New planets for the Kerbolar system

peadar1987

Afaik, Unity does not support 64 bit yet.
Oh believe me.. I know.

What level of influence does Squad have on Unity and its devs? Are they working together to upgrade unity? Because imo that's more important then career mode. As is.. were okay. But as Squad adds features over the next year the stock game itself is going to be leaving a larger ram footprint. Slowly, but surely room for mods is being squeezed out. So before anymore major features get added id rather see more optimization. It's HAS to happen sooner or later.

Well, people woudlnt complain about planets and demant new so often if current didnt sucked.

Well they dont really suck, but we need variety!

Moho, Dres (worst planet ever) and Eloo are to much similar.

Sure, Dres is inclined by 5', eloo has eccentric orbit, moho is close to the sun so you need much delta v for breaking, but its just orbital mechanics.

Ok, not JUST. Mechanic is very important. But its not really spectacular.

We need some oceans and lakesof various liquids, different atmospheres, interesting terrain formations. Something to make each body unique!

Well as someone mentioned current planets are good for alpha/eta testing.. SOmetimes i forgot that its not full, released game.

Out of all the planet ideas I've seen the three I've most liked the idea off are;

The crystal moon that was cut.

A second, slightly smaller but ringed gas giant.

A rough analog to Uranus/Neptune. Thick but very low atmosphere, blue coloured and with mountains that stick out above the atmosphere.

Well, people woudlnt complain about planets and demant new so often if current didnt sucked.

Well they dont really suck, but we need variety!

Moho, Dres (worst planet ever) and Eloo are to much similar.

Sure, Dres is inclined by 5', eloo has eccentric orbit, moho is close to the sun so you need much delta v for breaking, but its just orbital mechanics.

Ok, not JUST. Mechanic is very important. But its not really spectacular.

We need some oceans and lakesof various liquids, different atmospheres, interesting terrain formations. Something to make each body unique!

Well as someone mentioned current planets are good for alpha/eta testing.. SOmetimes i forgot that its not full, released game.

For your examples:

Not much to Eeloo besides being far away, but it will be a moon of a gas giant in the future.

Dres has the largest canyon in the solar system.

Moho has the two largest holes in the solar system.

But, as my signature points out, I've been everywhere, so I'd like some new places to go (preferably with gigantic and interesting terrain).

Edited by TheDarkStar

Out of all the planet ideas I've seen the three I've most liked the idea off are;

The crystal moon that was cut.

Check out this asteroid;

qEiRXxY.jpg

A second, slightly smaller but ringed gas giant.

No examples at this time

A rough analog to Uranus/Neptune. Thick but very low atmosphere, blue coloured and with mountains that stick out above the atmosphere.

Something like this;RXAU8dK.jpg

However, a gas giant of that type doesn't have a large enough rocky core for such a terrain. Something like a ringed Duna would be interesting;

9855szO.jpg

Let the DEVS get the bios of the existing worlds done before adding the new planets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.