[0.23]BioMass - Renewable Bio Fuel Modules

Roboto

Biomass-logo-293x261.jpg

please follow this link for posting questions, issues, bug fixes etc...

Ongoing development Thread

BioMass Science+ Download<--UPDATED 17.1.14!

GitHub Download

Creators:

Science = seanth

Models = Roboto

IMPORTANT: This mod requires Kethane's MMI_Kethane.dll (http://mirror.nabaal.net/files/kethane/Kethane-0.8.2.zip)

IMPORTANT AS WELL: If you would like to change difficulty levels, you need Module Manager installed (https://github.com/Ialdabaoth/ModuleManager/blob/master/ModuleManager.dll?raw=true)

Change Log:

(2014-01-16)

---Difficulty levels worked in for Greenhouse and Compressors. Easy, Normal, Hard. Each difficulty level produces different amounts of O2, total biomass, and grows at different rates.

---Fixed attachment of the large science experiment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BioMass Legacy SpacePort Download<--UPDATED 9.1.14!

Download from the SpacePort!

Installation

Export the GameData folder into your KSP directory.

LICENSE

This software is released under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/deed.en_US

You can make kethane(methane) in the MicroBiome part by allowing the biomass and biocake to breakdown. Or you can make liquid fuel (which can also be broken down in the MicroBiome)

Please note that (as of 2014-01-17) the MicroBiome and BioReactor parts have not been fully play balanced with the new difficulty level settings, so their production rates might be too slow/fast.

i think the science plus kethane gas compressor isnt working.it seems like its referencing a unkown resource, because it takes in electicity and kethane and makes nothing, proably something else, and it takes electricity and makes kethane, i suppose it needs the output of the first thing though. can you help?

Is the spaceport version getting updates or is it all in the github version now? I am asking since I found the greenhouses are still breakable (Klumsy Kerbals) and didn't know if this is fixed just in the github version or if "legacy" is getting love too.

Is the spaceport version getting updates or is it all in the github version now? I am asking since I found the greenhouses are still breakable (Klumsy Kerbals) and didn't know if this is fixed just in the github version or if "legacy" is getting love too.

Shiiiiiit... I forgot about that, sorry It's updated. Yea, I'll continue to tweak and fix things as needed with the original version, but mostly just for updates to KSP. We would like to eventually get the version we have on Github working with difficulty levels, but at the moment is experimental.

Edited by Roboto

i think the science plus kethane gas compressor isnt working.it seems like its referencing a unkown resource, because it takes in electicity and kethane and makes nothing, proably something else, and it takes electricity and makes kethane, i suppose it needs the output of the first thing though. can you help?

You are correct: there was a resource definition missing. Github has been updated to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

If your going to make a bioreactor I would suggest looking at the current research and development in Algae and the development of fuels from it. This way you can have a primary Algae tank, Clear Tube Solar Cells, and a BioReactor.

The Algae tank contains the base algae for the system. The Tube Cells are then filled with the algae and use sunlight to get the algae to propagate. More cells means more algae. Excess algae is then placed into the Bioreactor and converted into different fuel types. If you want to make it a little more complex, you can create different reactor types to create different fuels.

Hope it helps. Oh and recently a system like this was demonstrated as a way to create light crude to help supplement crude oil for gas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.