[WIP]Nova Rocket [Test Release Version Beta 0.0.1] [Texture Artist Needed]

GoldForest

Which two rockets would you like to see from the first link in the 4th post?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which two rockets would you like to see from the first link in the 4th post?

Oh, on another note, NOVA 34(the first link in the fourth post) is going to be two different kinds. NOVA 34 to 2.5 meter and then NOVA 34 with it's own payload. NOVA 34 to 2.5 meter is an SSTO Rocket.

So, question time.

Would you want it mathed out to how much fuel it can have, or would you want it to be able to get into orbit and even to other planets period?

Vote now!

This is the first time I see as much power posting as this. Can you not sixtuple post? It's strongly discouraged, if you have additional infor, edit your previous post, don't post a new one.

Thanks.

Sorry, I'll remember that in the future.

Okay, It's finally here!

The test release for the Saturn-nova Stage one!

Edited by GoldForest

-I'll look into creating thoses, though my fairings might not be as good as say KWs, Procedural Fairings, or NPs fairings. I'm trying to test out how to make fairings for the 14A so that they decouple outward instead of the rocket just having to slowly drift out of the interstage, but I'm having trouble with it. For right now, the best bet would to be use Procedural Fairing's largest fairing holder and just strut it down.

Some news pertaining to the mod.

Tygoo 7 has left the team due to school and stuff in his life. So, we will be needing a new texture artist to texture the models.

If you want to join the team, go ahead and send me or Khaos a pm with examples of your texture skills. We will try to get textures out ourselves, but we are at best... low to no skill at textureing.

Hey guys, just an update.

Firstly, this mod is not dead.

Secondly, Khaos is currently in the process of moving and will be offline for a few days until he gets internet up in his new place, so no models or anything for now.

Thirdly, we are thinking of redoing the Saturn-Nova models we have since they may not line up with the 2.5 command pod. Khaos says to just resize them, and I'm thinking of doing that, but if they we resize all the parts and the whole craft doesn't fit in the VAB, we may redo them. Or just tell you to go through the floor :P

Fourthly, we still need a dedicated texture artist please!

• 1 month later...

This looks like a very good mod, though i think the engines should be separate from the tanks, just having premade stages kinda lame if you ask me.

Also, what are the second stage engines? Some form of F-1 with a bigger nozzle for vacuum use?

Also, if this ends up needing fins for some reason, how about using grid fins?

I've thought about doing this. I actually thought about making the tank and just using the Mainsails, but that would mean the first stage would need to be 10.5 meters to fit all the mainsails. At 10.5 meters the whole rocket wouldn't fit in the VAB. The 1.25 engines are too small to create the thrust.

I will give this more thought. For now, the rocket with be premade stages.

And grid fins?

Hmmm. I'll think about making them a different part, but as far as fins go on the S-Nova, it has none in the picture, so no fins. I will make custom fins for it if it's needed, but I want to keep to the look of the pictures.

And because it has a clustered solid-fuel first stage that even Jeb is envious of. :sticktongue:

I thought about making them all separate srbs and just have a plate they attach to, but then it would look silly if someone only attached one of them to a rocket, since the nozzles are angled, so I went with a clustered single model.

The General Dynamics link has a clustered srb Nova. And the NASA Nova designs have a lot of SRB clusters lol

And holy crap! I just noticed that the first proposed rocket by General Dynamics has 16 F-1s! 16! That's a lot to squeeze in! I think I might have to take a close look at FASA's Saturn I engine cluster to get an idea for that! lol

Also, a question. The Nova 34 says it has two stages, but I can only see one. So, would you rather have an SSTO 34 like I originally planned, or would you like a two stage? I'm guessing the second stage is inside the shrouding of the upper part.

Yep, I got a pile of stuff to do, and that's just for texturing, not irl. I'll free up some time in the future for this. :D

And thanks! It would be good to have work for Khaos when he gets back! lol

Edited by GoldForest

Anything, just state it, pic is better. I will do what I can.

Awesome! I'm tempted in sending you a model to test you out lol, But I don't want to overwhelm you, or divert your attention from your current duties, so I'll just wait. *Grabs a book, sits down, crosses my legs and gets to reading.*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.