Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

Wow, your capsule looks sooo much better than my stab at the Orion as to be a full-on win.

Just...wow!

Well you can never have too many capsules right? Thank you I spent more time texturing that than anything else by far. I'm also very happy with the short dockport setup.

I really enjoy flying Orion although it needs a new IVA. Any vollunteers? :P

xhva.jpg

This weekend you guys will get to have the full service module and launch vehicle with a craft file. The engineering on that system is solid.

Edited by YANFRET

Well you can never have too many capsules right? Thank you I spent more time texturing that than anything else by far. I'm also very happy with the short dockport setup.

I really enjoy flying Orion although it needs a new IVA. Any vollunteers? :P

This weekend you guys will get to have the full service module system with a craft file. The engineering on that system is solid.

http://imageshack.com/a/img34/8602/xhva.jpg

WOOHOO !!!! cant wait we going to get the rover 2 ?

WOOHOO !!!! cant wait we going to get the rover 2 ?

No because we're waiting on a new inflatable heat shield ... also the rovers and the Rover Support Lander are complicated to make and I know I'm not gonna have time to re create and test those this weekend. Before any craft files are released I will have to do a full test of each after re making them under the new folder structure. Also I want to add lots of cool engine FX to the landers.

Edited by YANFRET

dbbu.jpg

Please enjoy

CMES Alpha 003

- Many parts and Advanced Monkey Launch System craft files.

- Now contains 3 rockets!!!

- Fixed some things!

The purpose of this download is to test the Orion capsule and support habitat launch vehicle systems.

Please note:

The parts available to you now in this alpha are not intended to be a modular system for making things. They are the sizes and have the characteristics you see because they are pieces of the 18 craft files that will come with this pack. The purpose of these parts is to provide the smallest footprint of data necessary to build the spacecraft that make this system work. Standard size and balanced CFG files will be added later.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrl3axqhk80l831/CMES%20ALPHA%20003B.zip â—„

WARNING: KJR is required for ALL Chaka Monkey operations http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kerbal-joint-reinforcement/

DO NOT ATTEMPT OPERATION WITHOUT KERBAL JOINT REINFORCEMENT INSTALLED!!

* Warranty void if operation by non-monkey technician is attempted.

How to use: DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION!!! Put "CMES" folder in your Game Data and put .craft files in your VAB.

These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

Downloadable items on this page contain modified content made available under the conditions of original license from:

Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry

Tiberion - NovaPunch

Bobcat, Ind. American Pack

Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Lionhead Aerospace

Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System

Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings)

BahamutoD - Atlas V SRB

Sumghai / Fustek / Nothke - Habitats

Chaka the Monkey would like to extend a special thank you to these developers. They worked very hard to make these parts and we have organized them for Monkey Exploration because they are excellent.

LICENSE

All items copyrighted by their respective original authors and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. You can read the full terms of the license on the Creative Commons webpage here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ :P

Edited by YANFRET

Hi Yanfret I think I have found another bug for you to squash mate.

The Altair docking port part is acting weird falling through the craft, disappearing on undocking and refusing to dock with one another and the other docking ports.

The SLS looks amazing! One weird thing... Using your provided craft file on an otherwise stock install, the Orion parachutes don't seem to be very effective. Fully deployed at Kerbin sea level, they only slow the craft to 39.3 m/s, which is... pretty fatal. :) Is this because they are designed for RSS? Or am I doing something wrong?

The SLS looks amazing! One weird thing... Using your provided craft file on an otherwise stock install, the Orion parachutes don't seem to be very effective. Fully deployed at Kerbin sea level, they only slow the craft to 39.3 m/s, which is... pretty fatal. :) Is this because they are designed for RSS? Or am I doing something wrong?

Are those the dual drogue chutes? Because the triple main canopies slow me down to about 4.5m/s.

Are those the dual drogue chutes? Because the triple main canopies slow me down to about 4.5m/s.

Both sets of chutes deploy, but when the triple mains deploy it only slows the craft by about 5m/s. Do I need to cut the drogues for the mains to work properly?

EDIT: Yep, cutting the drogues, or rather not cutting the drogues, was the problem. Cut them and craft dropped to ~5m/s. I'd love it if they cut automatically, but really this is such a tiny problem... feel free to disregard! Thanks!

Edited by Kitworks
Solved issue

Both sets of chutes deploy, but when the triple mains deploy it only slows the craft by about 5m/s. Do I need to cut the drogues for the mains to work properly?

EDIT: Yep, cutting the drogues, or rather not cutting the drogues, was the problem. Cut them and craft dropped to ~5m/s. I'd love it if they cut automatically, but really this is such a tiny problem... feel free to disregard! Thanks!

Thank you for being thorough!

Hi Yanfret I think I have found another bug for you to squash mate.

The Altair docking port part is acting weird falling through the craft, disappearing on undocking and refusing to dock with one another and the other docking ports.

Yes I've encountered that before were you using it on one of the fustek habitats?

Update:

I neglected to set the staging for the craft files previously. The link is updated now, apologies.

Edited by YANFRET

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem, but the radiators included in Pack 003B don't show up in the VAB or SPH. Is this fixable?

Sorry there was a glitch on my part with the CFG file on that one related to the folder path I noticed as well.

Edited by YANFRET

Thats the same look I saw my dog give me when we were tiling our kitchen. Sadly, that was because we were finding spacers that he had "exited" in the backyard for the few following days. No one told me Weimaraner was synonymic with Aspergers. :P In either case, looking forward to the next update. Have fun grouting! :)

Chaka project still on hold, but we're making progress! Only a few weeks of house remodeling left omg

d3re.jpg

Doge is saying:

Oooh such tiles... much texture....

(Not good for spacedoge heat tiles tho)

Edited by landeTLS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.