[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

9 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

In theory it should.   SM also allows the transfer of science to science labs.  I don't know how the Universal Storage Science Bay is set up.  The moduleScienceContainer is a stock thing, and all mod parts that have science (to my lnowledge) will have either have ModuleScienceExperiment and/or ModuleScienceContainer.

Note that I will be revisiting Science as part of the changes KSP made to version 1.1+.  If you note issues or have features you want to see, now is the time

No, I have nothing to be added, only if someone puts out a better UI Design it would be great, but totally out of the scope.

Just for clarification, I'll quote Paul here:

Hello,

The science bay doesn’t hold science points, it is a bay you can place science experiments (other part) in. The idea being you load it up with science parts, then open the doors and run those experiments once you are in orbit. It is based on the science bay built into the Apollo CSM.

I had misunderstood what the Science Bay was =]

Hello quick question, Is it a feature of your mod that limits when you can use ship manifest interface during flight. Like i click on the icon for ship manifest during a mission and nothing happens, though later it will work, then the window will disappear again. Not sure if bug or feature. I even tried moving the icon to blizzy 78s toolbar mod. 

I may have found the issue. I am using a procedural interstage fairing, attaching the upper node to my fasa mercury pod.
All works fine until that is the last decoupler in my staging. When i was using normal decoupler attached to the same pod,  ship manifest worked all the time. 
Perhaps it is getting confused as to what is attached.

Further examination.
 I put a craft into orbit with hyperedit.
Craft make up is 
(Stage 3) Procedural fuel tank - procedural interstage - 45 ton guidance unit on lower node.

(Stage 2) upper decoupler node - engine - procedural fuel tank - procedural fairing - girder - procedural fuel tank - procedural decoupler. 

(Stage 1) Fasa mercury capsule - procedural fuselage - realchute- RP0 .300t probe core

Ship manifest (SM) works. When all of the above is in orbit. Works from the ground up to this point on a normal launch. But when I decouple stage 3 it stops working. With the above set up.
As i continue to stage SM never comes back.   

Second examination. 
I removed that procedural fairing in stage 2 
when staging stage 3 SM stops working. 

3rd examination.
The same setup as the previous test except  I replaced the procedural fuselage in stage 1 with a procedural fuel tank. I added htp to the fuel tank with space to add transfer more.
Stage 3 decoupling SM stopped working. 
Stage 2 decouple I was able to use SM again
SM could see the fasa mercury capsule and the the rp-0 probe core. 

I guess something to do with procedural fairings, decouplers and interstages.

Using kerbal 1.1.2
the latest releases of RO-RSS-RPO 
Using Fasa that was meant for 1.05. 

Edited by karlack26

Hey there! I seem to be having a problem with this. I have the realism mode turned off, and CLS disabled, but when trying to transfer crew between parts on my station, I still get a message that says the Kerbal was unable to reach the part. It was my understanding that with realism and CLS turned off, I should be able to transfer kerbals anywhere on a vessel. I even tried going into my part configs and enabling CLS passthrough on every part in between where they needed to go, but still got the same message with or without CLS/realism enabled.

Am I doing something wrong? :(

I might have also got the pictures the wrong way around.

Edited by PhilMcgroin

Doesn't the stock game have some restrictions on crew transfers or something? Looking at your pictures, have you tried setting ShipManifest to override the stock crew transfer system? You have it unchecked in the image. Maybe that'll help.

On 5/25/2016 at 7:22 PM, karlack26 said:

Hello quick question, Is it a feature of your mod that limits when you can use ship manifest interface during flight. Like i click on the icon for ship manifest during a mission and nothing happens, though later it will work, then the window will disappear again. Not sure if bug or feature. I even tried moving the icon to blizzy 78s toolbar mod. 

I may have found the issue. I am using a procedural interstage fairing, attaching the upper node to my fasa mercury pod.
All works fine until that is the last decoupler in my staging. When i was using normal decoupler attached to the same pod,  ship manifest worked all the time. 
Perhaps it is getting confused as to what is attached.

Further examination.
 I put a craft into orbit with hyperedit.
Craft make up is 
(Stage 3) Procedural fuel tank - procedural interstage - 45 ton guidance unit on lower node.
(Stage 2) upper decoupler node - engine - procedural fuel tank - procedural fairing - girder - procedural fuel tank - procedural decoupler                                            (stage 1) Fasa mercury capsule - procedural fuselage - realchute- RP0 .300t probe core. 

