Why wont devs add simple yet usuable tweaks?

I would like the O key to reopen a maneuver node that just collapsed. And undo for the last tweak I made to the maneuver node.

Plus, the ability to set the conic draw mode and conic patch limit in the game would be nice... these options could be in the Alt-F12 dialog box where they won't confuse beginners.

I love you for this of reopening node or undoing last change to it.

But what is this limit about, can you elaborate?

I love you for this of reopening node or undoing last change to it.

But what is this limit about, can you elaborate?

The game has a default limit of... either 2 or 3, I forget. This limit is basically the amount of encounters (SOI changes) ahead that the game will show. It's really useful to have a bigger limit (around 5-8) when in the Jool system, with all its moons. YOu can get some wonderfully wacky-looking trajectories going, with all the SOI changeovers.

I know Harvester planned to include the conic patch draw mode and (maybe) limit settings in the map screen interface somewhere when it was first implemented... I'm holding out on the hope that it'll be included with some sort of flight planning interfaces in the midst of all the Career mode updates.

That'd be awesome. I use the fancy PreciseNode mod which gives you almost everything you need. One thing that I think the game needs is a bit of a better UI for calculating ejection angles and phase angles between bodies. As it stands, the maneuveur nodes work fantastically between two bodies with only one SOI in between (ie: Kerbin to Mun, etc), but when there's an intervening SOI (usually the Sun), it becomes very difficult to set up your burn, because of the distances involved. Having PreciseNode helps a lot as you can edit your burn whilst looking at the 'bigger picture', but at the moment there's no real way to work out where to set a node, apart from a lot of clicking, testing, zooming in and out again and again, etc.

But that's a minor gripe of mine :)

Having a good interface for your game should always be high priority. Adding exit to menu and exit to windows buttons would be a a couple of lines of code. It'd take minutes to add. They're standard things that all polished games have, they could probably copy/paste it from any other game that uses the same engine. You can already use alt-f4 to exit the game, but there isn't an equivalent if you want to exit to menu.

Have you ever taken a game and added such a menu? If no, than you have no god damn clue how long such a thing would take.

Also, this is not a polished game. It's early acces

Yes it does. :)

Hmm, good to know. I see the Space Center overview as a menu. If you ask me, the time should be paused when in a menu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.