[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Just an Update:

New release coming today.

Version 4.2.1.0 - Release 13 May, 2015 - Highlighting Updates Edition.

- New: Added mouseover part highlighting on Transfer Window part Selection buttons.

- New: Revised mousover highlighting to use new edge highlighting methods introduced in KSP 0.90. Improves visibility of highlighted parts.

- New: Added configuration switch to enable/disable mouseover edge highlighting, if performance is affected or behavior is not desired.

- Fixed: When using Mod Admin, SM generates and error, and SMSettings file is not created, as PluginData folder is deleted (compatability issue).

- Fixed: When in Preflight or Flight and Realism Off, Selecting a single fluid/gaseous resource causes Transfer Window display issues (Found during Wiki creation). Bug introduced in 4.2.0.0

- Fixed: When performing a Crew Transfer in SM with Realism on, it is possible to perform a stock transfer during the Crew transfer process if Override is off, and potentially create a ghost kerbal.

- Fixed: When removing/adding crew to a vessel in pre-flight, vessel "remembers" professions available when scene loads. A scene change causes correct professions to be initialized. Possible exploit.

The last item for crew movements in and out of the vessel is in test now. With or without that fix, I will be releasing what I have today.

The new edge highlighting is very cool. I've added it to all mouseover highlighting (control Tabs as well as Transfer Window parts) It makes finding parts on a busy vessel very easy. If you don't like the edge highlighting, you can turn it off.

Edit. Removing/Adding crew now properly updates vessel capabilities.

Update: 4.2.1.0 Released.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Just an Update:

New release coming today.

Version 4.2.1.0 - Release 13 May, 2015 - Highlighting Updates Edition.

- New: Added mouseover part highlighting on Transfer Window part Selection buttons.

- New: Revised mousover highlighting to use new edge highlighting methods introduced in KSP 0.90. Improves visibility of highlighted parts.

- New: Added configuration switch to enable/disable mouseover edge highlighting, if performance is affected or behavior is not desired.

- Fixed: When using Mod Admin, SM generates and error, and SMSettings file is not created, as PluginData folder is deleted (compatability issue).

- Fixed: When in Preflight or Flight and Realism Off, Selecting a single fluid/gaseous resource causes Transfer Window display issues (Found during Wiki creation). Bug introduced in 4.2.0.0

- Fixed: When performing a Crew Transfer in SM with Realism on, it is possible to perform a stock transfer during the Crew transfer process if Override is off, and potentially create a ghost kerbal.

- Fixed: When removing/adding crew to a vessel in pre-flight, vessel "remembers" professions available when scene loads. A scene change causes correct professions to be initialized. Possible exploit.

The last item for crew movements in and out of the vessel is in test now. With or without that fix, I will be releasing what I have today.

The new edge highlighting is very cool. I've added it to all mouseover highlighting (control Tabs as well as Transfer Window parts) It makes finding parts on a busy vessel very easy. If you don't like the edge highlighting, you can turn it off.

Edit. Removing/Adding crew now properly updates vessel capabilities.

Update: 4.2.1.0 Released.

since the yesterdays update, highlighting of parts cant be turned off. The option for csm highlighting cant even be clicked on. and if i try to the addon crashes the game to desktop. before the update it worked flawlessly. Please have a look at it. really love your addon

I just tested the release from a copy downloaded from Kerbalstuff. I'm getting no errors, and no issues.

I turned Off and On edge highlighting in SM and then also turned off and on edge highlighting in KSP's settings and still no issues... everything seems to work..

Can you describe some steps to reproduce the error? Also, what is CSM highlighting? If that is CLS highlighting, then Connected Living Space must be installed for that option to be available.

Edit: After saying that CLS must be installed for the option to be available, I decided to remove CLS and test. I did discover that the buttons after Enable CLS highlighting become disabled if you turn Highlighting off and back on. you can only close the window from the upper right corner. This will also occur if you have CLS installed and Disable CLS in Settings, although you can turn Enable CLS back on and the problem goes away.

I'll correct this and issue an update.

No crashes tho... Is this your issue?

Edited by Papa_Joe

I just tested the release from a copy downloaded from Kerbalstuff. I'm getting no errors, and no issues.

I turned Off and On edge highlighting in SM and then also turned off and on edge highlighting in KSP's settings and still no issues... everything seems to work..

Can you describe some steps to reproduce the error? Also, what is CSM highlighting? If that is CLS highlighting, then Connected Living Space must be installed for that option to be available.

