UniverseBreaker [Heavy WIP]

LaydeeDem

Well my little tinkerings with plugins has become something worth showing off now.

I don't have much of a plan yet, so just enjoy these pictures of the new and improved Minmus:

I've changed it into a tiny asteroid/comet only 8km in radius.

screenshot20.png

Jeb heads towards a huge peak:

screenshot21.png

It's really easy to get in orbit here:

screenshot22.png

Jeb spots an ice lake:

screenshot23.png

Going down:

screenshot24.png

Woah:

screenshot26.png

Woah x2:

screenshot29.png

And a GIF:

KSP%202013-12-19%2023-14-19-31.gif

A ton of thanks to these people:

NathanKell - Config node help and permission to use some of his source code.

Aftokinito - For allowing me use of his PlanetAPI code. No new planets yet though.

NovaSilisko - Coding tips and inspiration.

I do really appreciate the effort, but with the influx of planet mods I think it is becoming important for a modification to have a certain game plan and to fill a certain nice. Another set of tweaked KSP bodies is quickly losing its selling point.

I do really appreciate the effort, but with the influx of planet mods I think it is becoming important for a modification to have a certain game plan and to fill a certain nice. Another set of tweaked KSP bodies is quickly losing its selling point.

So in your opinion KW Rocketry, B9 aerospace, and Stretchy SRB should all be discontinued because we already have fuel tanks? I understand your point, but there's a reason "Heavy WIP" is in the title.

Some of this you can do by just editing RSS's config file, Dooz.

Nutt007: as I said on Nova's thread, looks like you need to vastly decrease the deformity value, and decrease frequency too.

Yeah, I know. I just don't have much pictures to show off. I'm visiting family for Christmas and all I have to use atm is a chromebook, which is less of a capable computer than my phone. :,<

So in your opinion KW Rocketry, B9 aerospace, and Stretchy SRB should all be discontinued because we already have fuel tanks?

That would be misunderstanding what I said. Those projects have a game plan for sure, even if that leads to parts that overlap.

That would be misunderstanding what I said. Those projects have a game plan for sure, even if that leads to parts that overlap.

Ah I see what you mean. I do have a long term plan :gethype: but for the short term this is just a place to put my experiments while I wait for Alternis Kerbol to be released so I have something better to work off of instead of the mess of code I have right now.

I was actually thinking of making a binary asteroid similar to Hermes.

Use a seed, a random algorithm and a few limit variables to generate asteroid fields "procedurally" instead of hardcoding them.

THAT would be epic :)

PS: Remember that you can make the OrbitRender invisible so it does not show the orbit on the Planetorium so you can basically hide all the asteroids' orbits except one to keep things clean.

I was actually thinking of making a binary asteroid similar to Hermes.

Not gonna work with the current orbit system if you mean two objects of roughly the same size. Can't make a barycenter without there basically being a singularity at the center of it. It'll look okay from a distance but behave absolutely nothing like how it should.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.