KSP is too addictive!

Relaxynaut

Hello,

I've been playing ksp on and off for the last few months. Every time I get in to it I notice how much the game "consumes" me. I cant think of anything else allday than my next mission. So as selfpreservation I delete the game only to reinstall after a couple of days.

Does anyone experience the same behavior?

But I do keep returning because of the ever improving gameplay, the great community and sheer depth of the possibilities the game offers.

I do have one more question: I'm loving the carrier mode but do I loose my progress with the next update or is it possible to patch and keep my science points? I realize its still in beta but i was just wondering...

Tnxs!

I start a new career mode every other week... It gets too addictive so I stop, only to want to start again because I have lost the "story" of my old save.

I have only ever kept a save across updates once because I had so many satellites in orbit around the kerbin system and rovers all over the place (in various states of repair).

Welcome. I found the addiction gets less once you know the game really well. Less challange.

Since the game is in alpha, some patches are going to break your saves. Trying to work around it to prevent that would only cost the devs a ton of extra work.

If you want to keep your science, you can manually edit your new save file to add as much science as you deem apropriate

Hello,

I've been playing ksp on and off for the last few months. Every time I get in to it I notice how much the game "consumes" me. I cant think of anything else allday than my next mission. So as selfpreservation I delete the game only to reinstall after a couple of days.

Does anyone experience the same behavior?

But I do keep returning because of the ever improving gameplay, the great community and sheer depth of the possibilities the game offers.

I do have one more question: I'm loving the carrier mode but do I loose my progress with the next update or is it possible to patch and keep my science points? I realize its still in beta but i was just wondering...

Tnxs!

No Offense but this is like accusing Third-Person-Shooters for Genocides. If you cant handle it and you are unable to control yourself, you shouldnt even think of touching your computer again and get some treatment.

Those are harsh words, I know. But I got faith in everybody to have the ability to step back from Computer Games once in a while when they get too addicted to it. :)

No offence taken.

I worked with people with addictions so I know it is no thing to joke lightly about. But I should have added a little winking smily to my original post. I just wanted to make the point that ksp is very very good!

Sorry for getting it all wrong then :D

Enjoy the game. It is one of these rare educational games that also are a lot of fun! :)

It is a state of rest in between sessions of KSP

What is this "between sessions" you speak of?

In all seriousness, this game indeed is amazingly addictive (and not completely pointless, like others). Though I'm sure no one really minds being addicted, and with good reason. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.