KGB Macro-molecular reconstruction in polar orbit

Agent86

If you actually build DNA from this...wow. I can't even imagine the size that would be Oo

I mean, this has already a decent size and is just an unfinished molecule if I understand you correctly?

maybe just a part of it, the dna is actually 3 meters long, and if you realize is just a bunch of molecules, 3 meters is huge, now putting it to ksp scale it just hurts my brain just thinking about it

wholly helix!! That's quite a task you've set for yourself!!

Couple of questions;

-why no RCS when docking?

-have you set the render distance above 2.2km or is that going to be a limiting factor?

1 - 'Cause I can.

2 - I'm likely to die of old age before I reach 2.2km. If not, then I'll worry about it when it becomes a problem.

Also, no mechjeb on these machines. Each launch is purely vanilla.

As a non-biologist, I'm unsure of the length of DNA molecules, but at that scale might it reach around Kerbol when done?

Fixed that for you. :P

I'm unsure as well, but by making each part so big, it's likely in my layman's opinion that it would be "are you frickin' kidding me" scale.

Human DNA has about 3 billion base pairs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genome). If we very conservatively say that you manage to represent the molecules of a single base pair with a construction 10m long (yours looks quite a bit bigger), the entire thing would be 30*million km. That's enough to reach from Kerbin to the sun and back (http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Kerbin).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.