Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

hard to say, i always liked a combination of engines so that if i get impatient i can speed burns up, i like to go with some LFO for "IM SO BORED" moments, a nuke for long burns and ion engines for emergencies (when you run out of the good juice)

Basically i just over build things, No great reason to use more than one engine type other than for more usability, it normally lowers delta v.

If i am building rockets i normally just get lazy and overbuild it so i can use Rhinos or mainsails as interplanetary engines lol, impatience and all that. thats why rockets are no fun though... they are too easy.

God damn i edit comments alot....

Pheeeew well dang, guess I need to roster some play styles xD

I managed to complete my Airbus A380 after around a month of testing, putting it off in the shelves and dusting it off, and I am soon to make a thread for it :)

A big thanks to Mad Rocket Scientist - He accepted my request to test the big walrus and give feedback - It's not everyday that you're confident about your designs :wink:

First version - you may have seen it in the "Showoff your Rep-worthy crafts" thread :)

c1MaElh.png

After the bloom of 1.0, I stored it in the "I'll Just Procrastinate These Things" Shelf..

When my attempt to make a B777 failed, I was looking for another project - and stumbled upon the A380. I decided to start working on it again. I redid the whole thing - It now had around 290 parts in contrast with the 400+ it had before :)

(Photo courtesy of Mad Rocket Scientist)

BINki6b.png

After even more tweaking, I added some airbrakes, and brand new "Airbus" wing fences!

9I1vZmY.png

So far, it's looking good :) I just need it to tweak it a little, and it should be released in a day or two.

Just be careful, though.. It's fragile.

(Warranty void if landing gear retracted in the process of taxiing.)

4ZX6AnJ.gif

Neato man ill have to give it a crack i do like big planes, makes me want to re build my 767

Totally agree - one of my favs and waaay ahead of its time (it first flew in 1955!)

Thanks guys :) I really appreciate it.. I honestly didn't know people would actually like it.. I'm a little too unconfident with my designs. :blush:

Although just a correction - The B767 first flew in 1981 and the A380 in 2005, although it would be amazing if they did fly that early. :)

Attempting a speed record for a craft of this size:

http://i.imgur.com/BlHQvXz.png

It did reach 1000 m/s before breaking up :D

Also, success, at last!

http://i.imgur.com/C6YWA8t.png

Wait wait, is that the second SSTO to put 2 orange tanks in orbit for 1.0.2?

I don't think ive seen one other than cronus yet, really well done man welcome to the club :D how many parts is it at?

Preparing my Mk2 Heavy VTOL Lifter to be published probably tommorow. It lifts 80 tons and I believe 130 parts :D and its very affordable, *Make sure to place your 80 tons better than what I did unless you want to have fun keeping your center of gravity under control :D

It comes with internal storage and on the top storage as in radial attachment and strap your rocket to it ;). I put 30 tons of ore canisters in these photos.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I mentioned in another thread that since Julia never ended up going to Jool before the next patch arrived, to make up for it my next mothership would be so massive it would make it look like a sepratron. Behold the prototype:

http://i.imgur.com/JjkixIZl.png

Hot tip, if you do not connect the wings with fuel in them up with fuel connectors the fuel in the wings will all burn at an even rate :)