[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Ok, that makes sense. I've actually found myself in that situation as well, only with realism off and a need to keep my tanks "topped off" on an experimental flight with new vessel designs. Yes, I "cheat" from time to time. :D

I'll look at the potential impact. it mainly revolves around visual updates / cues (highlighting, portraits, etc.) that would likely cause errors in mapview. With the refactoring I've done, I likely can handle these issues without too much fuss.

[...]

Okay, I took a quick look, and it seems that it is not only doable, but it looks like it only took commenting out 2 lines of code.

More testing to be done to be sure that it works "in all cases", but looks very promising.

Update. working fine. Had to change 1 more line of code to allow Toolbar display in mapview.

Will be included in the next update.

Update:

Item 10 on the Feature list earlier, discussed resource transfers by vessel.

10. Feature: Add the ability to select all parts of a given resource by "vessel". Example Space station has a vessel docked. Refuel the Vessel, instead of having to select its individual tanks... (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...=1#post1876298)

Looks like it is possible. I have located and begun plumbing the necessary components to make this happen. Now to figure out how to present it, and manage it.

Onward...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Sounds like one of the best selling arguments for the mod yet.

That would be awesome if that is possible... Haven't even thought about it cause I thought after docking two vessels would become one when it comes to managing infrastructure and you can't separate them only by components...

Sounds like one of the best selling arguments for the mod yet.

That would be awesome if that is possible... Haven't even thought about it cause I thought after docking two vessels would become one when it comes to managing infrastructure and you can't separate them only by components...

Yes, transfer resources by vessel will be super helpful!

I do missions to refuel and refill life support storages (US), so that will be great!

:)

I do believe you both are right. I don't think anyone has done this before...

AND.... I have it working. I have plumbed a vessel selection interface and all parts that contain a given resource (or resources) in a given vessel are highlighted...

Not only that, but you can mix and match, meaning you can select a source part or parts, and fill a target vessel or vessels, or select a source vessel or vessels and target a part or parts. HUGE flexibility... Still a fair amount of testing and refactoring to do, but...

Y26VRiv.png

Sweet!

Now for the 64 million kerbal dollar question... for highlighting when mouse over a vessel button... should I edge highlight the whole vessel or just the parts that contain the resource(s)? the whole vessel is kinda cool... but the parts with the resource(s) in question are all we really need....

I could also edge highlight the whole vessel if you select a vessel or vessels...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Sounds really great. Cant wait for it.

I would suggest you highlight the whole vessel BEFORE selecting anything, just on mouseover.

After selecting a vessel, only the tanks that are part of the transfer / are selected with this group are highlighted / colored.

Reason: for a vessel to be refilled with fuel / mono / anything I don't care where the tanks are situated on this vessel and which tanks are gonna be used. When I select the vessel, it should select all its tanks of the given resource so I can see where the transfer is gonna made.

So I have a 'per vessel' selection and still visual feedback and flexibility given that we are used to from your mod.

Think that would be the best solution.

Any +1 ?

Sounds really great. Cant wait for it.

I would suggest you highlight the whole vessel BEFORE selecting anything, just on mouseover.

After selecting a vessel, only the tanks that are part of the transfer / are selected with this group are highlighted / colored.

Reason: for a vessel to be refilled with fuel / mono / anything I don't care where the tanks are situated on this vessel and which tanks are gonna be used. When I select the vessel, it should select all its tanks of the given resource so I can see where the transfer is gonna made.

So I have a 'per vessel' selection and still visual feedback and flexibility given that we are used to from your mod.

Think that would be the best solution.

Any +1 ?

Sounds good. that is what I was thinking, myself... maybe also an option in settings to either edge highlight the whole vessel on mouseover or just the tanks...

Sounds good. that is what I was thinking, myself... maybe also an option in settings to either edge highlight the whole vessel on mouseover or just the tanks...

Ok, looking really good right now...

All the features of normal resource transfers by part are also available by docked vessel. Includes fill/dump resource(s) by docked vessel & multi resource, multi vessel/part transfers.

Here is a look at the highlighting...

k0KkMl8.png

More testing and refactoring, but this will be released pretty soon... (day or 2)

- - - Updated - - -

Had a read back, but I'm not using any station mods :-/ just this, mechjeb, alarm clock, tanteries 7 pod crew, and the actual station at this stage I'm at is all stock parts, infact it's the kerbal x stock rocket and hitchhikers container with stock scince lab. Hope this info is useful somehow, do u want me to post any log files? (not sure how but if u let me know I will retrieve them).

Thanks for all ur kind mod work though, I appreciate it and I hope I can assist in squashing this bug

@combat squirrel: Just following up on this issue.

Its been over a month and several versions released. Are you still seeing this issue?

Will it work with TAC life support resources? I believe it will handle recourses of all types.

:)

yes. all resources that respect resource.info.resourceTransferMode != None can be transferred. If realism is OFF, then all resources, (including solid fuel) can be transferred.

Thats worth a 4.4, I guess.

And with that being said, the next release has been committed to GitHub. I have a meeting, but I will compile the release on my return (few hours).

Expect it out later today.

Docked Vessel Support!

Version 4.4.0.0 - Release 17 June, 2015 - Docked Vessel Transfers Edition.

