InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

Don't worry guys things are still alive... had a minor family emergency so that has taken my focus away. If everything goes well tomorrow I plan on resuming work during the weekend.

Hope everything is ok bud.

LOVE the model ya got for the CIWS emplacement.

BTW, will there be a trending theme with the weapons? (WWII, Futuristic, KSP, etc...)

it seems to be a mix of ald and new, i mean, take a look at the browning video, then look at the CIWS,

so far, I'm diggin the stlye, but the CIWS looks a bit weird to me, and bombs seem older looking as well, so i have no idea i guess.

BTW, will there be a trending theme with the weapons? (WWII, Futuristic, KSP, etc...)

The only way I can comment would be... based on real life things from the last 100 years or so... with a slight garnishing of kerbal/sci-fi sauce. :)

The goal of Skillful is is to keep with the KSP tradition of possible but not easy...

That being said.. it will be fun for punishing things :)

Edited by InfiniteDice

This looks really cool man. I'm glad you went with your own design for the CIWS emplacement, the more compact turret design looks like it's easier to fit in more roles. When will Part2 be uploaded, I really want to see those weapons chew apart aircraft.

Question: Will turret rotation be dynamic? (meaning things stuck onto them won't just float in the air when the turret rotates?)

It seems to be a tricky bit of code to get that to work. It won't come that way for release 1..

A work around of course is simply slap an Infernal Robotics docking rotation part under the turret and things attached to it would then turn with the turret body.

The second video is now out.. I ran out of drive space so I had to move 100gb to my external 2tb drive... Plus it takes forever processing then uploading and commenting on a 20 minute video!

Does/will the guns have recoil? (When you fire the gun, it pushes you back the opposite way)

Mod looks awesome BTW

Would be awesome if guns in the area of 30-150mm that could be mounted seperatly (without turret) was introduced :)

Only if it's a missile that is closing distance to the gun. Can't have it shooting down civilian planes now can we? ;)

Good point

Will it only engage romfarer's missiles or will It engage rockets heading towards it.

Also it would be nice to have some static explosives that you can strap on to rockets or planes and has an explosive effect when you crash it.

Edited by epicfacecanada

Good point

Will it only engage romfarer's missiles or will It engage rockets heading towards it.

Also it would be nice to have some static explosives that you can strap on to rockets or planes and has an explosive effect when you crash it.

I can make engagement rules that would guess if something is hostile or not... then things get dangerous. If object x is getting closer to the gun, and it's moving at > x speed... and object x doesn't have a friendly IFF tag.... result? tag object x as hostile.

Easy to do... but then you better only approach with vessels that have a friendly tag.

On your second point, yes that can be done. It would then lend support to using stock parts as weapons.

sorry if im being a major annoyance, and pain in the butt, but i remember you saying long long ago, in a galaxy known as the milky way, that skillful weapons mod would be released the first or second day after 0.23 was release. im not trying to be pushy or to ask for release date, and i know most people here want skillfull weapons mod to be absolutely 100% perfect at release, dont you think it may be taking a tiny, TINY bit longer than expected? sorry if im a annoyance.

sorry if im being a major annoyance, and pain in the butt, but i remember you saying long long ago, in a galaxy known as the milky way, that skillful weapons mod would be released the first or second day after 0.23 was release. im not trying to be pushy or to ask for release date, and i know most people here want skillfull weapons mod to be absolutely 100% perfect at release, dont you think it may be taking a tiny, TINY bit longer than expected? sorry if im a annoyance.

From a user standpoint it would probably be annoying. I get that! :)

I can only go as fast as I am already going. 2 days (of available time) getting part saving working, 2+ days for fixing rockets, balancing, models, and on and on... multiply that by the 80 little things that make up Skillful... :)

I like to set goals for myself, if I can't make them... I can't make them, I don't get paid to do this after all.

In the end. If I release something wherein 1/2 of everything doesn't work quite right, people won't like it... I'll get discouraged and the mod dies. I tend to take longer because I catch 90% of the problems myself before I let anyone use it... this really cuts down on the stress factor and allows me to stay interested and focused on improving the mod over a longer period of time.

I know everyone is eager. Hell I'd be eager to try this as well. But (hopefully I'm not being annoying when I say this...) try making any mod... even a tiny mod, and see what it's like... it's fun but at the same time a bit nerve wracking! :)

Anyone remember watching this in the 80s? <hint>

mf3.jpg

Needless to say rockets are back in... managed to sort that out after many hours of frustration and having to fix all the placement rotations for the hard-points and ordinance. Thanks to Snjo, I was able to fix this faster and keep things moving forward.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.