Politics and War

nettcod

Reporting in from my end: Futuria is growing nicely, I'm now producing steel and plan to start putting some into alliance trade offers once a week. Alliance members can get steel from me at 1/5 market value. I'm also in the process of converting my existing bauxite stores into aluminum; especially important as wind farms require 25 aluminum to build now and I intend to stick with my commitment of green power by employing wind and nuclear only.

As an aside, I'm a little disappointed that the new costs skew things heavily in favor of oil and coal. Looks like the world of Orbis is going to stick with dirty power for a while...

Food production is up as well, and if needed, I can start putting food into the alliance market for free.

Well, got attacked by someone today and managed to fight back. I think the aggressor's maximum strength is between 4000 and 6000 (3 farms on the former and 2 farms on the latter). I'm waiting for some attack points to bring him down now.

you are Kethane Nation, aye? would you like assistance?

edit - sweetness, Andrew. metal on the market!

i'm producing gasoline now, personally - posting when stockpiled

Edited by Accelerando

you are Kethane Nation, aye? would you like assistance?

edit - sweetness, Andrew. metal on the market!

i'm producing gasoline now, personally - posting when stockpiled

Ummm yeah. I don't think I could fight too much at once. I need to allocate many to fight one side.

Ummm yeah. I don't think I could fight too much at once. I need to allocate many to fight one side.

Too low level for me to fight them myself, but I gave you what steel and gas I have, if you can make a factory. Some munitions too

Arctania has applied for membership in the Alliance.

Not much to offer right now besides a slight food surplus though. It's more or less a glorified farmer's market until I can get financial revenue to a more comfortable growth rate.

Buildin' up them budget surpluses, aye.

I'm manufacturing steel now as well, but as an Asian country I need coal. Anyone with shares of it can lob some my way and I'll send you 5 steel for every 3 coal. 4 if you send iron. Whadya think?

If you happened to notice why the population decreased, it's because of the effects of pollution (which have been increased due to implementation). Now that the pollution is implemented, people in our alliance will get sick more. So, if you have a big city, try using clean power. But clean power is expensive, however, so we do need a bauxite exporter or aluminum manufactory, and to save up enough money.

Posted on April 4th, 2014, at 10:37 AM PDT (1:37 PM EDT).

Well, that explains why disease in Utopolis jumped to over 2%... I'm using wind power exclusively, but with 1 steel and 1 aluminum refinery, that's 18 points right there. 2 more from farms, and 2 points coming from somewhere (not sure where).

Just a heads-up that my first batch of steel is up on the alliance trade board. 5 tons each at $600 per ton. I'll see about doing this each Thursday, and will increase the amounts of steel (but not the price) as I improve production capacity.

If we can get people producing and selling aluminum on the market in a similar fashion that would be grand.

EDIT: Looking at the alliance wars page, I think someone needs to have a word with "Nick" - Russia SFSR has been attacking members of established (and powerful) alliances lately...

Edited by AndrewBCrisp

Thanks for the steel. I've stockpiled enough steel to sell them at higher price - buy cheap, sell high - and also to build a police station :). I'm still saving money for a new city so I could manufacture some steel, though.

Also, this "Nick" has a forum account: Nick7892. He's off since the end of March, though. I've only added him into the alliance after he found out he said he's a Kerbal.

I've put up some Gasoline for alliance sale. $100 apiece, 1/8 the usual price. PMs haven't reached Nick, Designer?

Btw, my own offer of Steel for Coal still stands, for anyone who has it. Chip some in and you get some back - 5 Steel for 3 Coal. That sound reasonable? Nation name's Phlalchas.

Edited by Accelerando

Perhaps nuclear power may be good as you can power 2000 infrastructure levels with just on power plant. Problem is that it is expensive (500,000!) and may cause a meltdown.

Put up 25 iron for 100 a ton. 1/5 of market price.

Edited by Redrobin

I Have so i built Recycling center to help reduce my pollution index down a good amount ,and now I have 2 mines ,and 2 Coal plants.Now im going to save up for more infrastructure to build a Uranium mine.

I'm just out of some [censored] wars and finally picked up the economy. Big success, though, as I've managed to beat the attacker back and have that nation rendered economically unstable. But I don't think I will be in a war for a long time, though, since I'm trying to get enough cash to build my second city...

In the mean time, food is my primary export. Also sent the PM through both types of communication. Hope he IS a Kerbal (metaphorically speaking, not literally speaking), otherwise he might need to get kicked out.

If he ends up not being Kerbal, that might make a nice target for our war efforts.

And... food is my main export right now as well, since it seems unlikely I'll be able to produce anything else for quite some time. Perhaps I'm wrong, unless I'm REALLY playing this wrong, but would I be correct in assuming that each infrastructure level generally takes longer to reach than the previous one? I can try to boost commerce all I want, but the cost of building infrastructure seems to increase right along with it.

I'll be selling food on the open market at roughly 100 units per day at whatever price I can get for it. Unless someone in the alliance needs it badly, in which case I'll sell it at a nice discount.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.