Edit: After saying that CLS must be installed for the option to be available, I decided to remove CLS and test. I did discover that the buttons after Enable CLS highlighting become disabled if you turn Highlighting off and back on. you can only close the window from the upper right corner. This will also occur if you have CLS installed and Disable CLS in Settings, although you can turn Enable CLS back on and the problem goes away.

I'll correct this and issue an update.

No crashes tho... Is this your issue?

New Release:

Version 4.2.1.1 - Release 14 May, 2015 - Highlighting Updates Edition Bug Fix.

- Fixed: In Settings, if CLS is not installed, or CLS is disabled, changing the Enable Highlighting setting causes some buttons below it to become disabled.

Edited by Papa_Joe

FYI I got another ghost Kerbal when simply boarding a lander from EVA - the Kerbal appeared in the vessel, but also stayed outside the hatch. Not sure if it's SM, and it's hard to reproduce but I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks.

The Kerbal that boarded the lander from EVA, was it moved prior to that? If so, by Stock transfer or by SM transfer?

I understand if you don't know the answers to those questions :P

I'll also search the web for any reports of this in KSP in general...

Edit: just found confirmation of a bug. This is not SM...

Here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/828937979300460540/

and here...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227956240

Although, most of the posts are 2014... before 0.90

I'll keep an eye out..

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hmm, thanks for finding those. I'm sure I used SM transfers on them previously (have used SM transfers exclusively since your last update), but this was not a Kerbal that had been cloned previously. The lander was docked with the station that previously experienced the cloning, however.

Hmm, thanks for finding those. I'm sure I used SM transfers on them previously (have used SM transfers exclusively since your last update), but this was not a Kerbal that had been cloned previously. The lander was docked with the station that previously experienced the cloning, however.

Ok. I'm not ruling out SM yet. Just not sure what could be the cause tho.

I just thought of something. If possible, can you provide a copy of your gamesave if you still have ghost kerbals?

I may be able to learn something from it...

I would like to say that I got this duplicate kerbals' bug without having SM installed. It solved itself after quickloading the game.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I wondered if the bug reported back in 2013/2014 had been squashed yet... looks like it hasn't. I've not experienced it myself yet...

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I wondered if the bug reported back in 2013/2014 had been squashed yet... looks like it hasn't. I've not experienced it myself yet...

Well, I'm guessing it's extremely rare since it only happened once to me (playing 1.0) and I play ksp since .24. Also I have always used SM (I didn't download it for 1.0 though, and now I downloaded it for 1.0.2)

I lost all of my active and archived contracts, I think it happened after either a quickload in space, switching a vessel from a long distance, a kerbal from a rescue contract being killed by USI-LifeSupport or maybe ShipManifest trouble.

Can you see anything in the log that might narrow it down?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3sth7matznes7tv/AACb9Hngcennw12ZuBGNexG2a?dl=0

Well, I'm guessing it's extremely rare since it only happened once to me (playing 1.0) and I play ksp since .24. Also I have always used SM (I didn't download it for 1.0 though, and now I downloaded it for 1.0.2)

4.1.4.4 worked in 1.0, but I updated it when I added additional highlighting features and a few existing bug fixes. I didn't really need to make any change to support the changes in 1.0+ :D

I lost all of my active and archived contracts, I think it happened after either a quickload in space, switching a vessel from a long distance, a kerbal from a rescue contract being killed by USI-LifeSupport or maybe ShipManifest trouble.

Can you see anything in the log that might narrow it down?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3sth7matznes7tv/AACb9Hngcennw12ZuBGNexG2a?dl=0

Looking at your log, you are experiencing multiple mod errors.

Looks like USI Life Support, and Final Frontier, along with OrbitTargeter.

I recommend you install Exception Detector. This will capture and help decipher the errors you are seeing.

To perfectly isolate, you will need to start with a clean install and then add mods till you see the errors...

ATM, not looking like SM...

Edited by Papa_Joe

OK, will do, thank you.

ATM, not looking like SM...

I only thought it might because SM locks its windows for me from time to time. Cannot open or close anything, corrects itself after a few minutes.

In this particular session it was also:

Tried to move a kerbal from a crew canister into an occupied mk1, they did not automatically switch seats, so I moved the one in the mk1 into the canister first - after that it pasted several lines of something along "cannot do this, SM crew transfer in progress" (from aging memory). After a few everything looked fine and worked as it should.

OK, will do, thank you.

I only thought it might because SM locks its windows for me from time to time. Cannot open or close anything, corrects itself after a few minutes.

Tried to move a kerbal from a crew canister into an occupied mk1, they did not automatically switch seats, so I moved the one in the mk1 into the canister first - after that it pasted several lines of something along "cannot do this, SM crew transfer in progress" (from aging memory). After a few everything looked fine and worked as it should.

