could lift that much of a craft. I took the gravity rating from the wiki and used it to calculate a 1.2 TWR of the craft using 2 ant engines. was originally going to build a tiny probe, but I found out I could fit so much more on it.

Can I see your plane?

yes it is minmus, I was really surprised that those ant engines could lift that much of a craft. I took the gravity rating from the wiki and used it to calculate a 1.2 TWR of the craft using 2 ant engines. was originally going to build a tiny probe, but I found out I could fit so much more on it.

Can I see your plane?

Sure you can, i just made a revised probe plane wich is probably the most manouverable thing i've ever built! Link to my post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60712-The-awesome-ant-powered-plane%21

It was, I guess I was hoping for more ant craft by now :). I will tell you of something I thought of, that probably is not an original idea. After checking that the seat, plus the kerbals wait can control craft like a command pod. Thinking of trying to build a Hover chair or Ant jet for a kerbal to sit in.

Maybe if we get animals that can put in space, we could have Ants to put in space, instead of monkeys or dogs or cats, or homosapiens.

5Dh8ntI.jpg

The "Flying Ant" emergency escape and landing vehicle.

Not meant to do what I'd done, which was take off from the runway, but it contains enough fuel and is stable enough in flight to break away from wrecked craft, deorbit, and glide in. Landing gear for use on land, though it is the MK-1 which does not currently have parachutes.

I like the idea for this thread. I've always flipped past that little engine because, as Scott Manley once put it - it looks like it has about as much power as a soda jet.

That first lander really did surprise me with being able to land/return all that weight, even on minmus. What I'd love to see is a seat with a docking port and landing legs / wheels able to land and take off of the mun with an ant engine :D

I will tell you of something I thought of, that probably is not an original idea. After checking that the seat, plus the kerbals wait can control craft like a command pod. Thinking of trying to build a Hover chair or Ant jet for a kerbal to sit in.

I've tried. Best I've managed to get is small acceleration. Maybe 2 MPS? It was a while back. The thing is, keyboard and mouse just doesn't have the precision required to set the throttle "just" right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.