[1.0.5] [RELEASE 0.8] Sido's Urania System : 7 new planets and 8 moons !

Sido

kiwiak, you ask the question three hours ago.... and i get the time to answer you.

As you can see, between your first question and your second i don't make an update of my pack.

What's your conclusion about science ?

Well first question was about custom reports for planets, by then i didnt noticed that science archives doesnt work at all for all stock planets. And second question was about it.

Well sorry to bother you :blush:

You're not bother me, science question have just been ask a thousand time :D

Sido are you using the agressive or basic version of the texture compressor?

Seriously, nobody read the first page ? It's write that the normal version is enough. IN RED, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE lol

You're welcome :)

It's seem that there's an ArgumentException involving FAR and a dictionary object. That's how it stores the properties of other planet's atmospheres, and it list the bodies using indices based on the FlightGlobals index for that body. PlanetFactory isn't changing that, so multiple bodies are getting the same index, which causes FAR to break.

I'll made an update by changing index for custom systems to avoid the conflict in the next update

Awesome! Thank you very much.

rBCAYtk.png

DotWQXS.png

dPn60DW.png

the light on the moons also appears to not be working, its slightly off

YrQvcwr.png

anyways, time to attempt to mine every drop of kethane out of each and every moon before they meet their doom.

Edit: Moho seems to be drifting away from kerbol, and the moons of Urania also seem to be drifting off their orbits.

Eve is moving EXTREMLY fast around its orbit, in 18 in game hours it's gone like halfway around.

Kerbin and Duna apear to not be moving at all. I think the other planets aren't moving either.

Edit 2: Urania apears to be drifting sideways as if it's suddenly in an eccentric orbit.

Sentar apears to me moving along with Eeloo, Jool, and the other planets, but at like the same speed as eve just bigger orbits taking longer, dres isn't moving, and Urania is drifting upwards and apears to be moving back out, it's like it's taking a shortcut around its orbit

Edit 3: when I switch to the space center and VAB an back they return to their orbits, but begin to drift again, my computers about to shut off, so I will post more tommorow

Edited by Deadpangod3

Um, not to freak out but,

URANIA IS PLUMMETING TOWARDS KERBOL!!!!!

I have no idea why, it's like it just abandoned its orbit and decide it wasnt worth it anymore.

I'll get pics in a moment

DO you have Sentar running as well? Maybe that's causing issues?

<<<edit>>>

I see you do. You really shouldn't run both.

Edited by jpinard

sentar doesnt have to be loaded. what this mod uses is the .dll from the pack. i delted all textures from the sentar mod and just left the planetfactory.cfg

reason i did that is even if u disable it in the popup the game may read them anyway and try to load them or cause problems.

sentar doesnt have to be loaded. what this mod uses is the .dll from the pack. i delted all textures from the sentar mod and just left the planetfactory.cfg

reason i did that is even if u disable it in the popup the game may read them anyway and try to load them or cause problems.

But how does sentar cause problems? I was planning to mine kethane from its moons :(

Why? I thought sentar had to be loaded too? Also, isn't Uranias template sentar?

Running Sentar along with this will slow your game to crawl or crash if you run any decent number of mods. Uranias has enough to be beautiful on its own however :)

Will you report back and let us all know if you still see these anomalies with Sentar disabled?

You're true, it's simply that your cloud layer is above the aurora. you can change it by set a lower radius to your layer clouds in your cfg.

the aurora start at 1.018, you can for example set your clouds layer at 0.017, save and enjoy :)

I test it with the normal version of the clouds pack anyway :/

I'm sorry, but if only the proplem was so simple!

The clouds ARE lower the aurora, they are at 1.004 (as the normal ones) but for some reason you still seen them clearly.

I think the same thing happens with normal clouds too, but probably can't be seen so clear.

On the other hand, it seems more to be a problem of the BoulderCo mod rather than your addition.

Maybe, just maybe, it is something with the fine tunes of the layers. I can't be sure.

Even after a restart the planets are starting to drift, and without Sentar loaded, and my Kethane station and miner disappeared, the flag for my mining site and a lander were teleported to Hyperion somehow!

Fun fact, 20 Kethane drills running at once are laggy as hell!

Read the Firs tpage, test the "INSTALLATION ADVICES" and tell me if it correct your problem

Si tu as lu la première page oui, sinon je ne sais pas.

Tout les problème des crash ont étés résolus.

I found out where the problems, there is a conflict between mods BoulderCo and UniverseReplacer. Sido's Urania works perfectly with these mods separately.

BoulderCo seem to handle textures replacement, is it possible to use a Skybox with it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.