Idea for Career Mode DEEP IMPACT / ARMAGEDDON

Hello all. (and apologies if there is a similar thread somewhere??)

Can you all think about my suggestion and tell me if you reckon it's a good idea?

I would like to see an introduction of a 'killer' asteroid or comet that would be en-route to Kerbin. It would be upto the Kerbal Space Programme via Career Mode to:-

1. Develop a 'skywatch' system to map and track the solar system around Kerbin - therby leading to the identification and plotting of rogue asteroids / comets... you would have to decide if their trajectory was a threat to Kerbin....

2. Design and develop an 'intercept' craft to re-direct or destroy the oncoming object

This would give the Career mode an urgent focus and draw up on some pure panic when you first encounter the PLANET KILLER !!!!....

Many thanks for reading,

Hello all. (and apologies if there is a similar thread somewhere??)

Can you all think about my suggestion and tell me if you reckon it's a good idea?

I would like to see an introduction of a 'killer' asteroid or comet that would be en-route to Kerbin. It would be upto the Kerbal Space Programme via Career Mode to:-

1. Develop a 'skywatch' system to map and track the solar system around Kerbin - therby leading to the identification and plotting of rogue asteroids / comets... you would have to decide if their trajectory was a threat to Kerbin....

2. Design and develop an 'intercept' craft to re-direct or destroy the oncoming object

This would give the Career mode an urgent focus and draw up on some pure panic when you first encounter the PLANET KILLER !!!!....

Many thanks for reading,

As a scenario, in the Civ style, limited tech-tree, focused goals, this would be interesting. As the main focus of career mode it would be annoying and would cause many to simply sandbox. Career is a way to:

1. Ease new players into the game.

2. Give those that need one reasons to "shoot for the mun"

Career should not be an action movie plot.

Guest Brody_Peffley
Please warrant your very judgemental response with some substance...............why is it '********'?...

Because It would be annoying. Having asteroids coming into kerbin wasting your time wether it will hit kerbin.

I know what you mean..

Perhaps I didn't phrase my post properly...

The focus of the game, the direction of Career mode shouldn't be just for this one ultimate end - a threat to Kerbin..

Moreover that this would simply be a side-story to the ordinary developing career mode and tech development...

as you can explore more in the solar system, you start to see some worrying -stuff- !.

Cheers,

Edited by KasperVld

There is already a challenge based upon a doomsday scenario. In that case, it is how many Kerbals you can relocate to other worlds before Kerbal is destroyed.

Also, there is a Killer Asteroid mod out there that you can place on an intercept path.

To have this as part of Career mode? no, it is not going to happen. As a mod to play with, you can download it and set it up in Sandbox..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.