HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

It should, I use the standard 1.25m shield as a workaround for the Radish and it can survive reentry from Minmus just fine with the default settings.
Conveniently/cheatily, DRE only checks whether the part's origin is shielded. So *probably* a 0.625m heatshield would shield a stack-connected pod above it. :)

That's good, means I can set it up similar to the mk1-2 where it has the beginnings of a heat shield and then use a 1.875m shield that fills in the rest.

Trying on a lark, the fix for the radial chutes suggested in the other thread by Starwaster, as added to the SDHI part

@PART[RC_radial]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
adjustCollider = -0.015
}
}

seems to have helped quite a bit. Basically, I don't want to make extra work on Orion if it's not needed :)

TerLoki might be able to try this as well. I just added the module at the front of the modules section in the part.cfg as a quick/dirty test.

Well, im trying to tell him that i agree that it should be fixed...

I will agree that particular model could use some improvement, but there's no reason to be rude about it, come on, why is it people think the internet means they get to act with no social graces?

I don't know how possible this would be, but it would be nice to attach things radially to the fins on top of the Soy-Juice module, also (And this is more of a personal thing) I believe the combo decoupler and parachute are too thick and causes the Onion Service module to stick up far too high.

Make a Voskhod pod with service module. And a stock alike R7 launcher.

Um, let me reword your question. If you could make a Voskhod pod with service module and a stock alike R7 launcher that would be great. If not, that's okay. Please don't demand parts. :)

You'd better learn the language to make requests in, then. :) Oh, and check KW rocketry first, you already can make a stock-alike R-7. Voskhod is nearly the same as Vostok, and at "Kerbal" level there's no difference.

Anyway, R-7 would be nice and all, but I'd rather see a Long March 2E, Kerbal version. 2.5m with 1.25m LRBs and a truss decoupler. 3 lengths of tanks, a 1.25m booster engine, quad-nozzle 2.5m sustainer and a single-nozzle 2.5m upper stage engine with verniers. With an additional quad-nozzle 1.875m engine and a similar 1.25m one you'd be set for the entire Long March family besides the 1.

Either way, a Soyuz-style payload shroud would be an even better addition. With some effort, an LV can be made with other mods, but other than BobCat, noone has made a working Soyuz shroud (and his doesn't fit other mods).

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.