Kerbin Kolonization Konglomerate - Space Station/Base building Collab

Captain Sierra

Alright, I'm done with my part. Pictures here (because my mic was un-cooperative): forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66495-K3-Collab-Mission-Reports?p=918710#post918710

New persistance: http://www./download/cqt1204464xqqu6/persistent.sfs

One minor issue though; the launch vehicle that came with the save doesn't have a probe for de-orbiting, so it's still up there. I can run an off-project mission to get rid of it later, just tell me when.

Sign me up for fuel tank 2, that'd be appreciated:D

I'd just go do it. Download the save file from the mission briefing, and the persistence file in my post. Make sure you have Kethane installed, and don't put any other mod parts on the ship. Take pictures during the mission, and post them to the mission reports thread (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66495-K3-Collab-Mission-Reports) after you're done. And don't forget to upload your persistence file once you're done.

Alright, I'm done with my part. Pictures here (because my mic was un-cooperative): forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66495-K3-Collab-Mission-Reports?p=918710#post918710

New persistance: http://www./download/cqt1204464xqqu6/persistent.sfs

One minor issue though; the launch vehicle that came with the save doesn't have a probe for de-orbiting, so it's still up there. I can run an off-project mission to get rid of it later, just tell me when.

That's up to you. I'm not a fan of LKO debris and I try not to do that, but if there's no good way to get it, such is life, we'll have to live with it.

Yeah, I kinda forgot to include a probe core on it...

Baberbot is up next (he signed up for kethane tank 1 over PM), then Xetalim will take up fuel tank 2 once he's done.

I have a nice 6 segment Munar Kethane base ready (minus LKO boosters) that can be plopped down on a deposit when one is found. See my mock at KSC here.

4 segments are done. A refueling/delivery vessel, and a large Kethane tank are needed for the rest of the base.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Sirine, I'd like it if you'd land the first portion of Inquiry base since you scouted flat areas. Also you designed the huge crawler which would be extremely useful if it fits the base.

I may be able to send you the .craft file for the first module tonight so you can add it when you're PL. I'll send it in a notification as well as add it here: ____ (I'm currently busy so I can't add it now)

Sirine, I'd like it if you'd land the first portion of Inquiry base since you scouted flat areas. Also you designed the huge crawler which would be extremely useful if it fits the base.

I may be able to send you the .craft file for the first module tonight so you can add it when you're PL. I'll send it in a notification as well as add it here: ____ (I'm currently busy so I can't add it now)

No problem.

Other matter...

I have fine-tune the alignment of the station fuel tank. (Not a big deal)

However that is the best that I can get...(via eyeballing & manually done).

http://www./view/lft9oktmst7k17s/persistent.sfs

W6FhUy6.jpg

Hey now, let's focus on the project at hand for now. You're on the list. Your time as lead will come soon enought. :wink:

Hi. I would like to sign up for this, if you don't mind. I probably wont do much other than haul up and dock whatever you ask me to, at least until I have my plan up and running. I would like to propose a groundside kethane refinery on duna, and this will take me a while to complete the mock up and subsystems for it, so I am asking now. You probably won't hear about it again for a while, not until I have made some significant progress at least. (I am very pedantic, and a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of thing.)

My designs will most likely be as minimalistic as possible, due to crappy hardware. Once you start getting over 100 parts on my laptop, things can begin to slow down a bit.

Thanks either way.

Edited by Deathsoul097

Hi. I would like to sign up for this, if you don't mind. I probably wont do much other than haul up and dock whatever you ask me to, at least until I have my plan up and running. I would like to propose a groundside kethane refinery on duna, and this will take me a while to complete the mock up and subsystems for it, so I am asking now. You probably won't hear about it again for a while, not until I have made some significant progress at least. (I am very pedantic, and a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of thing.)

My designs will most likely be as minimalistic as possible, due to crappy hardware. Once you start getting over 100 parts on my laptop, things can begin to slow down a bit.

Thanks either way.

I'm sure you'd be welcome to join. However, while you could plan a Duna kethane refinery, by the time we cycle through the project lead list to you, we may already have a Duna base, or may still be focusing on the Kerbin system or something else entirely. So basically, you certainly could design a Duna kethane base, but you might not be leading it, no garuntees. (But I don't know for sure, I might be wrong :P)

That's fine by me. If someone beats me to it, they are probably better than me at this anyway. However, I think I will have one advantage. I will not use landing legs. Instead, I have a sub assembly pre built that will attach to the ends of the modules, which will ensure everything is at the exact height it needs to be. This also means that if the area runs out of kethane, all of the modules will be able to be repositioned into a long train, and then relocated. This also cuts out having to create a transporter, and allows the freeing up of another module for more useful purposes.

I currently have the habitat working (Sorry for the dark pics):

VH5HeOJ.png

IIhRn42.png

EDIT

Mining module:

mqnSXeo.png

Edited by Deathsoul097

Deathsoul, Welcome aboard! For now, things are kept inside of the Kerbin system, though I definitely want to expand out at some point. There are plenty of people between you and the current Project Lead, Monopropellant, on the list so you have plenty of time to get your planning, building, and testing done.

Weegee, Whats wrong with two? There is no 'we already have one'. This is Kerbal Space Program, just one is not simply good enough!

Truer words have never been spoken ^ Also Deathsoul, I have plans I have for a stationary Mun base and it won't be going up for a bit as well. You can keep designing and testing just like me and be packed, tested, and set for drop when your turn comes around.

Bases are like boosters. Never enough of em'

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Weegee, Whats wrong with two? There is no 'we already have one'. This is Kerbal Space Program, just one is not simply good enough!

Well, I didn't mean it that way. I just meant that it's planning a bit far ahead :P

I'm adding a list of people to the second post in order of Project Lead. The top name is bolded and is the current PL. After they are done, they go to the bottom and everyone else moves up. Hopefully this lets people know exactly how soon their turn comes and can plan accordingly. Weegee and Sirine, I'm looking at both of yall as you two, particularly you Weegee, are up pretty soon.

EDIT: Who has the current persistence? And what is your status on your launch?

Edited by Captain Sierra

Should I/someone start a separate thread for a list of planned things? It might be useful to separate plans from action and reports.

Nah. I think we can keep it in mission reports. After all, designing, testing, and assembling are all part of the mission are that not?! However, if you want to, I can start one, or anyone else here can start one. Just be sure to post a link to it in this thread so I can add it to the main post. It would be best located right next to the mission reports thread.

Right. I have two more modules to prototype (Fuel storage and kethane storage/dedicated refinery). Other than that I have a science lab, core, hab module, solar powerstation (Though I am thinking of putting in the ketholectric generator.) and the mining module. -Pics soontm-

Ah. Hmm. Looks like each of the modules are going to have to relocate to the new areas individually, as the clampotrons are not very strong. As soon as the "Train" of modules begins to turn, the whole thing starts to flex, and then modules begin to break away. Oh well, it shouldn't be a problem though, as each module has 8k of charge for the wheels.

Edited by Deathsoul097

Nah. I think we can keep it in mission reports. After all, designing, testing, and assembling are all part of the mission are that not?! However, if you want to, I can start one, or anyone else here can start one. Just be sure to post a link to it in this thread so I can add it to the main post. It would be best located right next to the mission reports thread.

Yeah we can keep them in mission reports, i'm just thinking ahead when we have a mix of proposed ideas and actual things cris-crossed over like 10 pages :P. Might get confusing.

On another note, I'm currently running KSP on a school issued laptop :D

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.