[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

52 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Because you are trying to run a version of Ship Manifest that is for KSP 1.0.5 in KSP 1.1.
Suggest you download and install the latest version and try that. (Version 5.0.9.0 is the ONLY version that works in KSP 1.1).

Well ya right but this on the first page: Current Version: 5.0.9.0, 05 Apr, 2016 -- Download: SpaceDock | CurseForge | GitHub (all releases). gives the impression 5.0.9.0 is on Curse

and this on Curse:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Version: 5.0.9.0 - Release 05 Apr, 2016 - KSP 1.1 Compatibility  PreRelease.  

** Now supports multiple transfers and dumps in realism mode! **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gives the impression that the version there is 5.0.9.0. Which it is not.

3 minutes ago, dr_jt said:

Well ya right but this on the first page: Current Version: 5.0.9.0, 05 Apr, 2016 -- Download: SpaceDock | CurseForge | GitHub (all releases). gives the impression 5.0.9.0 is on Curse

and this on Curse:

Current Version: 5.0.9.0 - Release 05 Apr, 2016 - KSP 1.1 Compatibility  PreRelease.  

** Now supports multiple transfers and dumps in realism mode! **

Gives the impression that the version there is 5.0.9.0. Which it is not.

It's there for me:

LyNH7RO.png

1 minute ago, dr_jt said:

The link brings me to the Overview page and when you click the big red Download button to the right you get the older version.

I think it;s because it is marked as an alpha release. I've PM'd Papa_Joe to change it to a full release.

Ahh. Well, I'm old and easily confused so I miss stuff like that. :D

I should just pay more attention to what I'm downloading.

Kind of freaky texting someone in the future, but you're texting me in the past so I guess it cancels out. I'm on the east coast of USA and it's still Saturday here.

Edited by dr_jt

4 minutes ago, dr_jt said:

Ahh. Well, I'm old and easily confused so I miss stuff like that. :D

I should just pay more attention to what I'm downloading.

So did you download the 5.0.9.0 version and all good now?

I did download it but I have yet to test it out. I'm currently searching for station and base mods.

Okay, I just tested it and it seems to work. Thanks for the assist. I'll lift a glass to your health and welfare later tonight. 

I will not be changing the prerelease to a full release.   I will be updating the plugin more thoroughly and adding new features.

So, for now 5.0.9.0 is what we have .   Squad went through several iterations during prerelease, and I did not want to get caught up in a constant chase as their code was updated.

Look forward to 5.1.0.0 This will be the release that I take advantge of the new features in 1.1 and improve the efficiency of the code.   I hope to reduce the frame rate drops, and make the interface more responsive.

Makes sense. I'm a former developer and know the pain of trying to stay synced with another project you have no control or say over. My problem was that I never downloaded from Curse before and didn't know the navigation. I also admit to being lazy and just installing what was downloaded by clicking the big red button and not checking versions. I really have no excuse because I currently work doing security patches and updates on servers. I should know better and be more aware. Don't let my co-workers know about this debacle of mine. I'll never live it down. :D

Edited by dr_jt
For being incoherent

26 minutes ago, dr_jt said:

Makes sense. I'm a former developer and know the pain of trying to stay synced with another project you have no control or say over. My problem was that I never downloaded from Curse before and didn't know the navigation. I also admit to being lazy and just installing what was downloaded by clicking the big red button and not checking versions. I really have no excuse because I currently work doing security patches and updates on servers. I should know better and be more aware. Don't let my co-workers know about this debacle of mine. I'll never live it down. :D

Your secret is safe with me... :D

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 5:52 PM, Papa_Joe said:

I will not be changing the prerelease to a full release.   I will be updating the plugin more thoroughly and adding new features.

So, for now 5.0.9.0 is what we have .   Squad went through several iterations during prerelease, and I did not want to get caught up in a constant chase as their code was updated.

Look forward to 5.1.0.0 This will be the release that I take advantge of the new features in 1.1 and improve the efficiency of the code.   I hope to reduce the frame rate drops, and make the interface more responsive.

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎05 at 8:06 AM, KronosHelix said:

I was wondering if you could update your KSP version to be compatible with 1.2, I currently have no problems with is current version of Ship Manifest, but CKAN says it incompatible. Thank you Papa_Joe.

