[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

I've run a comparison between my old version and my new version.   Results:

Is it a complex window? With lots of elements?

And is it a scrollable window? When using GUILayout all elements in scroll window are drawn regardless of whether they are actually on-screen.

1 hour ago, DMagic said:

Is it a complex window? With lots of elements?

And is it a scrollable window? When using GUILayout all elements in scroll window are drawn regardless of whether they are actually on-screen.

Thanks for the ideas, but JPLRepo found the issue.    I had my DeepFreeze detection scheme incorrectly set up.   It was spamming initilizations.   that might be resource intensive... (reflections)

Frame rate at a respectable level now.   back to final testing.

Finally!

New Release.

Version 5.0.0.0 - Release 22 Feb, 2016 - Massive Refactoring Edition. NEW! Realism Mode - Multiple simultaneous transfers & dumps.
- New:  Added ability queue transfers in realism mode.  you may now start and stop multiple transfers and or dumps simultaneously, 
        with the Vessel, Docked Vessels, individual parts or a selected group of parts.  Fuel Depot anyone?
- New:  Added ability to dump resources in flight in realism mode.  Dump process follows flow rate rules.  Dumps cannot be stopped/reversed.
        per forum discussions, this process is assumed to impart a zero thrust component upon the vessel.
- New:  Massive refactor and reorgainization of code (nothing was left untouched). 
        A tremendous amount of work for very little visible effect except maybe performance :). Sets the foundation for easier to manage/enhance code.
- New:  Added build package automation and distribution.
- New:  Removed need for DFInterface.dll.  Now using new reflection class method for soft dependency to DeepFreeze.
- Fixed:  In realism Mode, during Preflight, Fill and dump kerbals vessel wide was enabled.   Now disabled when Realism is on.
- Fixed:  Corrected nested control displays in settings.
- Fixed:  Corrected Errors with tooltip displays and tooltip settings.  Tooltips would show on certain windows when disabled in settings.
- Fixed:  Corrected staging error where SM cannot be displayed during launch.  

This one I'm pretty proud of.  Lots changed under the hood and the addition of multpile transfers (especially in vessel mode) make Ship manifest a powerful fuel station tool.

I've tested this pretty extensively, and beat i up pretty good.   However as I always say, the will be bugs.   Let me know as soon as you can and how to reproduce.

Thanks for using SM!

Coprrection.  Dumps in Realism mode can be stopped.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Uh huh. I downloaded the newest edition via CKAN. 5.0.0.0. Now I no longer have the ability to tranfer resources between docked vessels. Only between individual fuel tanks, which is a hell of a pain to do. Guess I'm downgrading to previous version!

2 hours ago, Kaerwek said:

Uh huh. I downloaded the newest edition via CKAN. 5.0.0.0. Now I no longer have the ability to tranfer resources between docked vessels. Only between individual fuel tanks, which is a hell of a pain to do. Guess I'm downgrading to previous version!

Say what??   I spent better than a month testing resource transfers.    vessel to vessel, parts to vessel multiple transfers in progress.... Please tell you are kidding.   I'm off to test and bang my head against a wall if it is true.

I just tested and i can confirm that the vessel list toggle buttons are not there.... O...M...G...    with all that testing.  Ok, let me fix it and get a new release out.    sigh......

Edited by Papa_Joe
Request for assistance

with the new version 5.0.0.0 when i click on the icon, ship manifest dont appear anymore, the icon goes green but nothing appear, but if i remove the folder and add it again, i can open ship manifest ingame 1 time but if i try to move the windows it disapear. 

37 minutes ago, nandhii said:

with the new version 5.0.0.0 when i click on the icon, ship manifest dont appear anymore, the icon goes green but nothing appear, but if i remove the folder and add it again, i can open ship manifest ingame 1 time but if i try to move the windows it disapear. 

I've heard of this issue but I cannot reproduce.    Are you running OSX?

13 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

I've heard of this issue but I cannot reproduce.    Are you running OSX?

im running on win7 64bits and and use this :  "-force-d3d11 -force-opengl -popupwindow"

im playing with the older ship manifest  version 4.4.2 and it work fine

Edited by nandhii

Ok.

21 hours ago, nandhii said:

im running on win7 64bits and and use this :  "-force-d3d11 -force-opengl -popupwindow"

Ok, I found the issue.  this came up before but seemed to be only on osx and linux.    It should be corrected in the next release (as soon as I can get the vessels buttons to appear in the Transfer Window).

Update.  Found the vessel buttons display issue.   one of the last refactoring changes exposed a bug that had been previously hidden by the old pattern.   I'm testing now, but release will be withing an hour of so.

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 2/24/2016 at 10:49 PM, nandhii said:

Can you even run with those options? -force-d3d11 and -force-opengl are mutually exclusive. Either one works or the other, not both.