Hard to tell with all the other errors I'm seeing in the log. with that many mod errors, all bets are off on how SM will behave, especially with the modifications that are being made to the kerbals from the mods noted...

With a consistent "steps to reproduce the error" I can look at any mod compatibility issues. Also, it would be helpful to know what version of SM you are using, along with the version of KSP...

Okay, after looking closely at the log, I see you are running KSP 1.0.2 and SM 4.2.1.1, so the latest of each...

But, you sure have a lengthy list of mods... running an RSS realism game eh? :P Of course, this means I've very interested in making sure we resolve this. :D

Edited by Papa_Joe

OK, will do, thank you.

I have noticed that if I start a transfer using SM and change ships before the transfer completes it will cause the issue with the locked windows that will not close or do anything. The window persists until I exit the game.

I have noticed that if I start a transfer using SM and change ships before the transfer completes it will cause the issue with the locked windows that will not close or do anything. The window persists until I exit the game.

Ok, that makes sense as there is a transfer operation in progress. I will have to add some code to account for interrupted transfers. Since in realism mode, there is a 7 second delay before the kerbals actually move. I don't block the Game UI, so you could do that. Let me take a look ad the implications...

You can also change the delay for your transfers in the configuration file. There is a transfer delay value that is currently set to 7 sec... change it to like 1 or so, and you won't be able to "beat" SM when you switch vessels....

That also brings up a good point... I need to add the config file and some instructions on editing it in the Wiki...

Edited by Papa_Joe

I don't have a save that I can currently test for repro on, but there appears to be an issue with transferring crew and losing KIS inventory.

For example: Engineer in one module with the screwdriver in his inventory, transferred him to another module. Realized later when he went to EVA that he no longer had the screwdriver.

Ok, that makes sense as there is a transfer operation in progress. I will have to add some code to account for interrupted transfers. Since in realism mode, there is a 7 second delay before the kerbals actually move. I don't block the Game UI, so you could do that. Let me take a look ad the implications...

You can also change the delay for your transfers in the configuration file. There is a transfer delay value that is currently set to 7 sec... change it to like 1 or so, and you won't be able to "beat" SM when you switch vessels....

That also brings up a good point... I need to add the config file and some instructions on editing it in the Wiki...

Yeah, I figured it was my own fault for interrupting the transfer so I did not think anything of it. While the window is locked like that you will get error message spam on screen each time you enter or exit an EVA kerbal, but it does not actually interfere with anything. Just annoying not a crash.

I don't have a save that I can currently test for repro on, but there appears to be an issue with transferring crew and losing KIS inventory.

For example: Engineer in one module with the screwdriver in his inventory, transferred him to another module. Realized later when he went to EVA that he no longer had the screwdriver.

Thanks for the feedback!

The Crew transfer code, while it has been refactored quite a bit, has largely remained intact in terms of it function for better than a year. It its not broke...

Anyway, I'll look KIS code to see what may be "missing" that could cause the loss of tools.

I don't know how long you have been using SM and KIS together, but can you tell if this is a new behavior or not? Do you know if an older version of SM worked in the past?

Yeah, I figured it was my own fault for interrupting the transfer so I did not think anything of it. While the window is locked like that you will get error message spam on screen each time you enter or exit an EVA kerbal, but it does not actually interfere with anything. Just annoying not a crash.

If you can, get a capture of the error you are seeing. More information is always helpful. Also, what kind of error is it (KSP, Exception Detector, SM) I will also try to duplicate in my test save.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Thanks for the feedback!

The Crew transfer code, while it has been refactored quite a bit, has largely remained intact in terms of it function for better than a year. It its not broke...

Anyway, I'll look KIS code to see what may be "missing" that could cause the loss of tools.

I don't know how long you have been using SM and KIS together, but can you tell if this is a new behavior or not? Do you know if an older version of SM worked in the past?

Unfortunately, I did not use KIS pre-1.0.2 (but I used KAS, which obviously doesn't work the same). I don't have an answer about previous compatibility with SM, sorry. (I am loving KIS overall though!)

Unfortunately, I did not use KIS pre-1.0.2 (but I used KAS, which obviously doesn't work the same). I don't have an answer about previous compatibility with SM, sorry. (I am loving KIS overall though!)

Thanks for looking. As for KIS, I can understand. I downloaded it and it adds a whole new dimension to EVA and the game. I'll play with it and see if I can locate the incompatibility. One question: did you lose the tool permanently or did it end up back in storage?