@Papa_Joe do I read your statement correctly to indicate that the next version would be v1.1.2 ready?

9 hours ago, MisterFister said:

the next version would be v1.1.2 ready?

1 hour ago, funkcanna said:

Looking forward to getting this on 1.1.2

While I've not done any in-game testing, the mod does load into KSP v1.1.2 with no errors or exceptions thrown to the log. So you can at least drop it in now and try it out. If you see anything amiss log it for papajoe to look into

Added latest version and attempted to play 1.1.2, however while it worked, I experienced a drop in frame rate  from 14 fps to 1.9 fps. Game return to normal after unistall of mod

Edited by Rafael acevedo

On 5/8/2016 at 4:17 PM, Rafael acevedo said:

Added latest version and attempted to play 1.1.2, however while it worked, I experienced a drop in frame rate  from 14 fps to 1.9 fps. Game return to normal after unistall of mod

If you have debris set to on this may be causing an issue.   I had addressed this in an earlier version of SM, but I'm going through the revisions now.

New Release.

Version 5.1.0.0 - Release 14 May, 2016 - KSP 1.1.2 Compatibility Update
- New:  Updated mod to support KSP 1.1.2.
- New:  Updated screen messages to use new object model.  

I still have work to do to optimize, so you may get slowdowns.   If so, please report and provide what details you can.  Thanks!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Just an update.  

I've been running performance testing and have discovered one cause of the slowdowns people have been discussing.   It is caused by my part highlighting system.  I'm working on a solution for this.  If you are experiencing a problem and frame rate is critical for you, go to Settings -> Highlighting, and disable it.   You will recover ~10 frames per second or more (in my testing on a Kerbal X stock vessel on the pad I got 30 FPS improvement when liquid fuel was selected.  Your results will vary, depending on the complexity of the scene and the number of parts in your vessel(s)). You will no longer be able to see the parts you have selected or that are of a given resource highlighted, but all transfer processes will work just fine.

Edited by Papa_Joe

How do I transfer science to a probe? I can only transfer science to Manned Cabins or the PPD-10. I tried also moving into Universal Storage Science Bay, but it won't accept it.

Edited by SHiRKiT

I'm having trouble transferring data from a station with a copula module to anything - the data just stays in the copula module.

UPDATE: You need to turn "For Science!" OFF to do the science transfer!

Edited by Balrog
Figured it out

23 hours ago, SHiRKiT said:

How do I transfer science to a probe? I can only transfer science to Manned Cabins or the PPD-10. I tried also moving into Universal Storage Science Bay, but it won't accept it.

1 hour ago, Balrog said:

I'm having trouble transferring data from a station with a copula module to anything - the data just stays in the copula module.

Science can only be moved from an experiment to a container, or from one container to another container.  If the part in question does not have a container module (ModuleScienceContainer), then it cannot be moved.  You cannot go from one experiment to another experiment.  I don't know the parts you are trying to move science from or to, so I hope this helps clarify.

Edited by Papa_Joe

20 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Science can only be moved from an experiment to a container, or from one container to another container.  If the part in question does not have a container module (ModuleScienceContainer), then it cannot be moved.  You cannot go from one experiment to another experiment.  I don't know the parts you are trying to move science from or to, so I hope this helps clarify.

Do you know if the Universal Storage's Science Bay should have this ability? Because, in theory, it holds experiments (Kerbals can take experiments out of things, then right click from EVA and store experiments inside). Is having ModuleScienceContainer a stock KSP thing?

2 hours ago, SHiRKiT said:

Do you know if the Universal Storage's Science Bay should have this ability? Because, in theory, it holds experiments (Kerbals can take experiments out of things, then right click from EVA and store experiments inside). Is having ModuleScienceContainer a stock KSP thing?

In theory it should.   SM also allows the transfer of science to science labs.  I don't know how the Universal Storage Science Bay is set up.  The moduleScienceContainer is a stock thing, and all mod parts that have science (to my lnowledge) will have either have ModuleScienceExperiment and/or ModuleScienceContainer.

Note that I will be revisiting Science as part of the changes KSP made to version 1.1+.  If you note issues or have features you want to see, now is the time

Edited by Papa_Joe