[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

What happens if I try and land with FAR installed, will it be ok?

Also does it delete saves? (sorry if I have asked these before)

If you're worried, just go into your save game folder, copy your full save directory and paste as a copy or backup.

there a good chance that it may if there any .cfg changes it could reset the planets postition maybe. just back up your save first and the old version of sidos mod then install the new one and see

After updating to the newest version, I checked my ships on transfers, and they all looked good. Then I proceeded to send more ships to Jool. I'll probably arrive at Urania in 3 weeks real time at this rate!

Le mod es les formidables ... !

Those celestial bodies look well-designed, will download it soon ... !

thank you so much, don't forget to support me if you can it's really important for me ;)

What happens if I try and land with FAR installed, will it be ok?

Also does it delete saves? (sorry if I have asked these before)

I test my pack with FAR cause lot of people ask for it, normally there will be no problems at all.

But made the test for us and tell us if everything is ok

After updating to the newest version, I checked my ships on transfers, and they all looked good. Then I proceeded to send more ships to Jool. I'll probably arrive at Urania in 3 weeks real time at this rate!

have a good trip ! :wink:

Can it run at the same time with the Veriveldi and Verion planet packs?

As you can run Urania with Sentar i think you can run my pack without problem with veriveldi.

I already check it so it work.

But Veriveldi is very more ram hunger with heavy planet texture than mine, so take care with your installation.

Also, it seems that it use the same PQS range than me (700 -900) so it will break you FAR mod.

Edited by Sido

If you're worried, just go into your save game folder, copy your full save directory and paste as a copy or backup.

I was mainly asking if using planet packs deletes saves, or just puts the planets in the save that you already have (so i don't have to start all over again)

I was mainly asking if using planet packs deletes saves, or just puts the planets in the save that you already have (so i don't have to start all over again)

In my testing/editing with different planet packs often it works just fine, and other times it does not.

Small note:

Urania is compatible with Verion and Verviedi. I'll test it with Poltuara, but it isn't anywhere near ready. Just so you know.

As soon as I get ungrounded I will fix the FlightGlobalsIndex bug.

Unless one uses clouds and science defines. Then they need to be stitched together. Since there's no harm for including entries not used in the science defines we should use the community version and have all new planet packs build off the same master. The same goes for the cloud defines. Since Urania has the most entries already, maybe each solar system designer should add their cloud defines to his file. If done in order, like Porry first, then Yaeha, then Cooly etc, we would not have to run different version of the game to get the full effects.

I finally arrived at the Urania system. I initially said that the update did not affect the transit, though I may have been wrong. My SOI change was delayed by about 8hrs for each ship. Interesting though, the one ship that had an encounter with one of the moons still had it.

2 of my ships have landed, 1 is in an orbit. The system looks beautiful, though crowded - looking up into the sky there are so many moons to see! I underestimated the thrust my ships would have, so I can't land on the moons of Urania (I probably could, but it will be hard), though I can land on the moons of the moons.

Also, I noticed biomes when doing science!

I like KSP, and what Squad has done, but the planets are so dull when compared to what you have done. Are they realistic? Probably not. But they look so cool.

Next transfer window, I will be sending better landers. Also, as I mentioned before, I've sent ships to Jool. The purpose of that was to set up a Kethane mining facility on Pol. I'm also setting one up on Dres. These are going to help me to get to and from Urania and Sentar easier, so I can send bigger ships!

Tonight I hope to do more exploring!

Unless one uses clouds and science defines. Then they need to be stitched together. Since there's no harm for including entries not used in the science defines we should use the community version and have all new planet packs build off the same master. The same goes for the cloud defines. Since Urania has the most entries already, maybe each solar system designer should add their cloud defines to his file. If done in order, like Porry first, then Yaeha, then Cooly etc, we would not have to run different version of the game to get the full effects.

I'll do it. I'll start this Saturday. Should we all host the same file in our .zips?

I installed the mod as you detailed it in the readme, but I don't see the system in the planetfactory loader when I boot the game. The only diffence I've seen between my save and your instructions is that I didn't have to delete the three test systems (or maybe I did it so long ago that I forgot about it, but I think they were never there).

The planetfactory planets are all running just fine, and the auroras from your pack are working too.

Any thoughts as to why I can't get the planets to show up?

I dont believe there are resource maps for interstellar, but you should be able to add them to the config. Its in gamedata/warpplugin/planetresourcedata/

Yeah, it's difficult for me to make an update for all the mod... i don't have enough time cause i'm on a other professional project wich take me more time, but i keep an eye on my planet pack of course ^^

Edited by Sido

I've been all over the place in Urania now (well almost).

Some comments for you, regarding issues I found.

1. A description of a planet is wrong. I forget which one specifically, but it said it was the moon of Rhea, when it was not. I think Eos.

2. The moon of Hyperion has an insane SOI, it practically touches the surface of Hyperion.

3. I had some weird effects at one point. The SOI transition was getting further and further away. Time accelerating stopped it and it started again when I went 1x, so I left it on until the transition. I guess this is a planet factory issue.

Design comments:

1. The planets are pretty, but they are too homogenous. They don't look the same but they all seem to have very similar characteristics, ie all the moons moons seem to have .5g, all the main moons about .7g A bit more variation would be good.

2. Fragnum has some areas (at least the green crater I landed in), below sea level. The problem with this is the camera angle becomes fixed, looking down. It's very difficult to do things like that.

3. Hyperion has most of it's land at about 80km. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but I feel that the sea level should be much higher to represent this. I guess then you'll have a problem with the low areas. I smashed a ship into it first time, trying to aerobreak. Landing on it was very interesting though.

4. Eos has no atmosphere, yet there is wind blowing snow/ice around! There might be other moons like that also.

I've been all over the place in Urania now (well almost).

Some comments for you, regarding issues I found.

1. A description of a planet is wrong. I forget which one specifically, but it said it was the moon of Rhea, when it was not. I think Eos.

2. The moon of Hyperion has an insane SOI, it practically touches the surface of Hyperion.

3. I had some weird effects at one point. The SOI transition was getting further and further away. Time accelerating stopped it and it started again when I went 1x, so I left it on until the transition. I guess this is a planet factory issue.

Design comments:

1. The planets are pretty, but they are too homogenous. They don't look the same but they all seem to have very similar characteristics, ie all the moons moons seem to have .5g, all the main moons about .7g A bit more variation would be good.

2. Fragnum has some areas (at least the green crater I landed in), below sea level. The problem with this is the camera angle becomes fixed, looking down. It's very difficult to do things like that.

3. Hyperion has most of it's land at about 80km. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but I feel that the sea level should be much higher to represent this. I guess then you'll have a problem with the low areas. I smashed a ship into it first time, trying to aerobreak. Landing on it was very interesting though.

4. Eos has no atmosphere, yet there is wind blowing snow/ice around! There might be other moons like that also.

Thanks for your feedback !

I take a look and made adjustements in a futur update.

What a breathtaking sight!

Also, can you also add aurora borealis to Eve and Laythe? Not to Duna because it might have lost it's magnetosphere like Mars.

Another request: Is there a Delta-V map for the Urania system? Or at least how much Delta-V it took for a round trip to Ares or that green planet I always forget it's name? These seem to be my favourites.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.