I don't know if that will contribute to any issues, but you should pick one. There's no telling which it's actually using.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix84 said:

Can you even run with those options? -force-d3d11 and -force-opengl are mutually exclusive. Either one works or the other, not both.

I don't know if that will contribute to any issues, but you should pick one. There's no telling which it's actually using.

is it a fullscreen popup or not?

also, update news.    I've still got some regression bugs in the transfers.  working but some weird display behavior. so release later today.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I think I found a bug concerning KIS compatibility. I had a few Kerbals swap seats (in the same pod) and it seems like their inventories didn't come along. At first it seemed like I lost everything, and wasn't sure why. Then a little while later I realized one of them had everything that had originally belonged to another. And I'm pretty sure they were two that I had swapped seats with one another. There was a third Kerbal who lost everything as well, and I don't think her stuff every turned up. I think I had her swap seats with an empty seat, and then with nobody in the seat she left the inventory disappeared. Both cases seemed to suggest that the inventories weren't coming along with the seat swaps.

I searched the topic first and it seemed like there were some KIS compatibility issues in the past... but it seems to have been a matter of transferring Kerbals between different parts of the ship. I figure the seat swapping may have been a separate issue that didn't get fixed with that update.

I'm getting an issue where the transfer sounds keep playing continuously long after the transfer is completed, the vessels disconnected, and switched to a Kerb instead of a ship. It continues through scene changes, between play mode and map mode, and even after the kerb on EVA boards the ship. It continues through time warps. It happens when I use ] to toggle between ships, flags and debris. It continues when I activate another sound, like firing up engines. When I use the scrol wheel, the pitch changes momentarily, but then it returns back to the same sound. 

It's super annoying, and never happened until after I upgraded. 

Windows, 32 Bit, 1.05, using same save game I used before upgrading Ship Manifest. 

Edited by Torgo

On 3/1/2016 at 10:12 PM, Torgo said:

I'm getting an issue where the transfer sounds keep playing continuously long after the transfer is completed, the vessels disconnected, and switched to a Kerb instead of a ship. It continues through scene changes, between play mode and map mode, and even after the kerb on EVA boards the ship. It continues through time warps. It happens when I use ] to toggle between ships, flags and debris. It continues when I activate another sound, like firing up engines. When I use the scrol wheel, the pitch changes momentarily, but then it returns back to the same sound. 

It's super annoying, and never happened until after I upgraded. 

Windows, 32 Bit, 1.05, using same save game I used before upgrading Ship Manifest. 

Thanks.   I'll see what's what.    I did expect bugs.    Although, I thought my testing was better than that.

On 2/29/2016 at 11:15 AM, jofwu said:

I think I found a bug concerning KIS compatibility. I had a few Kerbals swap seats (in the same pod) and it seems like their inventories didn't come along. At first it seemed like I lost everything, and wasn't sure why. Then a little while later I realized one of them had everything that had originally belonged to another. And I'm pretty sure they were two that I had swapped seats with one another. There was a third Kerbal who lost everything as well, and I don't think her stuff every turned up. I think I had her swap seats with an empty seat, and then with nobody in the seat she left the inventory disappeared. Both cases seemed to suggest that the inventories weren't coming along with the seat swaps.

I searched the topic first and it seemed like there were some KIS compatibility issues in the past... but it seems to have been a matter of transferring Kerbals between different parts of the ship. I figure the seat swapping may have been a separate issue that didn't get fixed with that update.

Yes, this issue did occur in the past, and I attempted to correct the issue.   It would appear it is not fixed.   I will examine the code to see what may be needed.  I had added an event to allow for crew transfer detection, but it seems that may not be working.

New Release.

Version 5.0.0.1 - Release 07 Mar, 2016 - Massive Refactoring Edition. NEW! Realism Mode - Multiple simultaneous transfers & dumps.
- New:  Added Volume controls in the sound tab of the Settings Window.   They had long been in the settings file, but not in the UI. I don't know why...
- New:  Science Transfers:  Added ability to process unprocessed in science labs. Git Issue #14
- Fixed:  Windows disappear on settings save.
- Fixed:  Windows disappear on window resolution changes.
- Fixed:  Vessel Transfers were not visible.
- Fixed:  Vessel Transfers were not behaving properly.
- Fixed:  Transfer souncds continue playing afer transfer complete.
- Fixed:  Science Tooltips (and others) scrolling off screen on long lists.  Git Issue #18

This should take care of the glaring errors, and the bugs recently reported.  I also managed to squash a couple of older bugs.

Let me know what else is screwed up.... :)

I don't know if this has been already asked, but I have a problem with the crew transfer sounds. The problem is that... the plugin always plays the pump sounds, even when I'm transferring crew!

