The KSS

This is a spectacular use of the node (I really need to come up with a better name for it)

Very fancy space station, good job! It looks really cool with the shuttle nearby.

Well, I have to say, thank you for creating it. Really simple concept, but you, Harv, and Tibs have done something small but great.

Since I\'ve been getting PMs about how I approach this launch, I\'ll say this:

-Full throttle until ~200m/s, then cut back to 75% throttle.

-Wait until 30km to begin gravity turn. (And it requires a smooth gravity turn. Let gravity do the work, don\'t crank the craft eastward 90° when you hit 30km, you should be above the atmosphere before you\'re horizontal.)

-Do not rotate the stack until you\'re in orbit and have burnt most of the fuel in the station.

It\'s tricky, but certainly doable. And really, you should just attempt your own. This was a late-night drunken idea, so it definitely isn\'t polished, there are far more stable stacks that could be created. This was just a 'holy shit! I did it!' thing.

Every time i start it up it blows up on the pad how do i fix this D:

I\'m afraid I\'m not enough of a regular to know what causes this. I\'d recommend clicking the command capsule in the VAB and placing the entire rocket elsewhere to see if that lets it load smoother. I\'ve learned you can place rockets further from the launch tower by its orientation on the circle on the floor of the VAB.

A look at this beast.

The .craft file

You need KSP - Silisko Edition, Probodobodyne, and the Vanguard shuttle. (And the node, naturally)

Has a funny tendency to tumble when you\'re close to orbiting, so, you know, have fun. ;)

I will be using this in 0.14, wait a minute i dont think there wil be .craft files anymore though

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.