- New: Added ability to transfer, dump/fill resources by Docked vessel. Multi resource, Docked Vessel(s) <-> Docked vessel(s), Docked Vessel(s) <-> Part(s), and Part(s) <-> Part(s) transfers are now possible. Huge flexibility.

- New: Highlighting Refactoring. Docked Vessel highlighting, on mouseover cleanup, and standardized mouseover highlighting model.

- New: Opened up SM to allow operation in MapView while in flight. All features work, and Toolbar button is displayed while in MapView during flight.

... still looking for the "Donate" Button :confused:

I looked into it. Soon :D

Release is out and available on Github, Curse and Kerbalstuff. WIki to be updated soon.

Version 4.4.0.0 - Release 17 June, 2015 - Docked Vessel Transfers Edition.

- New: Added ability to transfer, dump/fill resources by Docked vessel. Multi resource, Docked Vessel(s) <-> Docked vessel(s), Docked Vessel(s) <-> Part(s), and Part(s) <-> Part(s) transfers are now possible. Huge flexibility.

- New: Highlighting Refactoring. Docked Vessel highlighting, on mouseover cleanup, and standardized mouseover highlighting model.

- New: Opened up SM to allow operation in MapView while in flight. All features work, and Toolbar button is displayed while in MapView during flight.

Update: Donate button in place. :P

Edited by Papa_Joe

Release is out and available on Github, Curse and Kerbalstuff.

Dont get it wrong noone is posting here anymore, everyone is enjoying the update as it is just great to play with it :D

have a nice Weekend!

Dont get it wrong noone is posting here anymore, everyone is enjoying the update as it is just great to play with it :D

have a nice Weekend!

LOL!

I've learned that no news is usually good news... If there were glaring issues, my forum thread would light up like an old telephone switchboard... :D

I'm back working on Roster Manager now. I'd like to get an early release out into the wild. Not much functionality yet, but more than what SM has anyway.

Papa_Joe, i love the addendum of Unity style on interface.

Using it, is more like MechJeb and the other interfaces i like more.

Thanks! Still needs a bit of cleanup with window sizing, but generally works great.

Some time ago i did this to show TAC fuel balancer a better way to show it's interface and options.

the focus was that when you are transferring resources, you wanna fast start stop, so the original click to open a sub window is annoying.

(I hope he did that in some future release, and the sink transfer between liquid and oxidizer, so obvious necessary, but no one did until then.)

But the autor was hungry, so he prefer to tell me to do myself.

But saying that i can try to solve a custom interface for you, but i can't have time even for my Omicron.

But if i can manage to touch it, i should suggest for you some alternatives in design of it.

Let me know if it interest you, but keep in mind will take some time...

:D

15189956772_1e81a4d1b0_o.pngSuggestion Crop by Rafael Valle, on Flickr

Some time ago i did this to show TAC fuel balancer a better way to show it's interface and options.

the focus was that when you are transferring resources, you wanna fast start stop, so the original click to open a sub window is annoying.

(I hope he did that in some future release, and the sink transfer between liquid and oxidizer, so obvious necessary, but no one did until then.)

But the autor was hungry, so he prefer to tell me to do myself.

But saying that i can try to solve a custom interface for you, but i can't have time even for my Omicron.

But if i can manage to touch it, i should suggest for you some alternatives in design of it.

Let me know if it interest you, but keep in mind will take some time...

:D

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5569/15189956772_1e81a4d1b0_o.pngSuggestion Crop by Rafael Valle, on Flickr

I really appreciate the kind offer. However, I would prefer that you focus on your mod, as so many are anxiously awaiting your magic. :D

I certainly will accept suggestions and I am always looking to improve ease of use..

So if you come up with an idea, please share, and I can make it happen.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok, so I have found a couple of issues. Nothing serious, but I am addressing them.

1. If you have CLS installed and enabled, and you switch vessels in Map mode with Crew selected, you will get a few errors in the SM Debug window during the transition. I've corrected this.

2. With Deepfreeze 0.16 installed, and with a vessel containing a DeepFreezer part, attempting to thaw or freeze kerbals from the SM Roster Window fails with errors in the SM Debug window. I've contacted JPLRepo, and we are working a proper solution to my earlier hack. Will be corrected with the next release of DeepFreeze. You can still freeze and thaw, but only from the DeepFreeze interface, not from the Roster Window atm.

So, not big issues, but they will be addressed soon.

Edited by Papa_Joe
Misspelled JPLRepo's name!!

KSP Update Notice:

SM works in 1.0.3

New version released. bug fixes:

Version 4.4.0.1 - Release 23 June, 2015 - Docked Vessel Transfers Edition.

- Fixed: When switching vessels while in MapView with Crew Selected and CLS installed and enabled, errors are generated in log during transition.

- Fixed: With the release of DeepFreeze 0.16, freeze and thaw commands from Roster Window no longer work and cause errors.

If you use DeepFreeze, you will need the latest release ver 0.16.0.2 or higher. Changes to the API provide support for 3rd party mod support of freezing and thawing kerbals.

I love the vessel resources transfer!!!

Already use it. Easy my life of resupply life support to all my stations.

Thank you Papa. Love you! :D

Awesome! Glad you like that feature.

Update: SM works in KSP 1.0.4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.