No Dry Weight?

Won't help unfortunately Tomahawk, the info is indeed gone, looks like it was missed when the UI was updated.

:(

Considering we can now launch empty tanks (making such dry mass info all the more important), I do agree that this was definitely not intended.

Well, time to resort to the wiki for the dry mass values.

You can calculate it from the info:

Mass: 36.0

Liquid Fuel/Mass: 14.40

Oxidizer/Mass: 17.60

But it sure is not as comfortable.

It would be nice if the mass was displayed as Dry mass plus mass of the contents:

Mass: 4.0 + 32.0

or

Mass: 36.0 (4.0 + 32.0)

Fuel Crossfeed Capable was also taken off with the UI, I noticed. Looks like it still needs some work XD (I also can't stand the borderless GUI's lol).

Dry mass is pretty important for calculating dV by hand, and I use that for quite a few of my interplanetary vessels. I'd definitely like it back =P

Fuel Crossfeed Capable was also taken off with the UI, I noticed. Looks like it still needs some work XD (I also can't stand the borderless GUI's lol).

Dry mass is pretty important for calculating dV by hand, and I use that for quite a few of my interplanetary vessels. I'd definitely like it back =P

Odd, I know that the decouplers specify that they AREN'T crossfeed capable in 0.23.

This is an excellent point. While they're at it, they can add units to everything too! :D

"LiquidFuel: 180.0" ... 180.0 what? :P

Fuel Crossfeed Capable was also taken off with the UI, I noticed.

Yes and no. Parts that are NOT crossfeed compatible are labeled as such, so you can simply assume that crossfeed compatible is the default.

=Smidge=

This is an excellent point. While they're at it, they can add units to everything too! :D

"LiquidFuel: 180.0" ... 180.0 what? :P

Yes and no. Parts that are NOT crossfeed compatible are labeled as such, so you can simply assume that crossfeed compatible is the default.

=Smidge=

I've always just assumed weight is in Tons and liquid is in Liters. That's probably a terrible hodgepodge of unit systems, but that's how my mind worked it out.

I've always just assumed weight is in Tons and liquid is in Liters. That's probably a terrible hodgepodge of unit systems, but that's how my mind worked it out.

Liquid fuel and oxidizer are 5 kg per unit.

Monopropellant is 4 kg per unit.

Xenon is 0.1 kg per unit.

EVA fuel has zero weight.

Volume units of either do not match any reasonable values.

Edited by Kasuha

Decouplers have not been crossfeed capable for some time, and now only parts that don't crossfeed will have the text notifying you of such, in other words all parts are able to crossfeed unless otherwise stated :)

Oh ok, thanks! That was what was getting me then XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.