I was wrong

KBMODIGITY

I never found out about transmission spamming, so I never used it. I think that career mode in its current state is not intended for endgame players, and THAT is the reason for frustration for me. Endgame players are starving for content. I was extremely disappointed by the cancellation of resources, but I am open to other endgame features (whatever they may be). It's only discouraging that there is nothing planned for us.

I never found out about transmission spamming, so I never used it. I think that career mode in its current state is not intended for endgame players, and THAT is the reason for frustration for me. Endgame players are starving for content. I was extremely disappointed by the cancellation of resources, but I am open to other endgame features (whatever they may be). It's only discouraging that there is nothing planned for us.

Well my friend, when they do implement currency and reputation I would think that will bring a whole new level to the game. Veterans will have a new challenge infront of them as to sticking to a budget and things like, well you killed your last 4 kerbals in flight so we aren't going to give you as much funding this time around. I would imagine that will bring a whole new dimension to the game. Those that don't like it as I have seen on the forums here can stick to sandbox. Either way it sounds win/win for everyone.

Remember the game is still in development, let the creators create. Yes I have been frustrated myself with certain aspects. But then again I'm not the one sitting there day in and day out working on it, so who am I to complain, and in the same regard, who is anyone to complain? No one can say that even as the game stands now that they don't love it because if they didn't they wouldn't be spending hours a day playing it and I have yet to read a post where someone says otherwise. Frustrations are there yes, but that would be expected buying a game in its alpha stage.

Love the game for what it is and as I stated in a previous post, when has squad let us down? Seems like all they ever do is good for all and are making the game better and better for all day by day, with every update, so let them work. Let them finish their project.

I think carrier mode science and resources would be a totally different area. Carrier mode is a way to learn, to have a sense of progress, and to feel the limits, but it is as hard as you want it to be.

But resources would open up a new level of planning/building, where you design your stations, ships, routes, colonies together, and eventually build up an interplanetary system. Yes kethane is good, but its just something like a placeholder (still, awesome placeholder, i think its the most popular mod). The original plans for resources would have been much better, and would offer a lot more complexity.

I never engaged in transmission spamming but I still unlocked everything with ~8 flights in 0.22. Unless they made the tree more expensive to unlock it's still pretty easy to spam the Mun for a gazillion science points. I agree with your general sentiment though

I guess we´ll see an extensive rebalancing of science points/tech costs, as soon as they have added additional Biomes to the larger planets (like Duna and Eve)

I guess we´ll see an extensive rebalancing of science points/tech costs, as soon as they have added additional Biomes to the larger planets (like Duna and Eve)

I've been waiting for you...

I don't know if extensive rebalancing is necessarily a good idea either, as newer players will have a real tough time unlocking stuff if interplanetary missions become mandatory to get to the higher tech levels

I'm just reading about the resource issue.

Noob question, but are we going to get resources eventually, or not at all?

It would be neat to have to move heavy mining equipment to far far off planets to mine fuel to keep ur fleets exploring. Give you an excuse to build bases and maybe resource scanning satilites.

I'm just reading about the resource issue.

Noob question, but are we going to get resources eventually, or not at all?

It would be neat to have to move heavy mining equipment to far far off planets to mine fuel to keep ur fleets exploring. Give you an excuse to build bases and maybe resource scanning satilites.

For now, you just have to do with the Kethane mod

This well put, .23 play did help to lessen my sadness about resource loss.

I too hit a wall and thankfully was forced to get creative to continue progression.

I will be interested to see where contracts and crew stats take us. Squad's decision reguarding development focus is appreciated and supported with renewed confidence.

If I get that upset about resources, I can always install Kethane.

I'd be suprised if the devs didn't add something like resources in at some point. It just might be far in the future and might even be part of an add-on pack/expansion someday. I can deal.

I feel like .23 was a great overall playability upgrade. The pacing, smoothness, and interface all took nice updates (Tossing tweakables in with interface because all it's really doing is making things always possible intuitive and accessible), and I think it puts them in a much better place going forward to expand the game. Keep in mind that in order to expand the scope they will occasionally need time to go back and tighten all the loose nuts and bolts from old code. Resources were not canned, resources as they were being planned were canned, they are hoping to involve them in a much more fun and involving way later which I think is better for the game overall. We have Kethane as a great example of what can be done with a mod and nothing is stopping other people from making their own resource mod to expand upon / replace Kethane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.