0.23 added feature hunt

OrianCEV

Hrmm, I only use probes currently. So I cannot explain it. I think with tweakables, I can set up an emergency battery (disable use). I will do that next time so I can enable it, fire engines, then disable it, if I run out of electricity.

Careful with that, you won't be able to activate "fuel" flow of the emergency battery if the probe runs out of electricity beforehand.

Careful with that, you won't be able to activate "fuel" flow of the emergency battery if the probe runs out of electricity beforehand.

oh well that sucks. so the only solution is to make sure you have solar panels. What if you have solar panels and you run out of electicity for .001 seconds? Are you still screwed?

oh well that sucks. so the only solution is to make sure you have solar panels. What if you have solar panels and you run out of electicity for .001 seconds? Are you still screwed?

If your solar panels are still active, i don´t think so ...

if you only have solar panels that have to be unfolded, but haven´t unfolded them when you still had energy, you are screwed, of course ;)

If your solar panels are still active, i don´t think so ...

if you only have solar panels that have to be unfolded, but haven´t unfolded them when you still had energy, you are screwed, of course ;)

Fun fact, you can send out a kerbal on EVA and right-click on the panels to unfold them. I've saved a couple of missions that way.

Stow aways... I always get them on what are supposed to be unmanned tests when I forget to remove the crew before a launch. Usually I fail to notice the crew picture and only realize it when I get the so-and-so was killed message after doing a launch test before parachutes are installed...

Not quite, not being able to start up the engines without electricity is only a thing if you have a probe controlling your rocket, which obviously stops working once it doesn't have electricity anymore. Having a Kerbal fly your rocket, however, does not prevent you from controlling it once you're out of electricity.

Last few months I've been doing almost exclusively unmanned probe missions so I can't really remember.

I do like Kerbals for their ability to knock the dead ship on EVA, if its solar panels are in the shade. :)

.23 feature found. Now you can.

Even before .23 although you could not activate the disabled battery, you could transfer electric charge from it to an enabled one. to gain control again

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.