I am a teacher and am looking for help.

Beta Ray

Requirements needed:

A copy of KSP :P

English as your first language

Good pronunciation

Patient

Friendly

Since I only have two of these requirements(I don't intend to use Skype, English is my second language, I doubt I pronounce it correctly, and I'm not always patient), I guess I'm out. :sealed:

And also, my time zone is GMT -3, so I might not be able to appear.

Edited by Commissioner Tadpole

I think I can help,

I am 15 and I am from Latvia, my time zone is only 6 hours from yours, but I think I can manage.

I speak Eglish very well, even better than you native language.

Yes you said Eglish is supposed to be my primary language, but I won 1st place once and 3rd place twice in the republic English Olympiad. Once you hear me speak, you will be amazed, I can speak English fluently without any problems.

I will be happy to teach the kids about rocketry. I was flying a very complex space simulator called Orbiter 2010(freeware) when I was 12, so docking spacecraft on a realistic docking simulator in Paris was too easy for me.

I have a powerful laptop with Skype and a good Internet connection with a low ping.

You can put me on hold for now, if there is someone else, take them.

I have an experience with children, I worked for a week as an intern in a summer school in France and the kids loved me :)

I often made match rockets for them.

Considering my accent,it is easy to understand(my accent is mostly American because when I first started learning English, I was taught in an American intl. school)

You might not have heard, but there is also an amazing piece of software called Space Engine(freeware) which in my opinion is better than universe sandbox. It is very realistic and has amazing graphics.

Edited by iDan122

I am going to have a little gathering at my office to try to get new students and I thought this would be a perfect time to get everyone together for a group discussion about KSP.

I have decided to use Google Hangouts instead for this so you need to install Google Hangout.

The meeting will be Saturday (8th) at 2:00pm my time (Taipei).

PM me and I will give you my email address so you can add me on Google Hangout.

You can use this site to see what time it is for you if you need assistance: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Edited by Beta Ray

Hey, Beta Ray. Your idea is really cool. Let me know if there's anything that the KSP team and I can do to help out. Also if you plan on doing this more regularly, you might want to consider KerbalEdu, a mod made specifically for use in the classroom: http://www.kerbaledu.com/

Thanks for the suggestion. However, MinecraftEdu and KerbalEdu only offer their products/services to schools.

They do not consider homeschooling 'shooling' and do not sell their products to homeschoolers like me. :(

Thanks for the suggestion. However, MinecraftEdu and KerbalEdu only offer their products/services to schools.

I am not a schooler by either definition so I could be wrong here, but I was under the impression that while you can buy KSP at a discount through the KerbalEdu program, the mod itself (when it comes out) is going to just be a regular mod that anybody could install.

5thhorseman - Even though their website states that they only sell to registered schools and their application form is for registered schools, I contacted MinecraftEdu about 8 months ago. One of their representatives told me that MinecraftEdu only sales to registered schools. Since they are the ones who are making KerbalEdu, I do not think their stance on homeschoolers will change.

ttb - Hello! This Saturday (8th) at 2:00pm my time (Taipei) I would love for some of you to stop in my Google Hangout and chat during my open house. PM for my email. :)

If the offer is still open, I am currently unemployed (not that I would seek financial compensation - I'm just trying to say that I have the time on my hands). I've got teaching experience, currently studying aerospace engineering, and I know my way around KSP pretty well. I'd love to help!

Reposting in case anyone missed it:

Video Group Chat using Google Hangout

The meeting will be this Saturday (8th) at 2:00pm my time (Taipei).

PM me and I will give you my email address so you can add me on Google Hangout.

Here is a countdown clock to when the meeting will take place:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20131228T14&p0=1068&msg=Q-bit+Labs+Brainstorm

[...]Where I live (Baltimore County, MD), we had to have our parents fill out a release form if we wanted out names and faces to be broadcast through any type of media.[...]

Just to resolve this cultural impact: Is this a requirement by law in Maryland? Or is it just a school-specific rule?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.