Rocket spins randomly just after launch

every single rocket i make small or big spins and won't go anywhere... also it tilts to random places for no reason! Winglets dont even help in any way aswell../ they dont move/help to change direction!

Every single thing on my rocket is build using mirror so there is no way they have been put wrongly... :mad:

I sit trying to press D to tilt and go to orbit and it does nothing it just stays spinning and tilting wherever it wants!

After trying Career mode the game sucks!

That's how career mode works- You need to unlock reaction wheels and rcs and things to make your rocket better. also it might be because the SAS is being overriden by the speed of the rotation. Or you might not even be using SAS, so just in case, T turns on sas. I hope I helped! :D

The command pods have reaction wheels. If you're just starting career mode, build a small, manned rocket. Before you launch the rocket, press 't' to activate SAS.

Your launch should go much easier with SAS activated. I had very similar issues when I was learning to play.

A picture of your craft is always nice.

My guess is that partly you are not using SAS (press "T" to enable - white indicator on the upper right of the navball) which helps keep your craft stable, and partly because you simply do not have enough control authority to keep the rocket pointed correctly.

A few screenshots can tell a much more complete story.

=Smidge=

Until you get braces, building large rockets without them is going to be a problem.

This flies perfectly because it is properly braced to eliminate twisting stresses. Without proper bracing, it either flies apart, spins, tips over, and flies out of control. Only one additional SAS wheel is needed as the one in the Kerputnik is not enough for flight control.

o2gytqU.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.