Ship manifest (SM) works. When all of the above is in orbit. Works from the ground up to this point on a normal launch. But when I decouple stage 3 it stops working. With the above set up.
As i continue to stage SM never comes back.   

Second examination. 
I removed that procedural fairing in stage 2 
when staging stage 3 SM stops working. 

3rd examination.
The same setup as the previous test except  I replaced the procedural fuselage in stage 1 with a procedural fuel tank. I added htp to the fuel tank with space to add transfer more.
Stage 3 decoupling SM stopped working. 
Stage 2 decouple I was able to use SM again
SM could see the fasa mercury capsule and the the rp-0 probe core. 

I guess something to do with procedural fairings, decouplers and interstages.

Using kerbal 1.1.2
the latest releases of RO-RSS-RPO 
Using Fasa that was meant for 1.05. 

I have the same problems. I've done some tests and found that when I decouple a part within the atmosphere and it breaks, the SM Window disappears. The SM Button will still be green and the Debug Log won't show that there's a problem. After a while the window does come back but it gets really annoying when I'm trying to grind for more Science.

Thanks for the reports.  I will investigate.   I'm not sure what could be causing the window to stop responding though...  If you all can provide output logs or enable verbose logging in SM and enable to debug window, it should allow you to save the output from SM directly.

On a side note, stock crew transfers are problematic for all mods to handle.  Squad has not exposed enough of the process to allow interception before the transfer occurs, so we are left to "clean up the mess" after the stock system has performed the move.  There is a request in the bug tracker to request changes to allow better handling of this issue.   It will impact BOTH SM and CLS.

Thanks!

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 5/29/2016 at 3:06 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Thanks for the reports.  I will investigate.   I'm not sure what could be causing the window to stop responding though...  If you all can provide output logs or enable verbose logging in SM and enable to debug window, it should allow you to save the output from SM directly.

On a side note, stock crew transfers are problematic for all mods to handle.  Squad has not exposed enough of the process to allow interception before the transfer occurs, so we are left to "clean up the mess" after the stock system has performed the move.  There is a request in the bug tracker to request changes to allow better handling of this issue.   It will impact BOTH SM and CLS.

Thanks!

Okay, I've managed to save a Debug Log of when the SM Window disappears. Is there a way for me to share the file with you?

51 minutes ago, roun1 said:

Okay, I've managed to save a Debug Log of when the SM Window disappears. Is there a way for me to share the file with you?

Get a Dropbox account or similar file share (google drive, etc) upload the log and set to public share. Get the link and post it here.

Regarding the above bug reports: do any of them have CLS installed, and if so, do they have SM obeying it? If they do, try without it. It sounds very similar to an issue I had in KeepFit where it's window (and ShipManifest), would continually disappear and reappear during flight. Disabling the "Apply CLS Limits" within KeepFit (and iirc ShipManifest) seemed to resolve the matter. This was a couple months back maybe, so this might be a new issue. A bit of a long shot, I realize.

----

Anyway, the reason I'm here: is it possible still to add crew to empty seats on the launch pad? I seem to recall being able to do that at one point, but now it's either not an option or greyed out (saying either the Kerbal is unavailable, when it clearly says they are or that I need to select the source part, which I believe I have). Here are some pictures of me clicking the empty MK1 Pod within Ship Manifest in various ways and the resultant tooltip messages.

Cheers.

Spoiler

ULeHbBt.png

vSLhIe5.png

d1OUzdA.png

16 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Regarding the above bug reports: do any of them have CLS installed, and if so, do they have SM obeying it? If they do, try without it. It sounds very similar to an issue I had in KeepFit where it's window (and ShipManifest), would continually disappear and reappear during flight. Disabling the "Apply CLS Limits" within KeepFit (and iirc ShipManifest) seemed to resolve the matter. This was a couple months back maybe, so this might be a new issue. A bit of a long shot, I realize.

----

Anyway, the reason I'm here: is it possible still to add crew to empty seats on the launch pad? I seem to recall being able to do that at one point, but now it's either not an option or greyed out (saying either the Kerbal is unavailable, when it clearly says they are or that I need to select the source part, which I believe I have). Here are some pictures of me clicking the empty MK1 Pod within Ship Manifest in various ways and the resultant tooltip messages.

Cheers.

Reveal hidden contents

ULeHbBt.png

vSLhIe5.png

d1OUzdA.png

I think the disappearing windows is related. to the issue you describe above.

For the second issue, you can do this.   it is done a bit differently than you would suspect, so it is described in the SM Wiki in my OP direct link is here:  https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/wiki/1.5---Roster-Window

Read the section Adding a kerbal to an active Vessel.

