Polar Duna Base Questions

so here we go,I'm finally building base at duna,and I wonder,would it be better to build it at north pole,or south pole?

Also,should I make base with wheels,or should it be able to fly? (fuel can be replenished with keth)

and one more,do jets work at duna?

so here we go,I'm finally building base at duna,and I wonder,would it be better to build it at north pole,or south pole?

Neither is a good place, there's a lot of crumpled terrain at both. But if I had to choose, I'd choose North pole.

North pole:

qfDQpz0.png

South pole:

DDIjLVH.png

ok,what the holy heck?

And so people ask me why am I afraid of Duna....

Almost all the poles have issues like that because the planets are saved as rectangular maps. The terrain is from the game "sowing" the ends together.

You should probably pick a base that is simply NEAR the pole, since most of it looks the same.

Almost all the poles have issues like that because the planets are saved as rectangular maps.

I've been to almost all poles in the game (except Eve) and I'd say its half and half. Many are pretty normal places.

Edit: actually, most poles are ok

Normal:

Moho South

Gilly (both)

Kerbin (both)

Minmus North

Ike (both)

Dres (both)

Laythe (both)

Bop North

Pol (both)

Eeloo (both)

Crumpled:

Mun (both)

Duna (both)

Vall (both)

Tylo (both)

Special:

Moho North - Mohole

Minmus South - Crack

Bop South - Crack

Edited by Kasuha

Sorry, can't resist. Seing those pictures of the surface of the poles reminded me of a dialogue I had a while ago, with an Australian.

Me: I live in Jerusalem. They say we have a Navel Of the Earth right here, like 5 clicks from my place.

Him: Ah well, it is better to live in Earths navel that in it's .......

: )

P.S. Hope I didn't violate any rules now, I got reprimanded recently by the mod...

Edited by BlackBicycle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.