InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

I was thinking of rotary bomb bays or whatever they're called. You know the thing that has bombs attached to it and it turns and deploys the bombs when they are at the bottom like a B-1b

Edited by 736

may i ask how in gods name did you get it up there?

... or did you hyper edit it up?

For some tests (construction bugs like this one with fuel, turn speed, etc) - yes. But normally I lift such big things with reusable Orion-based lifter stage.

Okay, now *that* is a WarShip. FTL and all.

@Dice, an idea- why not add (in THE FUTURE!) some form of more watercraft-based weaponry? As in, turrets and the like meant for broadsides and such.

14-inchers are awesome, but some 200mm or other such smaller-but-still-huge guns might be Coolâ„¢.

Patriot_missile_launch_b.jpgThe next weapons I think should be a missile box part like that on a Patriot system or MLRS where the rocket is in a box.

An upgraded and modernized Gau-8 would be sweet too.

Artillery anyone?

Rotatable 20mm cannon like the one on a striker

Pandur2_1457.JPG

I just realized that's a 40mm bofers whoops its cool too though

Okay, now *that* is a WarShip. FTL and all.

@Dice, an idea- why not add (in THE FUTURE!) some form of more watercraft-based weaponry? As in, turrets and the like meant for broadsides and such.

14-inchers are awesome, but some 200mm or other such smaller-but-still-huge guns might be Coolâ„¢.

The tank turret is 5" or 127mm.. which is a standard ship armament for destroyers and such. All that would be needed would be to wrap it in a naval turret, dual or triple mount. See Arizona BB here... 14" and 5" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Arizona_%28BB-39%29

My code as it is supports triple mounts but I haven't made one yet. I was thinking of a triple Vickers10/45 or 11.1" 283mm SK C/28 used on the Scharnhorst.

FTL drive assembly. No exposed reactors this time

Hahaha!

Yes in the latest version of Skillful - exposed is NOT GOOD! :)

EDIT: Those ammo crates are tasty looking... ;)

So... have you tried a back and forth exchange between two of these? I gotta say you are pushing the boundaries of your computer if all those CIWS were to activate at once. I stopped testing at 4 units as my computer was getting slow. Then again that could have been from the number of vessels/parts I had in my scene, and not the gun logic.

Edited by InfiniteDice

made this and am willing to give the craft file.... (how do i do that...? XD)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

yay for cargo ship!

you'll need firespitter,B9 i think KW or NP (nova punch) for the struts... i think that's it... oh also LLL for those 5 ton weights on the back

1) i don't know how much it can carry so don't ask.

2) it can go reasonably fast... but is a pig to control.

3) idk why i made it... i was bored.

Hey ID, hope everything good. All the guns, 50.Cal and 30mm DEFA, the bullets seem to either pass through anything or the actually bullet hovers above the part the got hit then just goes through. I'm using your update Dl, also. Ill try testing now.

Edit: Hmm.. I di some testing, the 50.cals do huge amounts of damage to a fuel tank. Wonder why, when I am in a plane, they do nothing?

Edited by Wolf123

Hey ID, hope everything good. All the guns, 50.Cal and 30mm DEFA, the bullets seem to either pass through anything or the actually bullet hovers above the part the got hit then just goes through. I'm using your update Dl, also. Ill try testing now.

Edit: Hmm.. I di some testing, the 50.cals do huge amounts of damage to a fuel tank. Wonder why, when I am in a plane, they do nothing?

Anything HE that penetrates a fuel tank has a good chance of making it explode. I'm a little confused as you mentioned bullets don't hit anything. After updating the dll, you'll likely need to open your crafts in the hangar then launch them fresh... any vessels already out in the game will likely have persistent code in the save.

I'm going to test shooting a plane... last I tested it, I could easily shoot any part of it.

Anything HE that penetrates a fuel tank has a good chance of making it explode. I'm a little confused as you mentioned bullets don't hit anything. After updating the dll, you'll likely need to open your crafts in the hangar then launch them fresh... any vessels already out in the game will likely have persistent code in the save.

I'm going to test shooting a plane... last I tested it, I could easily shoot any part of it.

Oh hey, I guess something was wrong with that fuel rover in paticular. I used your apc and blew it up using 30 he, don't know what happened?

Hmm...something is of...I can easily hit and destroy your APC that compes with the pack, all the armour and structural componets. However, with the fuel tanks and the Mk3 fuselage, it seems to go right through or just do no damage?

Woah I never thought of doing that! This is great cause now I can test to see if the craft I made to specifically dogfight with missiles can actually work :D

Also I have this weird thing going on when im building a craft all the parts from the mod are repeated again in the part selection or in other words there is two of each item. Is this a glitch or did I install something incorrectly?

For some reason when I download the mod I didn't have your new stock vehicles and in the part selection there is a second part of everything that is In the mod. Hmm weird did I download something incorrecty or what?

Sounds like you double installed it and one might be in the wrong directory. in your gamedata dir, look for IDSkillfulR1, and delete it, my guess is you have another IDSkillfulR1 inside that as well hiding. Once removed install the newest version and also the newest dll (go to this threads opening post). When you unpack it into GameData make sure Skillful is under GameData like:

THE RIGHT WAY:

GameData --> IDSkillfulR1 --> Parts

...................................--> Crafts

...................................--> Sounds

...................................--> Plugins

................................... on and on...

If you unpack it to the name of the zip it will double it's parent directory, things will be broken badly if you do this.

THE WRONG WAY:

GameData --> IDSkillfulR1 --> IDSkillfulR1 --> Parts

........................................................--> Crafts

........................................................--> Sounds

........................................................--> Plugins

........................................................ on and on...

Hope this helps.

Edited by InfiniteDice

Hey Dice does your code support arcing projectiles like artillery shells or grenades *wink* *wink*

Or just straight flying ones like the guns or tank shells

All the projectiles arc yes. Some have flatter trajectories than others do. Generally speaking it comes down to firing elevation, projectile mass and projectile charge/force.

Hey Dice does your code support arcing projectiles like artillery shells or grenades *wink* *wink*

Or just straight flying ones like the guns or tank shells

The bullets for all the guns fly curving towards the ground. The naval guns especially. Idk why u want grenades, kerbals can't throw, even with k.a.s. only use is the launchers on ah-1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.