[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

This may be intended, but is there any ASAS in SE2A1? I haven\'t found it under any of the tabs and it has really been affecting my ability to fly in a straight line.

I don\'t even bother that that, I just got mechjeb.

Constructive criticism time!

I don\'t know if my install is wacky in some way, but at least for me the lower attachment node for the 1m orbital engine is well past the bottom of the nozzle bell. This leads to a large, visible gap between the engine and decoupler, and between any fairings and the upper stage.

Yeah it seems a bit extreme. And have you noticed that going into 2x time compression while launching makes some rockets crunch up like an accordion? It seems to me that it\'s more pronounced with certain parts and part packs, and it\'s very significant in this pack. I wonder if it has something to do with the attachment nodes vs collider surfaces or something.

Overall it\'s looking like a really nifty pack so far though. I would like to see more engine variation but it sounds like Nova is already working on that. The fairings and decouplers are excellent so I can\'t wait for the final polished version of the pack.

Constructive criticism time!

I don\'t know if my install is wacky in some way, but at least for me the lower attachment node for the 1m orbital engine is well past the bottom of the nozzle bell. This leads to a large, visible gap between the engine and decoupler, and between any fairings and the upper stage.

I made it that way so you can fit fairings around it. The fairing pieces are exactly 0.5m tall, and the distance between the lip on the orbital engine and the bottom node is exactly 1m.

This may be intended, but is there any ASAS in SE2A1? I haven\'t found it under any of the tabs and it has really been affecting my ability to fly in a straight line.

I haven\'t touched ASAS in a long time, and usually find it more trouble than it\'s worth. If popular demand insists though, I\'ll add one.

And have you noticed that going into 2x time compression while launching makes some rockets crunch up like an accordion? It seems to me that it\'s more pronounced with certain parts and part packs, and it\'s very significant in this pack. I wonder if it has something to do with the attachment nodes vs collider surfaces or something.

I don\'t know if it\'s something I can fix, considering the game in general hates when you launch at 2x - the physics have to work twice as fast with half as much precision.

This is true.

But the question is: Is the entire antenna going to move, or is it a hinge part that we can put anything on.

You can put anything on it. Right now it only works for one attached part, but I\'m working on making it work for the entire chain downward from it.

The new Silisko Edition is awesome, though I see it\'s still missing a few important parts (like engine fairings or all 2m parts).

Also, it\'d be great if you could make a conical LFE (or LFT), not only an SRB.

BTW, how\'s the N1 going?

The new Silisko Edition is awesome, though I see it\'s still missing a few important parts (like engine fairings or all 2m parts).

Also, it\'d be great if you could make a conical LFE (or LFT), not only an SRB.

BTW, how\'s the N1 going?

2m fairings/parts are coming eventually.

Not making the N1 anymore, I already have enough on my plate and have left it open to other modders to make it.

I haven\'t touched ASAS in a long time, and usually find it more trouble than it\'s worth. If popular demand insists though, I\'ll add one.

Damn, I love ASAS. Ever since it was added I\'ve never used the normal SAS! though I do need the strut a lot of my ships up otherwise any radial stacks decide they want to... well... forcibly detach prematurely. I guess a lot of how the ASAS works is dependent on individual ship design.

You can put anything on it. Right now it only works for one attached part, but I\'m working on making it work for the entire chain downward from it.

That\'s just epic. What happens is you attach a hinged, moving part to another hinged part? Hinge-ception?

Good to hear about the fairings, but shame about the N1.

I\'ve seen a pic of a pretty complete N1 somewhere around, and I\'m sure it was yours. Who\'s working on it now?

That\'s just epic. What happens is you attach a hinged, moving part to another hinged part? Hinge-ception?

Well, you can attach a lander leg to it for MAXIMUM STRANGENESS (it still functions perfectly)

Nova, concerning the textures of Silisko edition alpha 1. I do not particularly care for the orangish textures. Also, the Mini command pod could probably be a tiny bit bigger, just for realism\'s sake. The pod seems big enough to hold one kerbal and nothing else. No life support. Other than that, you\'ve done a wonderful job on all your projects. You fill me and my kerbonauts with happiness. :)

Nova, concerning the textures of Silisko edition alpha 1. I do not particularly care for the orangish textures. Also, the Mini command pod could probably be a tiny bit bigger, just for realism\'s sake. The pod seems big enough to hold one kerbal and nothing else. No life support. Other than that, you\'ve done a wonderful job on all your projects. You fill me and my kerbonauts with happiness. :)

Yeah I\'ve gotten mixed opinions about the orange textures. I might make differing texture packs for them (saturn style black/white stripes, olive green soviet style...), but for now the orange is staying until I get the parts themselves sorted out.

As for the small pod, I\'m going to make a diagram to see if you actually COULD squeeze in life support equipment.

Oh who cares, it\'s just a kerbal. Life support shmupport.

Also, I like the orange paint job. Soviet olive green would also be nice, although that\'s the general idea of my abortive reskin of your pack. Do you happen to know, did Harv get that part lab working properly yet?