Idle speculation

Lar-E

What percent DONE do we think the game is at this point? (By 'done', I mean a KSP 1.0 beta release) 23%? 50%? More? Less?

I tend to guess higher; there is a long laundry list of little things to fix, but the meat of it seems to be almost all there at this point. But what do I know? Not much!

What do you guys think?

It's pretty much impossible to say, from our perspective as well as Squad's I think.

While Harv seems to have a general idea of what the game should look like when it's "done", they seem to constantly come up with new things and sometimes scrap old ideas.

Personally, I feel like career mode still needs a lot of work and there are a few things in terms of rocket construction and general underlying systems that I feel need some work still. While building rockets themselves works absolutely fine now, they're not exactly aesthetically pleasing most of the time if you want to get any kind of payload into space. I'd also love to see n-body gravity calculations (which will most likely never happen, but hey, we thought the same thing about official multiplayer, right?), proper aerodynamics and re-entry heat that is actual heat rather than pretty flashing lights.

Feature wise, 60-70%, code wise, around 20%. They've got lot's of stuff to do when it comes to multiplayer, optimizations and whatever will replace resources.

Agreed. While I'm not sure, I think once multiplayer, missions and rep are added, that will make the game feature complete. Then the arduous slog of tweaking begins.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.