Time Problems

Hi there.

I have just downloaded the new version of KSP. I built a test orbiter, to test the new parameters. However, when I launch, time seems to be running slower than it did in 0.22. Is anyone else getting this? And how can I solve it?

Edited by sneezedr424

This may be a stupid assumption, but it could just be that installing the new version set your graphics settings to default, reducing your frame rate. Or maybe the vessel you're using has a really low TWR? I've been trying to stress test everything since the update but so far the only real problems I've come across have been camera and context-menu related.

It may have been, I'll try changing that and get back to you. It has been odd, because it's not the jerky lag I'm used to, it just seems like the game is going in slow motion.

EDIT: OK so I looked, and tested, and it's still going on. The regular time rate is one game second for every two seconds in real life. If I accelerate to 2X, then regular time goes on, so I'm just going to have to do all launches with time accelerator.

Edited by sneezedr424

The default maximum physics delta thing setting was changed. If you go into settings and change it from 0.04 back to the original 0.1 you should see an improvement (you can see if the system is bogging down if the mission time changes to yellow or red).

However I think the reason for the change was to try and reduce the number of physics glitches (when things seem to explode or come apart for no reason) by trading time for accuracy when the physics system was under high load and making time move slower instead of the game becoming really laggy. If you change it back to 0.1 you will face the same risk of glitches that you did in .22. If you build big rockets that seem to explode at lot you might want to leave it at 0.04.

I was wondering if this is the new way lag manifests in the update to the Unity engine. Where before we would get slideshow style lag where everything slows to a crawl, now the graphics and camera remain at 100% while the physics chug along at their best rate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.