I checked the settings and they seem ok. Currently, the settings in the SMSettings.dat file are the following ones:

PumpSoundStart = ShipManifest/Sounds/59328-1
PumpSoundRun = ShipManifest/Sounds/59328-2
PumpSoundStop = ShipManifest/Sounds/59328-3
CrewSoundStart = ShipManifest/Sounds/14214-1
CrewSoundRun = ShipManifest/Sounds/14214-2
CrewSoundStop = ShipManifest/Sounds/14214-3
PumpSoundVol = 1
CrewSoundVol = 1

I tried to switch the values between the pump and crew transfer groups using the textboxes in the settings window, I hit the save button and nothing changed.

The problem arose a couple of updates ago, but still persists today, with the latest one (the one released today).

Can anybody help me?

Strange, I'm not seeing that behavior.  However, since I did add volume controls in settings, try to turn down the sound.    Let me know it that works.  

Edit:  Also, at the moment, changes to sounds requires a scene change.    I'll look at changing that behavior in the next release.

Edited by Papa_Joe

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Strange, I'm not seeing that behavior.  However, since I did add volume controls in settings, try to turn down the sound.    Let me know it that works.  

Edit:  Also, at the moment, changes to sounds requires a scene change.    I'll look at changing that behavior in the next release.

The volume sliders work after switching between ships, but changing the values in the sound files textboxes does nothing and it always plays the fuel pump sound.

39 minutes ago, MscG said:

The volume sliders work after switching between ships, but changing the values in the sound files textboxes does nothing and it always plays the fuel pump sound.

Thanks for the feedback.  What OS are you running?

Also, it is the running sound, correct?    I use 3, start, running, and stop...

Edited by Papa_Joe

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but it hasn't impacted my gameplay too much, but with the new release, I figured now might be a good time, especially since it didn't fix the issue. I know you have worked hard to integrate this with DeepFreeze (just from searching this thread at least), but unfortunately Ship Manifest refuses to play well with that mod. Specifically, the Roster feature. In the previous version, the UI would become all jumbled, but be kind of usable. In the latest version, it just straight closes or doesn't work (maybe the dependency change?).

In game details: I have no frozen Kerbals nor have I even used any DeepFreeze parts on any active ships.

The Ship Manifest log (see below for it) states:

at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.GetFrozenKerbalDetials (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Error:  in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

I should also state, I have a lot (a lot) of other mods installed, so something else could be the issue. But, the thing is, I've had this problem for over a month or more, many things in my installation have changed, but this has been a constant. I seem to recall it not being like this at one point, but I can't recall if something changed (obviously something must have, maybe a DeepFreeze update? There have been several since).

Here are my logs (ship manifest and player.log); I'm on Linux x64 bit.

It's a minor issue to be sure, but it does kind of kill a key feature. If you need more details from me, let me know.

Cheers (and thanks for the great mod:))

4 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Thanks for the feedback.  What OS are you running?

Also, it is the running sound, correct?    I use 3, start, running, and stop...

I'm on Windows. The order of the sounds is correct, but it's like it's using default values for file names, ignoring what you've typed into the settings 

On 3/7/2016 at 3:41 PM, Deimos Rast said:

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but it hasn't impacted my gameplay too much, but with the new release, I figured now might be a good time, especially since it didn't fix the issue. I know you have worked hard to integrate this with DeepFreeze (just from searching this thread at least), but unfortunately Ship Manifest refuses to play well with that mod. Specifically, the Roster feature. In the previous version, the UI would become all jumbled, but be kind of usable. In the latest version, it just straight closes or doesn't work (maybe the dependency change?).

In game details: I have no frozen Kerbals nor have I even used any DeepFreeze parts on any active ships.

The Ship Manifest log (see below for it) states:

at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.GetFrozenKerbalDetials (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Error:  in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

I should also state, I have a lot (a lot) of other mods installed, so something else could be the issue. But, the thing is, I've had this problem for over a month or more, many things in my installation have changed, but this has been a constant. I seem to recall it not being like this at one point, but I can't recall if something changed (obviously something must have, maybe a DeepFreeze update? There have been several since).

Here are my logs (ship manifest and player.log); I'm on Linux x64 bit.

It's a minor issue to be sure, but it does kind of kill a key feature. If you need more details from me, let me know.

Cheers (and thanks for the great mod:))

Nope that is definitely a bug.   Happens when you open the roster?   always or just in one scene or the other?  Ok I see it in the logs.... that would be every time you open it.

Edit:   my copy is running fine.   Win 10 x64, What version of Deepfreeze are you using?  there was a period of incompatability as I understand, based on reading the thread.    I'd been absent for a bit and missed it

Version I'm running is:  0.20.3

Edited by Papa_Joe