[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

RF is not yet updated for .24. There's some issues with auto-fill and not being able to remove resources.

What problems are you having? I'm running with a locally compiled RF and I haven't noticed any issues.

I tested 0.23.5 ver on 0.24 64bit, have only 1 problem, solid fuel rocked start empty and i can't fill it. Liqid rocket and tank appear work fine. (I use "stock" config and play in stock star system)

I tested 0.23.5 ver on 0.24 64bit, have only 1 problem, solid fuel rocked start empty and i can't fill it. Liqid rocket and tank appear work fine. (I use "stock" config and play in stock star system)

Are the fuel selection quick buttons showing for you?

While it works for me on .24 x64, I have to input the fuel amounts manually on the tanks instead of just pressing the % buttons on the right click menu.

I am trying to make *sure* it's not bleed-through from PP. But I can't swear to it. It's a very intermittent issue with the OnPartAttach message exceptioning, well, one of the problems is that.

I'll look again. I was NOT using PP. I was at first just using RF alone to make sure it was working, then I added TweakScale so I could fix the bug in TweakScale (Though turns out the author fixed it in the time between when I forked it and submitted a PR lol), and everything seemed to be fine. However I did not play with it extensively so I might have missed something.

Confirmed there are serious issues with event handling, both for onAttach and on symmetry counterpart attach. The mod seems to actually *work* ok, but I'm worried what's breaking under the surface.

I will put up an official beta though.

And .24.1 actually makes things pretty stable, so I'm going for an official release.

Note that I HAVE REMOVED ALL REMAINING ENGINE CONFIGS. You *must* use an engine pack.

Changelog:

v7.0 \/

*Add tanks to more FS parts

*Disable TweakScale on any part with a ModuleEngineConfigs / ModuleHybridEngine*

*TACLS now supports RF/MFT natively, so removed TACLS interaction cfg.

*Enable ElectricCharge in fuselages

*Update ElectricCharge utilization to be 500 rather than 100 (mass per EC unchanged). Now it quite closely matches Silver Zinc Oxide batteries in volume as well as mass.

*Spanier: add KSPX Short 2.5m RCS config.

*Revert to showing the full precision volume of tanks.

*Removed configs for B9 jets and rockets; use AJE.

*Removed last remaining engine configs (Starwaster's NTRs, TT Vector engine)--use an engine pack!

*By default bring back up the mass of solid fuel in a part to where it was pre-RF. Later configs will override.

*Temporarily disable the "dedicated" setting for tanks, it's just causing issues.

*Update to 0.24.1

Does this mod play nicely with the new/latest version of KW rocketry? Thinking of starting a hardcore playthrough and want to know if I should hold off KW until everything has settled down.

Excellent work as always btw :)

Edited by Snillum101

And .24.1 actually makes things pretty stable, so I'm going for an official release.

Note that I HAVE REMOVED ALL REMAINING ENGINE CONFIGS. You *must* use an engine pack.

Changelog:

v7.0 \/

*Add tanks to more FS parts

*Disable TweakScale on any part with a ModuleEngineConfigs / ModuleHybridEngine*

*TACLS now supports RF/MFT natively, so removed TACLS interaction cfg.

*Enable ElectricCharge in fuselages

*Update ElectricCharge utilization to be 500 rather than 100 (mass per EC unchanged). Now it quite closely matches Silver Zinc Oxide batteries in volume as well as mass.

*Spanier: add KSPX Short 2.5m RCS config.

*Revert to showing the full precision volume of tanks.

*Removed configs for B9 jets and rockets; use AJE.

*Removed last remaining engine configs (Starwaster's NTRs, TT Vector engine)--use an engine pack!

*By default bring back up the mass of solid fuel in a part to where it was pre-RF. Later configs will override.

*Temporarily disable the "dedicated" setting for tanks, it's just causing issues.

*Update to 0.24.1

So seeing a lot of "USE AN ENGINE PACK!" in there.

Do you have links to the correct working engine packs?

So seeing a lot of "USE AN ENGINE PACK!" in there.

Do you have links to the correct working engine packs?

The links for the engine packs are in the second post after the OP. (Had to correct myself there :P )

I'm using the stock-alike engine cfg and it all seems to work fine, though its not been updated since before 0.24 so certain things like the new engines may not work.

Edited by Snillum101
Wrong info :/

The links for the engine packs are in the second post after the OP. (Had to correct myself there :P )

I'm using the stock-alike engine cfg and it all seems to work fine, though its not been updated since before 0.24 so certain things like the new engines may not work.

Ok good, now to wait for the Realism overhaul to be updated and AJE, and I think my RO install will be ready to update to .24.1. And odds are SQUAD will fix .24.1 again and break everything else. lol

The procedural parts module manager config doesn't seem to work, the RF procedural tanks don't show up, but the regular procedural tanks do.

EDIT: Real fuels doesn't appear to be being detected at all in 24.1 for me