56 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

I think the disappearing windows is related. to the issue you describe above.

For the second issue, you can do this.   it is done a bit differently than you would suspect, so it is described in the SM Wiki in my OP direct link is here:  https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/wiki/1.5---Roster-Window

Read the section Adding a kerbal to an active Vessel.

Ah, it was the Realism Setting, I had to turn it off. Suggestion? Maybe break that setting down further. I like portions of it, but not all of it - like removing/adding crew at the launch pad makes sense to me, but not in space for example. I like certain conveniences without the full blown cheat mode, and it seems to be largely one extreme or the other. Just a thought - it's a pretty minor inconvenience either way.

Cheers (and thanks).

I tried another break-up test using the KSP Debug Log instead of the Ship Manifest Debug Log, but I didn't see anything that seemed to relate to Ship Manifest.

Situation: I have a Kerbal on Ice (DeepFreeze). I go to check Roster (in space center) via Ship Manifest. NRE's for days (normally not an issue, but this is the first time with a Frozen).

Player.log here.

Ship Manifest log here. Nevermind, I can't upload it for some unfathomable reason, so see below.

Of possible interest is that there might be a typo...I'm assuming "Detials" below should be Details?

Error:  in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.GetFrozenKerbalDetials (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Error:  in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

15 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Situation: I have a Kerbal on Ice (DeepFreeze). I go to check Roster (in space center) via Ship Manifest. NRE's for days (normally not an issue, but this is the first time with a Frozen).

Player.log here.

Ship Manifest log here. Nevermind, I can't upload it for some unfathomable reason, so see below.

Of possible interest is that there might be a typo...I'm assuming "Detials" below should be Details?

at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.GetFrozenKerbalDetials (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Thanks.   Looking at it now.  Can you pass me your save file?

Edited by Papa_Joe

OIk, I've pushed a possible fix to Git.  if you want to test, in the distribution folder you will find the dll. here:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/tree/master/ShipManifest/Distribution/GameData/ShipManifest/Plugins

ShipManifest.dll.

Give it a whirl, and let me know if that knocks out the bug.

Silly question, but maybe I'm not understanding, this utterly replaces all current functionality of Crew Manifest, and having TAC Fuel Balancer is pretty much redundant, or am I mis-reading what the mod is capable of?

5 hours ago, Sherrif said:

Silly question, but maybe I'm not understanding, this utterly replaces all current functionality of Crew Manifest, and having TAC Fuel Balancer is pretty much redundant, or am I mis-reading what the mod is capable of?

IT replaces all Crew Manifest functionality, and expands on it.  Additionally it allows for multi resource, multiple vessel and multiple part resource transfers, as well as transferring Science.  Finally it has a dashboard for managing lights, antennas, solar panels, hatches, etc. on your vessel.  It also has built in support for Connected Living Space, DeepFreeze, RemoteTech, and others.

Currently it does NOT support fuel balancing, which is a feature of Tac, although that has been requested.  Also, you can read about it in the wiki which is in my signature.  

Try it out, and see if SM adds value to your game play.  If you don't like it, don't use it.  

Enjoy!

15 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

OIk, I've pushed a possible fix to Git.  if you want to test, in the distribution folder you will find the dll. here:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ShipManifest/tree/master/ShipManifest/Distribution/GameData/ShipManifest/Plugins

ShipManifest.dll.

Give it a whirl, and let me know if that knocks out the bug.

Wasn't expecting such a quick reply so I went to bed.:P

That seems to have fixed the issue and everything is working flawlessly. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Wasn't expecting such a quick reply so I went to bed.:P

That seems to have fixed the issue and everything is working flawlessly. Thanks!

Whilst the Roster screen seems fixed and not bugging out, frozen kerbals are not appearing. I'm helping Papa_Joe out to determine the issue there.

15 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Whilst the Roster screen seems fixed and not bugging out, frozen kerbals are not appearing. I'm helping Papa_Joe out to determine the issue there.

Then I have a new bug to report...Frozen Kerbals are appearing as normal (even under the Frozen tab)!:D

Unless you mean something different?

hYUxlmG.png

Just now, Deimos Rast said:

Then I have a new bug to report...Frozen Kerbals are appearing as normal (even under the Frozen tab)!:D

Unless you mean something different?

hYUxlmG.png

hmmm... ok... Thanks. I'll re-test it. It didn't show them for me.
zoClL4p.png